Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 01:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Ironic when someone uses Scripture to argue against using Scripture, isn't it? I mean.....you can't make that stuff up!

"Double-mindedness", anyone? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 01:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Now now, you are being fair by saying this. Show me where I have rejected the scriptures... Exactly you can't you will find me saying they are not what you say they are, infallible and inerrant. Huge difference and you are intelligent enough to know this too. So how you can say "peace" knowing this is quite odd to say the least.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Ironic when someone uses Scripture to argue against using Scripture, isn't it? I mean.....you can't make that stuff up!
Quote:
As in "39You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40yet you refuse to come to Me to have life?"

Old 08-30-2017, 02:04 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
As in "39You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40yet you refuse to come to Me to have life?"
Ba Da Boom! Their Spirit is the words "written in ink" in a book. Our Spirit abides with us as the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

Last edited by MysticPhD; 08-30-2017 at 02:22 PM..

Old 08-30-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The scriptures burn in the hearts of folk when they are spoken in the Spirit(they are not Spirit of its own) and understood for what they are, a testimony of who Jesus Christ is. There is ample proof from what Jesus said to totally dismiss your beliefs about the scriptures being one and the same as the Spirit and the one the one the Spirit testifies of BY the scriptures. He repeatedly said he spoke what the Father gave him, you obviously think Father means the scriptures, which is ridiculous.

Again, reading comprehension difficulties aside, try to hear me. The Spirit of the Word, IS THE WORD, they are one and the same. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with (as in, IN G-d, joined as a man and his wife are two yet one), and the Word WAS G-d (because the Head defines the body), and that Word is His breath, which is Spirit, because HE is a Spirit.

Which is why it says man shall not live or have life by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of G-d. What proceeds from His mouth, is Spirit and Truth. The Spirit Seed Son proceeded from His mouth (not the "mouth" you're thinking about, either), as did the scriptures that testified of Him.

The problem is, you think a testimony is talking ABOUT someone, but in this case, the testimony (Hebrew word also means, "a prince") IS that someone. That's why the overcomers overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their TESTIMONY. Their testimony begins with "they loved not their own lives unto death", and ends with, HIM AS THEIR TESTIMONY, the Word, made flesh, IN THEM. In other words, HE ARISES/RESURRECTS UP OUT OF THEM, no longer dead letter (as in faith without works and works without faith), but LIVING WORD.

Now just HOW, do you get the blood of the Lamb, except it be slain, smitten as the Rock was smitten to reveal the living water inside? It must be appropriated and applied, "smiteing" each of the composite Rock(s)/scriptures to reveal the blood inside, just as the blood is in the natural witness, the human bones. Obviously, ignoring the scriptures makes this impossible to "glean" the blood out of them and apply it to your lintel and door posts (heart and walk, faith and works), which is why we have all kinds of people in the body that have not appropriated the blood for themselves (because to acquire it, you first have to overcome the letter, ie. fulfill it though obedience to it), trying to gloss over the sin in the body by applying their own "blood" as a covering, through their own faith and works. But there is no other name/nature by which we must be saved, spirit, soul, and body.

And BTW; this is why not a bone of His was broken, because 1) they didn't have the legal right (yet) because the covenant was not yet in effect without the necessary blood being taken to the Father, and 2) they didn't bring fruit meet for repentance, ie. a contrite heart and a humble spirit, and 3) He didn't come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it. Repentance simply means you change your mind, and to be TRULY humble is to lay down EVERYTHING that YOU think, to take on what He thinks. Without those 2 things, admittance to the kingdom is withheld, just as it was in the days of Noah, as He said it would be. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 08-30-2017 at 02:39 PM..

Old 08-30-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Now now, you are being fair by saying this. Show me where I have rejected the scriptures... Exactly you can't you will find me saying they are not what you say they are, infallible and inerrant. Huge difference and you are intelligent enough to know this too. So how you can say "peace" knowing this is quite odd to say the least.

Easy. I'm not speaking to your flesh when I say, "Peace". Peace

Old 08-30-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ba Da Boom! Their Spirit is the words "written in ink" in a book. Our Spirit abides with us as the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

You're reading comprehension is sorely lacking, also. Read it again....Peace

Old 08-30-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

Except for the fact that the Pharisees depended on the law to give them SALAVATION. I don't claim that, and you know it. You are being deliberately disingenuous, I believe. Peace

Old 08-30-2017, 02:29 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Again, reading comprehension difficulties aside, try to hear me. The Spirit of the Word, IS THE WORD, they are one and the same. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with (as in, IN G-d, joined as a man and his wife are two yet one), and the Word WAS G-d (because the Head defines the body), and that Word is His breath, which is Spirit, because HE is a Spirit.
God IS a Spirit and IS the Word, NOT the Bible or any other writing by men. Jesus IS the embodiment of the Word in a human consciousness, NOT the Law or the words "written in ink."

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The Word was made FLESH, NOT a BOOK!!!

Old 08-30-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God IS a Spirit and IS the Word, NOT the Bible or any other writing by men. Jesus IS the embodiment of the Word in a human consciousness, NOT the Law or the words "written in ink."

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The Word was made FLESH, NOT a BOOK!!!

Sorry, but you're still deaf to what I'm saying. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity