Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 08:53 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
Homosexuality is a sin so heinous GOD destroyed an entire city due to it, is another thing all together. Sure they were rapists also, not just homosexuals but homosexuality is so condemned anyhow. And Rape occurs all over the place but only cities Sodom & Gomorrah were entirely destroyed over these homosexual rapists. Allowing only Gods own to escape. This is the only example of homsoexuality in scripture and it is linking them to being rapists. That is because that is pretty much how they got that way in the first place. A homosexual rapist got to them to groom them into what they are. A study on the word effeminate will explain this
So my lesbian friend is homosexual because she was raped? Considering she's a virgin (that means she's never had sex), that's pretty fascinating. How about Christian LGBT activist Matthew Vines (another virgin, also celibate)? Was he raped, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 09:12 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,805,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
17"For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

Jesus answered,
“Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”…

24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

Ten Horns to speak blasphemy against the Most High.
And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

They will seek the Death of the Cross but will not find it.
strength in forgiveness
And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
And what is the desire of a woman?
And to your husband will be your desire

Old 10-24-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post

What the unbelieving world does to persecute her for adhering to Gods laws is expected. It will be offensive to unbelievers. They will not be in unity with her, only the believers will. That is what the unbelievers do. No worries. She took up and carried her cross just fine. Good for her
So if I'm offended by her refusal to keep her oath (Numbers 30:2), and by her refusal to follow the laws of the land she lives in Romans 13:1-2), and for showing no love or mercy to those who wish to be married (Romans 1:31-32), I'm not a believer in your eyes?

Also, about Sodom...Ezekiel 15:49-50

Quote:
"As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "Sodom, your sister and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done. "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. "Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it.
I know what you'll say. "See, they committed abominations! That means GAY!!"

No, no it doesn't.

Inhospitality doesn't mean much in this day and age, to most people. It couldn't be that much of a sin, could it?

Yes, here is why. For the people in that region, there were vast expanses of desert in between towns. For them hospitality or the lack thereof, was literally a life or death situation. Being inhospitable to someone in need was an abomination, because by being inhospitable and denying them food or shelter, you would be effectively sending that person to their death.

But somehow being gay or lesbian is worse, though, to those that believe the way you do. I find that tragic, and sad

Old 10-24-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
So if I'm offended by her refusal to keep her oath (Numbers 30:2), and by her refusal to follow the laws of the land she lives in Romans 13:1-2), and for showing no love or mercy to those who wish to be married (Romans 1:31-32), I'm not a believer in your eyes?

Also, about Sodom...Ezekiel 15:49-50

I know what you'll say. "See, they committed abominations! That means GAY!!"

No, no it doesn't.

Inhospitality doesn't mean much in this day and age, to most people. It couldn't be that much of a sin, could it?

Yes, here is why. For the people in that region, there were vast expanses of desert in between towns. For them hospitality or the lack thereof, was literally a life or death situation. Being inhospitable to someone in need was an abomination, because by being inhospitable and denying them food or shelter, you would be effectively sending that person to their death.

But somehow being gay or lesbian is worse, though, to those that believe the way you do. I find that tragic, and sad
There is no need to be upset.
Unless you have taken the mark.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:22 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
I don't accept.
And the wonderful thing is in your private life you certainly do not have to accept SSM. Your church does not have to accept it, in fact they are allowed to call it a sin all they want. But where it is legal and discrimination laws prohibit discrimination against it you will be required to obey the anti discrimination laws. In Canada SSM is decided by the heads of each church hence the largest Protestant church accepted it immediately, the Catholic Church has not and I think the second largest protestant church had passed a resolution to start accepting it in a couple of years.

One thing that those who reject SSM is that a marriage certificate is simply a government document the exact same as a driver's licence, registration plates or a fishing licence and the sole duty of the clerks issuing that is to assure that the person applying for those licences have the legal rights to do so and are willing and able to pay for them. The clerk does not have to approve either the activity nor the person, their one job is to certify that this person is qualified for the licence under the legal jurisdiction upon which it is being issued. The clerks approval of the person or the activity is not required for him or her to do there duty, they are only certifying that the person meets the legal criteria. You might not like fish or hate the idea of killing fish but if your job includes selling fishing licences being a vegetarian does not mean that people can't get their licence from your office.

So no you do not need to accept it.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:24 AM

21 posts, read 9,978 times
Certainly the gay friends I have would not want anything to do with the church. I could hardly blame them. If I was in the position of being discriminated against (which thankfully I'm not), I would avoid church and Christians completely. They way they attack homosexuals seems obsessive.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And the wonderful thing is in your private life you certainly do not have to accept SSM. Your church does not have to accept it, in fact they are allowed to call it a sin all they want. But where it is legal and discrimination laws prohibit discrimination against it you will be required to obey the anti discrimination laws. In Canada SSM is decided by the heads of each church hence the largest Protestant church accepted it immediately, the Catholic Church has not and I think the second largest protestant church had passed a resolution to start accepting it in a couple of years.

One thing that those who reject SSM is that a marriage certificate is simply a government document the exact same as a driver's licence, registration plates or a fishing licence and the sole duty of the clerks issuing that is to assure that the person applying for those licences have the legal rights to do so and are willing and able to pay for them. The clerk does not have to approve either the activity nor the person, their one job is to certify that this person is qualified for the licence under the legal jurisdiction upon which it is being issued. The clerks approval of the person or the activity is not required for him or her to do there duty, they are only certifying that the person meets the legal criteria. You might not like fish or hate the idea of killing fish but if your job includes selling fishing licences being a vegetarian does not mean that people can't get their licence from your office.

So no you do not need to accept it.
Wrong,
there is no discrimination where the line is drawn in the definition of Marriage.
Nothing even remotely legal about persecuting people for adhering to the definition of marriage only being between male, and female.

…The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, But the mouth of the wicked conceals violence. Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions. On the lips of the discerning, wisdom is found, But a rod is for the back of him who lacks understanding.…

Old 10-24-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm an atheist though so I don't have the expectation that anyone would have my back the way Christians believe God does. I wonder how those people who did quit are making out these days.
You better believe I do.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon-guy View Post
Certainly the gay friends I have would not want anything to do with the church. I could hardly blame them. If I was in the position of being discriminated against (which thankfully I'm not), I would avoid church and Christians completely. They way they attack homosexuals seems obsessive.
slander

Old 10-24-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
17"For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

Jesus answered,
“Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”…

24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

Ten Horns to speak blasphemy against the Most High.
And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

They will seek the Death of the Cross but will not find it.
strength in forgiveness
And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
…The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, But the mouth of the wicked conceals violence. Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions. On the lips of the discerning, wisdom is found, But a rod is for the back of him who lacks understanding.…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity