Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 05:15 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
You are misunderstanding the U.S legal system.
The judicial branch has no jurisdiction to enforce the ruling.
No discrimination ever occurred.

Do you see now by what i mean by treason.

Kim Davis is actually the ones whos rights were diminished.
No I don't see it that way. What rights did Kim Davis have diminished?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 05:17 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
No I don't see it that way. What rights did Kim Davis have diminished?
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/civil_rights

Old 10-23-2017, 05:22 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
I looked it over and I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:36 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,632,742 times
Quote:
You have outright just ignored the facts.

And as for every reader here to see.
The facts were very clearly laid out for discussion.

You know where it is heading because it is an unlawful ruling of an annex in the first place.
Marriage is between a man and a woman. And there is no argument period.
Marriage used to be between a man and a woman. Laws change; now this one has.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I looked it over and I'm not sure what you are getting at.
Simply, she invoked her religious right, and was jailed for contempt.
The very same Law that protects against religious persecution(discrimination).

And This only occurred after she was ordered by the Executive branch to issue the license.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Marriage used to be between a man and a woman. Laws change; now this one has.
Only for the Lawless and those that swear an oath of allegiance.
Welcome to the Mark of the Beast era.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Actually we are to judge each other as believers to hold each other accountable.

John 7:24
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment .

-We are told that we should judge a person by using righteous judgment. What is righteous judgment?
No man is righteous, but God is righteous. So if we are to judge another person we are to use righteous judgment and not our own thoughts and ideas. We are to use the word of God as a measuring stick to tell right from wrong!

Matthew 7:1-5
7 “Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged. 2 For with whatever judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but don’t consider the beam that is in your own eye? 4 Or how will you tell your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye;’ and behold, the beam is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.

-But when judging others, make sure you examine yourself 1st. Cant be a thief and judging someone else for adultery. It is the way you go about it as well, so instead of screaming condemnation at them, you can say the bible says you should not live in adultery (Exodus 20:14), you are atleast showing them the standards they can compare against according to scriptures.

Luke 12:57
57 Why don’t you judge for yourselves what is right?

-We are to judge what is right, so in order to determine what is right we need to look into God's word and weight the deeds and actions against God's Word. We are not to determine by our own knowledge but refer to the Bible.

1 Corinthians 10:15
15 I speak as to wise men. Judge what I say.

-Paul is telling us to judge what he is saying. If we are not to judge then this verse would not make any sense.
Great. And so, why is it that Kim Davis' adultery is ignored, while the gay couple seeking to marry are judged? Which party claims to be a Christian?

Old 10-23-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Great. And so, why is it that Kim Davis' adultery is ignored, while the gay couple seeking to marry are judged? Which party claims to be a Christian?
The right hand of falseness is going to die.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
You are not focusing.
Discipline in understanding a foundation of truth first.
Marriage is between a man and woman.

So why was same sex union even considered?
It really seems that you do not understand the difference between the law and your own religious beliefs.

You are welcome to view marriage however you see fit. However, your views are not legally binding.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
It really seems that you do not understand the difference between the law and your own religious beliefs.

You are welcome to view marriage however you see fit. However, your views are not legally binding.
Oh, . i wasnt trained to wrestle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity