Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 02:27 PM

919 posts, read 610,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Those who know embellishing someone's remark is dishonest.

Those who judge from ignorance without knowing all the facts.

C.S Lewis said as a new Christian it bothered him for God to seem to need constant adoration and worship. Then he realized it was through our adoration and worship of God, that God became more real to him. What God require of man is good for man.

You have no evidence to support you view, which may be true in some cases, but not necessarily in all cases.

You haven't established anything but an opinion. God telling us what we will be judged for helps us avoid the consequences of sin. That is the loving thing to do. Did you tell your children not to touch a hot stove or let them find out for themselves?

Vengeance properly applied is not motivated by hate and fear. God certainly does not hate anyone and who is He afraid of?

If raping a young girl and burring her alive doe not make you mad, you have a twisted sense of right and wrong.

When you show where God approves of that conduct in His teachings, get back to me.

Moderator cut: Portion with the missing quote tag removed.

I admit some of what God required the Jews to do is impossible to defend. The Christian must start with "My ways are not y our ways and My ways are higher than your way." God is perfect in all His ways and man is as you say, is beyond our comprehension. We must have the Bibles description of God: loving, compassionate and perfect in all His ways, especially when we do not have all the facts.

When Job was calling God unfair, God said, "will you condemn God to justify your self.?" Imperfect man should never judge God. Either love Him or forget Him.

What men wrote was inspired by God. We cant call it dark unless we have all the facts and we don't
Is their some sort of award for the most outrageous apologist, who defends the indefensible by offering the most ludicrous excuses for a psychopathic God?

As many of us have repeated ad infinitum, we know enough facts to deem that the Judaeo-Christian God is an evil, inept, psychopathic imbecile who is best avoided.

If 'God' wished to prove his existence, he'd make regular appearances, rather than relying on a loony tunes contradictory, illogical book that would have us believe that he's inept, angry, vain, jealous, judgemental, unforgiving & psychopathic.

Your 5th paragraph is twisted logic at it's best & not worthy of a response.

According to most Christians, God hates homosexuals (Yet accepts & tolerates pedophile clergy)
According to your Bible, God fears us worshiping other Gods (You really should read the fairy tale again, not just the good bits that suit your argument)

Rape & murder is appalling. It disgusts me. But why get mad? If I had my way I'd castrate pedophiles & rapists & take repeat offenders out back & put a bullet in their heads. But hey, that's me.
According to your Bible, God doesn't consider rape a big deal at all. Not only does he encourage raping the vanquished, he reckons that amongst 'his' people, rapists should marry their victims after paying a few shekels to the victims father.
If you think that encouraging rape is reasonable, then you need to see a psychiatrist immediately.

If the Bible was 'inspired by God', then why the need to constantly change the book? There's over 14,800 changes between the 1st Bible & the KJV alone. Did God keep changing his mind? Is he afflicted with Alzheimers? Or is he just a doddering old fool who enjoys confusion?

Desiring to understand the true nature of the Divine is judgemental in your ignorant opinion?
It took many years to ignore the fear that had been instilled in me from birth by my religious parents. Facing my indoctrination was the hardest thing I've ever done. Breaking free from the childish, illogical & evil Doctrine of Fear was the best thing I've ever done.
I'm beholden to no-one but myself. I don't require threats to try & be a better person.
As the Mystics of Old advised 'Learn deeply of the mind & it's mystery, for therein lies the true secret of immortality'. Or more simply put, as was written above the entrance to the Mystery Schools (Yes, just like the one the Rabbi attended) 'Know thyself'.
You should try it yourself sometime & you might even learn how to think for yourself (Now there's a novel idea) The truth really does set you free.

'Either love him or forget him'? hahaha What a typical brainwashed response.
'God' does not require adoration nor recognition for that matter (Why? Because He/She isn't really a vain, insecure psychopath, despite what you think)
But if they were the only two options, your Christian 'God' is not worth knowing (because he's an imperfect, evil, illogical, inept psychopath) & it'd be safer & healthier to avoid him entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 04:23 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Is their some sort of award for the most outrageous apologist, who defends the indefensible by offering the most ludicrous excuses for a psychopathic God?
can you show me that this psychopathic god exists?

Old 12-03-2017, 04:25 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That is NOT what scripture says and you know it. You are unwilling to look at what was really happening. These people were pure evil.
In the minds of the Nazi's the Jews were pure evil and were the source of all woe for Christians and the aryan race. So the Nazi's made the decision to simply eliminate all Jews, Gypsies, and those who were physically or mentally disabled, for the good of the nation. Because these people were considered inferior. Evil and right and wrong, you see, are opinions which are not always shared by all. Especially those on the receiving end.

And I should point out that the Nazi's, who lost, are overwhelmingly considered the gold standard of pure evil by most people today. Except of course for the neo-Nazi's, who still consider Jews to be evil. Along with black people and brown people, and, well, anyone else that they consider to be inferior to themselves.

Hatred too often manifests itself in violence against those who are perceived to be different, and therefore inferior. But we are ALL different in some ways. It's just a matter of whose eyes one is looking through.

If you can justify slaughtering helpless women and children and babies because someone tells you that God has commanded it, then you are a perfect candidate to strap on a on a bomb and detonate it in a crowded place. Or to fly airplanes into buildings. And this is why religion is so dangerous. Because there are far too many people who are long on zealotry, and short on intelligence.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
In the minds of the Nazi's the Jews were pure evil and were the source of all woe for Christians and the aryan race. So the Nazi's made the decision to simply eliminate all Jews, Gypsies, and those who were physically or mentally disabled, for the good of the nation. Because these people were considered inferior. Evil and right and wrong, you see, are opinions which are not always shared by all. Especially those on the receiving end.

And I should point out that the Nazi's, who lost, are overwhelmingly considered the gold standard of pure evil by most people today. Except of course for the neo-Nazi's, who still consider Jews to be evil. Along with black people and brown people, and, well, anyone else that they consider to be inferior to themselves.

Hatred too often manifests itself in violence against those who are perceived to be different, and therefore inferior. But we are ALL different in some ways. It's just a matter of whose eyes one is looking through.

If you can justify slaughtering helpless women and children and babies because someone tells you that God has commanded it, then you are a perfect candidate to strap on a on a bomb and detonate it in a crowded place. Or to fly airplanes into buildings. And this is why religion is so dangerous. Because there are far too many people who are long on zealotry, and short on intelligence.
Exactly.

It's why I fight fundies. Their narrow, black & white, bigoted worldview is a danger to society.

Too soon, etc.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:

I get it, this is true. slaughtering people in the name of god is wrong. slaughtering people might not be wrong. its called war. I don't like it any more than you do.

irrational people are dangerous. But you let the people go and blame a religion? why is that? I think blaming religion takes the easy way out.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
The Yahweh Wars and a conquering Messiah?
It never ceases to amaze me - what others think.

You cannot justify a belief based on human violence.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:17 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:

You’ve crossed a line (see bolded). When you resort to personal attack, it’s a sign you have no valid argument. I’m done with you.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Yahweh Wars and a conquering Messiah?
It never ceases to amaze me - what others think.

You cannot justify a belief based on human violence.
yup. Love, compassion, and understanding is the base. For me. When a soldier can defend these, without malice, he becomes a warrior. Not all people are warriors, we have teachers, and sages too, along with many other human sects of humans.

"defender of "christ', as a metaphor, its ok. We conquer ignorance with teaching. Killing in the name of god is wrong, either your god is wrong or my god is right. same contents in a different doggie bags.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You’ve crossed a line (see bolded). When you resort to personal attack, it’s a sign you have no valid argument. I’m done with you.
you, like them, look for a away out when it gets challenging. lmao, I get shunned by both sides, how cool is that.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
If you can justify slaughtering helpless women and children and babies because someone tells you that God has commanded it, then you are a perfect candidate to strap on a on a bomb and detonate it in a crowded place.
There is more truth in that statement, then most realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity