Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2018, 09:55 PM

88,732 posts, read 85,080,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You give the Spirit no credit.
Au contraire, I give the Spirit ALL the credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 10:35 PM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
For a Christian, Jesus fully described and fully embodied and demonstrated the Holy spirit who IS God and that Spirit IS agape love for all, even His torturers and murderers. Read 1Cor 13, the Sermon on the Mount and Galatians 5 for those descriptions of the Spirit we are to use to test the spirit of everything claimed to be from God or Jesus. If you did that you would see and reject the many contradictions and inconsistencies in the "precepts and doctrines of men" you currently accept. No one is making up a God, we are following the God revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. You are following the one made up by the inconsistent and contradictory "precepts and doctrines of men."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
What are you talking about?
Do you even know the poster you are addressing?
Yeesh, put the script down and read the Holy Scriptures.
How ungrateful is a generation that has the Word to read for themselves in the private comfort of their own home?
What happened mysthic.
Who offended you?
Speak up, and reconcile the matter.
I love you, pinacled, and I respect your love for God, but I really do not understand most of your posts or questions, this one included.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:38 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Quote:
You give the Spirit no credit.
"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." ~ Jesus

It just not the Holy Spirit.

They scoff at Jesus for assurances that the disciples will be reminded of everything Jesus said ... not just "what struck them most".

Old 03-07-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Au contraire, I give the Spirit ALL the credit.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:51 PM

88,732 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
I love you, pinacled, and I respect your love for God, but I really do not understand most of your posts or questions, this one included.
You're a better person than I, Mystic. That poster said some extremely vile things to me about my only child's illness, and I still have a hard time forgiving him for it.

I need a bit more work.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
For a Christian, Jesus fully described and fully embodied and demonstrated the Holy spirit who IS God and that Spirit IS agape love for all, even His torturers and murderers. Read 1Cor 13, the Sermon on the Mount and Galatians 5 for those descriptions of the Spirit we are to use to test the spirit of everything claimed to be from God or Jesus. If you did that you would see and reject the many contradictions and inconsistencies in the "precepts and doctrines of men" you currently accept. No one is making up a God, we are following the God revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. You are following the one made up by the inconsistent and contradictory "precepts and doctrines of men."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
You cannot test the spirits without the Bible. Else it is based on your own understanding.
We ARE using the parts of the Bible that are compatible and consistent with the true nature of God as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He smote no one and loved even His torturers and murderers. You accept the ancient ignorance (blind minds) of the OT descriptions of God and reject the God revealed by Jesus because to you the Bible is more important than Jesus. But the Bible tells us that it is Jesus as the Comforter sent in His name who abides with us and will guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" NOT the words "written in ink" in the Bible.

John 16:7-14 King James Version (KJV)
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)
27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)
2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Quote:
Jesus believed in the Scriptures and quoted it often. Yet you feel morally superior and know better than Jesus?
An outrageous accusation since I quote the sources of Christ's teachings.

Quote:
No, you’re not. You do NOT accept all the words attributed to Jesus in scripture.
You misidentify what is scripture and what are the words of men "written in ink" because you ignore the Comforter, our guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
The way you speak about Scripture of yesteryears+++ You somehow interpret them to suit your OWN interpretations and obviously NOT EVOLVED since thousands of years ago! It's no different than ISSIL, who uses some scriptures from Koran to JUSTIFY their EXTREME/Mis-respresentation to suit their agenda!
In essence you are no different than ISSIL, who interpret's Koran of thousands of years ago and GUESS what that suggests??? EXTREME/Unevolved/Living in the PAST and ONLY wanted to HOLD those who refuse to BOW DOWN to HUMAN's by their edicts.. GET Butchered for NOT SUCCUMBING... Kind of describes Extreme Religiosities EXPOSED for past many years YEP.. EXIST'S in USA ++! !
This personal attack accusing me of being like ISIL is so over the top and indicates you have no clue about me or my views. It is beneath contempt and unworthy of any response.
Quote:
It's abundantly clear extremists always cherry pick chapters adverse to spread their divisive/ judgement absolutism that from readings. JESUS threw all that out the window.. and preached to being open to change and evole and accept others etc etc..
Reading some absolutists ..even is 21st Century kind makes me shutter.. because they somehow never evolved nor adapted as Jesus taught us to do ... Just maybe, enough of those > who are so intolerant of evolvement .. will Die off.. because, today, younger generations are NOT kissing their rings to continue such Clap Trap !!
If you had the slightest clue about my views you would know that they are far more evolved than anything currently using the ancient ignorance of the past to interpret Christ.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:49 AM

1,183 posts, read 539,324 times
Quote:
We ARE using the parts of the Bible that are compatible and consistent with the true nature of God as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He smote no one and loved even His torturers and murderers. You accept the ancient ignorance (blind minds) of the OT descriptions of God and reject the God revealed by Jesus because to you the Bible is more important than Jesus. But the Bible tells us that it is Jesus as the Comforter sent in His name who abides with us and will guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" NOT the words "written in ink" in the Bible.

John 16:7-14 King James Version (KJV)
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)
27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)
2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

An outrageous accusation since I quote the sources of Christ's teachings.

You misidentify what is scripture and what are the words of men "written in ink" because you ignore the Comforter, our guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

This personal attack accusing me of being like ISIL is so over the top and indicates you have no clue about me or my views. It is beneath contempt and unworthy of any response. If you had the slightest clue about my views you would know that they are far more evolved than anything currently using the ancient ignorance of the past to interpret Christ.
Ok I get it. You made up a religion that uses just parts of the Bible you like and reject the rest. Does your religion use a bit of Gnosticism to fill in the gaps?

With your highly evolved views (your words) going to save you or do you feel no one needs to be saved? And when Jesus quotes the Old Testament do you accept that part or just ignore it?

Old 03-08-2018, 04:05 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Quote:
You say it is the Holy Spirit talking to you? How do you know? Does He agree with the Scriptures (test the spirits)? If yes, why don’t you agree? And if no, well...uh oh.

Basically, you make up a god depending who is whispering to you and on your feelings? That’s pretty convenient. I have heard similar talk about others who write about marriage. Marry whomever or whatever, the whispers says it’s all good
And there it is: you don't believe the promise in the book you claim as authority, so you claim the authority of a book that has been the subject of debate concerning its meaning and application for 2,000 years because you understand it instead of all those other people.
Which perception makes more sense, one that is based on a promise you claim is authoritative by being in the book and on the description of the nature of that authority you find in that book, or all the things in the book that contradict that authority?

Seriously?

Old 03-08-2018, 04:13 AM

1,183 posts, read 539,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And there it is: you don't believe the promise in the book you claim as authority, so you claim the authority of a book that has been the subject of debate concerning its meaning and application for 2,000 years because you understand it instead of all those other people.
Which perception makes more sense, one that is based on a promise you claim is authoritative by being in the book and on the description of the nature of that authority you find in that book, or all the things in the book that contradict that authority?

Seriously?
Lol. Now that is some far out sentence structure. So, let me help you. You believe in God and you get your belief from the Bible that you don’t believe in. And you wonder why people gove you a hard time

Old 03-08-2018, 04:20 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Quote:
Lol. Now that is some far out sentence structure. So, let me help you. You believe in God and you get your belief from the Bible that you don’t believe in. And you wonder why people gove you a hard time
Let me tell you again. I believe in God and I believe in Jesus' promise of the Spirit you may also find there. The difference is that it is confirmed to me by the Spirit as witnessed by the characteristics of that Spirit which you seem not to have encountered. That Spirit and the characteristics of that Spirit contradict some of what is ALSO in the Bible, so I do not accept the Bible AS authority that was promised FOR the Spirit. THAT character is consistent and trustworthy while the Bible is not, as witnessed by all the controversies concerning its meaning which you ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity