Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 11:57 PM

11,033 posts, read 5,993,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://churchpop.com/2019/03/01/isi..._hsmi=70406500

ISIS Brutality Drove These Muslims to Christian Conversion: “Their God is Not My God”
ISIS to me represents the damage that religion can do to mankind.

We just had a ***head massacre a number of innocent people, including women and children, out of some .... I don't know what. A disgrace to humanity is all I can say. And in my peaceful country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 12:20 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
ISIS to me represents the damage that religion can do to mankind.

We just had a ***head massacre a number of innocent people, including women and children, out of some .... I don't know what. A disgrace to humanity is all I can say. And in my peaceful country!
Some crazies will always use religion to do evil in it's name for their own benefit----whatever that is. But don't through the baby out with the bath water.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:28 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
https://www.samaritanspurse.org/arti...dnLWkx3um0By9g

Emergency Field Hospital Opens, Expanding Medical Care in Mozambique

Samaritan’s Purse medical staff is meeting physical and spiritual needs in devastated Buzi.

Missionaries bring more than religion to the people.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:15 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,369 times
Quote:
Whole Christian villages wiped out, media silent - Metro Voice News

"Another week. Hundreds more dead and wounded Christians lay in villages in Nigeria while the world sleeps. Brothers and sisters in Christ were the target of yet more bloody attacks in the last seven days as Boko Haram terrorists captured the town of Michika in Nigeria’s far eastern state of Adamawa.

It was a scorched earth attack with little left standing and few people left alive.This time, however, the terrorists exchanging fire with government troops but the response was not enough to save families.

According to an op-ed in the Washington Examiner by journalist Douglas Burton, the attack continued for hours with an unknown number of casualties, although initial reports mentioned: “scores killed.” Burton is a member of the advisory board for Save the Persecuted Christians (STPC), which advocates on behalf of more than 300 million persecuted Christians around the globe."

So sad no reporting of this in our media.
If a story is not of benefit to the US military-industrial complex, so as to justify military incursion, then its ignored.

It didn't happen.

Why the shock and surprise? American bureaucracy doesn't care. Didn't you know that?

American media, owned by six major corporations and heavily influenced by the intelligence community, peddles its tabloid trash to an American public that is increasingly gullible and incapable of independent thinking.

It's been known for years that the current population gets its information from bits of flashing light on TV, computer screens and game consoles. Its even taught in schools. Every kid who can work his or her fingers on a keyboard, beginning at pre-school ages, are taught to use the technology. I've personally watched pre-school kids chew on mouse cords as they gaze with dazed eyes into a monitor screen. Instead of working with real objects in a real world they are taught to play with entertaining images.

This hypnotic diet is force fed to us from the time we awake until the last hour of the day. Nothing that happens beyond the boundaries of this form of information exists for us.

Therefore stories about American war crimes, murder of innocent Christians, or atrocities perpetuated against Jews - never happen. If it isn't in the news it didn't happen.

The solution has also been known for years. Throw away the computer screens, shut off the TV, and refuse the use of computer games. But that isn't going to happen is it?

Meanwhile real people suffer and die - while Americans play games, feast on TV lies and have no idea at all what's happening to them.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 04-07-2019 at 07:26 AM..

Old 04-07-2019, 07:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I don’t see it as moral or immoral to convert Africans
Its obvious that you don't, but Jesus did and instructed His followers to spread the Gospel.

Quote:
I see that if people are killed for being christians then perhaps missionaries should have been warning them of the possibility.
How do you know they didn't? Jesus did, and His followers knew it better than anyone.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Of course. Know a missionary couple who lived in the Congo/Zaire for 30+ years. They were doctors, and gave medical care to countless people.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-07-2019 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Old 04-07-2019, 08:49 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Of course. Know a missionary couple who lived in the Congo/Zaire for 30+ years. They were doctors, and gave medical care to countless people.

Medical care? Keeping people out of heaven....

didn't prayer work?

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-07-2019 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag

Old 04-07-2019, 08:53 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Whole indigenous communities and cultures in dozens of countries have been virtually - and in some cases literally - wiped out in the past 150 years - "thanks" to missionaries. Who, along with bringing "god" to the godless, bring disease and corruption.

The media wasn't just silent. It was complicit. Religionists have blood on their hands which won't wash away.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:33 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Would be best if different religions could live together peacefully. We do here, but Muslims cannot convert or they will be killed. Killing Christians won't take care if that is the problem. Many Muslims are converting anyway.
There's a woman in my church who is from Ghana, and she said that where she comes from, there is no conflict between Muslims and Christians. She says sometimes the Christians decide to fast in daylight during Ramadan, although their motivation might be to lose weight, but some of them do it along with their coworkers. She also said that in Ghana, Christians still observe the entire Christmas season and so there are parties all the time from Christmas to Epiphany, and their Muslim neighbors and friends are invited and join them.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:22 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There's a woman in my church who is from Ghana, and she said that where she comes from, there is no conflict between Muslims and Christians. She says sometimes the Christians decide to fast in daylight during Ramadan, although their motivation might be to lose weight, but some of them do it along with their coworkers. She also said that in Ghana, Christians still observe the entire Christmas season and so there are parties all the time from Christmas to Epiphany, and their Muslim neighbors and friends are invited and join them.
A block party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity