Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 12:42 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times

Advertisements

Religions provide haters another excuse to hate. If seems the more fundamentalist a believer is the more hatred there is. By fundamentalist I am not referring to those who call themselves Bible Believers but those who think that all religions other than theirs is false and that n9n religious ideas must be wrong if it doesn't support their religion. Religious and secularism were must more tolerant in Muslim counties less than half a century ago but much less when fundamentalism spread.

Killing because of different religion is no different than killing for being a different race or different ethnic group. Haters spread lies and distrust among their own group towards the other and soon the most full with hate or fear attack those of a different religion/race/ethnicity or language. Religion is simply being used to spread hate.

The events following the breakup if the former Yugoslavia shows that few groups are immune to this. The history of Jews living in the Arab world prior to 1948, the attacks on mosques are 9ther bits of evidence.

Every time a person of one religion/rave or ethnicity puts out blanket hostile words against one other they are contributing to this building up. Don't accept hate speech and don't deem your religion or race or nation vastly superior and the other as less human.

Religion is being used as a conduit for hatred. Christians have been victims and they have been the guilty parties in these conflicts.

SING IT!!!

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 04-07-2019 at 06:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 10:49 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its obvious that you don't, but Jesus did and instructed His followers to spread the Gospel.

How do you know they didn't? Jesus did, and His followers knew it better than anyone.
Had you said His DISCIPLES knew it better than anyone, that would be explicitly true. But He didn't warn all His followers, just the disciples.

Speaking directly to the disciples:
Quote:
“I am sending you out like sheep surrounded by wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. Beware of people, because they will hand you over to councils and flog you… Whenever they hand you over for trial, do not worry about how to speak or what to say, for what you should say will be given to you… it is not you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.”
And He warned of them being flogged, not murdered, although the latter may have occurred--ACCORDING TO ORAL TRADITION.

Quote:
“The time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing God a service”
(John 16:2)
I've only heard of Christians wanting to kill those of other religions, or gays, or liberals, and most recently, atheists.

Quote:
“Ashley John Appoo, 40, pleaded guilty in a court in Brisbane, Australia, to the manslaughter death of John Leslie McDonald, and to cause grievous bodily harm to McDonald’s wife, Alois, during an ax attack in November 2001. Appoo, a hitchhiker whom McDonald picked up and befriended, went berserk when Ms. McDonald mentioned they were atheists. Described as a “proud Christian whose bible was one of his most precious possessions,” Appoo grabbed an ax and began attacking the couple. Source: Daily Telegraph, Dec. 23, 2004″

“On October 18, 2004, Arthur Shelton, a self described Christian and Eagle Scout, murdered his friend and roommate, Larry Hooper, because Hooper didn’t believe in God.”
[The above came as a response from an atheist whom a Christian writer e-mailed because the atheist claimed Christians were killing atheists.]
---------------------
Back to the murdered atheists. Who the hell are we to kill someone just because they do not believe. This makes me mad and we have seen above how God feels. He has no pleasure. God does not smile. You have gave Him no pleasure. These impostors will have to stand before the Lord and give account of themselves. And the worst of it all is that some of you are more offended over me saying “hell” than over these two men killed. Repent. Change your way of thinking. Turn to Jesus and love your neighbor as yourself. For believe me, if you hate your neighbor you are not saved no matter how many times you walk that aisle and shed a few tears.

Atheist are not our enemies. Not gays. Not unbelievers.
http://ipost.christianpost.com/post/...-atheist-today
The writer of the article, Wayne Brooks, has a blog that covers more of this: http://www.marketplacechristian.blog...ist-today.html

Or how about a very recent incident reported by a Nigerian refugee who tells the story of being beaten by Christians in his own country because He is gay. He bears bodily scars from his trauma. He managed to get to the U.S. where he asked for asylum. Of course, with he was detained by a paranoid immigration service. Held for five months in a detention center, he wrote of his treatment by American detention staff:
Quote:
Those guards in the detention center, they are not well trained. These sorts of people, they treat you badly. Everybody in the detention center, they are treating you like garbage. That was the only place in my life that I couldn’t be free, because a lot of the same stigma I would suffer in my own country [as] what these people perpetrate in the detention center. I suffered isolation, anxiety, fear of what would happen next.
https://www.thenation.com/article/ed...igrant-voices/

A judge finally heard his case and granted him immediate asylum.

Religion can be a persecutor as well as being persecuted.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 04-07-2019 at 11:20 PM..

Old 04-08-2019, 05:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
"In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted."

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

"Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man"

"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Old 04-08-2019, 05:51 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Whole indigenous communities and cultures in dozens of countries have been virtually - and in some cases literally - wiped out in the past 150 years - "thanks" to missionaries. Who, along with bringing "god" to the godless, bring disease and corruption.

The media wasn't just silent. It was complicit. Religionists have blood on their hands which won't wash away.
Name ONE instance.

Lies and innuendo multiply in an atmosphere of blind accusation. YOU have no evidence to back up your statement except that of bias and religious bigotry.

In Africa, for instance, the culture demands limited resources be given to the oldest in the family. Food and water are then distributed to each successive generation in turn - the son and daughter of the elder being next. The last to get food is the child and the baby if there's anything at all left. That is African culture.

Missionaries entered the mix and taught the reverse. How is it wrong to reverse a destructive culture and feed the baby first, the child next, mom & dad next and the old folks last?

It is very difficult for missionaries to reverse this destructive cultural trend.

Missionary organizations usually pitch donations on TV and show photos of dying babies and children, but without being FIRST taught the gospel of Jesus Christ the African community resists the offer of food to children. Grandpa and Grandma still get the food first and the babies still die. TV ads for donations to organizations that don't put Jesus first are false. They don't show what really happens to the food among people who do not follow Christ.

I know this is true. I've been to Africa - twice. How many times have you set foot on the dusty savannah of Africa? How many times have you talked to the people face to face? You know nothing, but you spew ignorant rubbish anyway.

I know something of the difficulties of missionaries. I've talked to a few about the problems they face. Missionary organizations are basically bureaucracies with only one object - gather money. They care little for the people. The missionary, the one who is on the ground and in the dirt and who knows the names and faces of people who suffer - DO CARE for the people. Pea brained people who know nothing of the situation and care less - sit in their closets, peck on their computer keyboards and vomit their hatred without an iota of understanding or mercy. Of all the people on earth they are the most wicked for they do nothing except criticize Jesus and good works.

I was in East Africa during two cholera epidemics. I've seen the dead from this disease. It isn't pretty.

Such disease sweeps across the continent every year or so. There are vaccines available in mission organization warehouses, but are NOT released until money has been raised to replace it. Meanwhile Africans die and missionaries try valiantly to beg borrow or steal medication from any source they can find. Usually their own personal money is involved. How is this wrong? I've been there. I've seen it. I know this to be true. If I'm wrong, teach me, I'd like to know. But I don't think you will because such a thing is beyond your capacity.

YOU are not fit to condemn missionaries who spread the gospel and health and well being. YOU aren't even in their class. YOU are only interested in promoting your own brand of hate. YOU have done nothing at all to help. If you are so grand and full of integrity, then why aren't you in Africa or some similar place doing something to help? You do not because YOU are a hypocrite - only willing to scoff and lie about the sacrifices and good works of others while doing absolutely nothing yourself. God knows and God will reward you according to your lack of consideration and your multiple lies. Watch and learn pilgrim.

I certainly hope someone reads this and does something personal - if only to acknowledge that good people are in Africa as well as other hardship places on the earth, doing their best for Christ and their brothers and sisters. The wicked, the truly hateful people full of bile and lies, stay at home and criticize their betters.

"A scoffer does not like to be reproved....a scoffer hates one who speaks truth" - Proverbs 15:12

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 04-08-2019 at 06:09 AM..

Old 04-08-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Name ONE instance.

Lies and innuendo multiply in an atmosphere of blind accusation. YOU have no evidence to back up your statement except that of bias and religious bigotry.

In Africa, for instance, the culture demands limited resources be given to the oldest in the family. Food and water are then distributed to each successive generation in turn - the son and daughter of the elder being next. The last to get food is the child and the baby if there's anything at all left. That is African culture.

Missionaries entered the mix and taught the reverse. How is it wrong to reverse a destructive culture and feed the baby first, the child next, mom & dad next and the old folks last?

It is very difficult for missionaries to reverse this destructive cultural trend.

Missionary organizations usually pitch donations on TV and show photos of dying babies and children, but without being FIRST taught the gospel of Jesus Christ the African community resists the offer of food to children. Grandpa and Grandma still get the food first and the babies still die. TV ads for donations to organizations that don't put Jesus first are false. They don't show what really happens to the food among people who do not follow Christ.

I know this is true. I've been to Africa - twice. How many times have you set foot on the dusty savannah of Africa? How many times have you talked to the people face to face? You know nothing, but you spew ignorant rubbish anyway.

I know something of the difficulties of missionaries. I've talked to a few about the problems they face. Missionary organizations are basically bureaucracies with only one object - gather money. They care little for the people. The missionary, the one who is on the ground and in the dirt and who knows the names and faces of people who suffer - DO CARE for the people. Pea brained people who know nothing of the situation and care less - sit in their closets, peck on their computer keyboards and vomit their hatred without an iota of understanding or mercy. Of all the people on earth they are the most wicked for they do nothing except criticize Jesus and good works.

I was in East Africa during two cholera epidemics. I've seen the dead from this disease. It isn't pretty.

Such disease sweeps across the continent every year or so. There are vaccines available in mission organization warehouses, but are NOT released until money has been raised to replace it. Meanwhile Africans die and missionaries try valiantly to beg borrow or steal medication from any source they can find - usually their own personal money is involved. How is this wrong? I've been there. I've seen it. I know this to be true. If I'm wrong, teach me, I'd like to know.

YOU are not fit to condemn missionaries who spread the gospel and health and well being. YOU aren't even in their class. YOU are only interested in promoting your own brand of hate. YOU have done nothing at all to help. If you are so grand and full of integrity, then why aren't you in Africa or some similar place doing something to help? You do not because YOU are a hypocrite - only willing to scoff and lie about the sacrifices and good works of others while doing absolutely nothing yourself. God knows and God will reward you according to your lack of consideration and your multiple lies. Watch and learn pilgrim.

I certainly hope someone reads this and does something personal - if only to acknowledge that good people are in Africa as well as other hardship places on the earth, doing their best for Christ and their brothers and sisters.

"A scoffer does not like to be reproved....a scoffer hates one who speaks truth" - Proverbs 15:12

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....
They can't help it, they just have to rave against Christians at every turn, and it practically defines the term "scoffer".

Old 04-08-2019, 09:28 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They can't help it, they just have to rave against Christians at every turn, and it practically defines the term "scoffer".
Poor fundies. The truth upsets them. Hence the hoisting of their Fundashields Of Determined Ignorance.

Many/most missionaries are spiritual lepers who infect and destroy indigenous people. The more dense among you can holler from your pulpits but that doesn't change the truth of what happened to hundreds of tribes, millions of people, from virtually every country on the planet - thanks to the bringers of your god-thing's "good news."

Old 04-11-2019, 11:30 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
https://photo.samaritanspurse.org/re...VndRdcKvUJwApw

Yep, those dang missionaries, taking trouble everywhere they go with that God thing.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Yep, those dang missionaries, taking trouble everywhere they go with that God thing.
Yea, how dare they infect and destroy all those innocent indigenous people

Old 04-12-2019, 05:43 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Old 04-12-2019, 05:44 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Poor fundies. The truth upsets them. Hence the hoisting of their Fundashields Of Determined Ignorance.

Many/most missionaries are spiritual lepers who infect and destroy indigenous people. The more dense among you can holler from your pulpits but that doesn't change the truth of what happened to hundreds of tribes, millions of people, from virtually every country on the planet - thanks to the bringers of your god-thing's "good news."
You know nothing of truth, but sit on your self-proclaimed pedestal of lies and vomit criticism where it is neither valid nor appropriate.

Do you know any missionaries? Give specifics. I doubt you do because fellowship with such noble folk is unimaginable to you. In all the vomitus exhibited here I note not one single verifiable statement of truth. It's easy to accuse falsely. Does it give you a rush?

Have you ever lived in a place where poverty and warlords and crushing social habit have destroyed any hope of a better life? The only hope such folks have is either death or Christ.

If you have something better to offer, then why don't you do it? It's a common thing for scoffers to falsely accuse those who do good works. You have demonstrated it here as well as your mental inability to grasp the noble causes and motivations of your betters.

Why not reach for something better? Why not work for a better life for others? Your foul words and accusations do nothing either for the impoverished or yourself.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity