Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 06:29 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,758,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
What does a business owner being uncomfortable with a same-sex couple kissing in their business have to do with rights? What does it matter if a Southern business owner was uncomfortable with a black couple even coming into their store 40 years ago?

All that matters is human rights. Period. Your discomfort, or my discomfort, or a business owner's discomfort is irrelevant.

It is relevant to the point that the narrative of most people are perfectly cool with homosexuality is a false one.

Quote:

The bible better tell all those homosexual animal pairs how "unnatrual" they are. I suspect the bible just was not that clear on that.

Well good thing that humans are not animals. You know, I went to visit my folks this weekend. I was bummed out to find that their mommy cat no longer had her kittens around. What happened?? My dad she just took them off somewhere apparently to die and then came back by herself. She seems perfectly happy now. Can you imagine how immoral that would be for a human mom to do that to her children? Animals have no moral sense so it's a terrible comparison.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:46 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,611,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It is relevant to the point that the narrative of most people are perfectly cool with homosexuality is a false one.

Well good thing that humans are not animals. You know, I went to visit my folks this weekend. I was bummed out to find that their mommy cat no longer had her kittens around. What happened?? My dad she just took them off somewhere apparently to die and then came back by herself. She seems perfectly happy now. Can you imagine how immoral that would be for a human mom to do that to her children? Animals have no moral sense so it's a terrible comparison.
You were the one who said that homosexuality was against nature. It's not. Why did Jesus say nothing against it? Why is it not in the 10 Commandments?

Old 09-01-2019, 06:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:

Obviously, you don't know much about human sexuality, anymore than you do cats? But you do make a lot of assumptions about both, just don't be too surprised - when you see the kittens alive and doing well.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:00 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,741,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Many on this forum spread false Christian information. And the only reason that I visit this cesspool of thought and philosophy on this board is that there may be just one person who gives pause. They may realize that perhaps that the Lord is not ok with their sin and serious repercussions may be waiting for them after their death.
yes sir.... yes a very few on here.... do believe this is verse is the ultimate truth. and this thread is proof that this verse is true as are most threads in this place.... just because the world excepts what the worldly do.. doesn' t mean God does or God ever will except their practices.. as if man or God should ordain their practices.

Jhn 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jhn 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Jhn 3:19

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Jhn 3:20

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.( by whom, God? )

Jhn 3:21

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God

I have not figured out if this is saying that they fear God or man more..
what I am most sure of is that like in sodom they hate judgment most of all. becuase true judgment will
stop them from getting what they want..

. even when Lot was just trying to stop them from raping the two angels... They considered it judgement and called Lot down for acting like their "judge..."
no he was just trying to stop them from raping angels..

the point is there is no reasoning with sin.. it is illogical and it is irrational and it is from hell itself and demonic. It is condemned already .. it is of darkness and nothing can change that..
except for repentance and coming to the light and Jesus and the Father's mercies ..

in the meantime darkness likes to pretend it is rational.. because sin wants what it wants when it wants it and uses whatever means it has to get it. Just like they did in Sodom!

Old 09-01-2019, 07:17 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times
Quote:
Many on this forum spread false Christian information. And the only reason that I visit this cesspool of thought and philosophy on this board is that there may be just one person who gives pause. They may realize that perhaps that the Lord is not ok with their sin and serious repercussions may be waiting for them after their death.
This will cause you to gnash your teeth........ God does not give a rats ass about the sin YOU see in another.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
You were the one who said that homosexuality was against nature. It's not. Why did Jesus say nothing against it? Why is it not in the 10 Commandments?
Why would Jesus have to say something about it? Most people knew it was the reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah as well as specifically prohibited in the OT. Why would God call it an abomination if He intended people to be gay? Huh, got an answer for that one?

Jesus perfectly described the NATURAL design for man and woman

Quote:

This is an argument from silence, but the silence doesn’t take place in a vacuum. Jesus addresses and defines marriage in Matthew 19:4–6 and Mark 10:6–9 using both Genesis 1:26–27 and Genesis 2:24 to parse it out. Here Jesus defines and affirms marriage as between a man and a woman, a reflection of the fact that God made us male and female to care for creation together. With this definition, same-sex marriage is excluded. Had Jesus wished to extend the right of marriage beyond this definition, here was his opportunity. But he didn’t take it.

Jesus never discussed same-sex marriage because the way he defined marriage already excluded it. He was not as silent on the topic as some claim.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/a...-trajectories/

Old 09-01-2019, 07:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:
You are changing hearts, as you, and others like you are helping people move away from extreme fundamentalism.

Please, keep doing what you are doing - it's quite revealing, especially for those who have eyes to see.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:16 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,070,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Let me ask you a question - is it objectively true that lying is always immoral?
Yes.
Quote:

If so, then telling the truth would be the moral thing to do - is that correct?
Yes.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,252,379 times
Quote:

And you believe your dad's story?

Somehow, that does not surprise me.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Obviously, you don't know much about human sexuality, anymore than you do cats? But you do make a lot of assumptions about both, just don't be too surprised - when you see the kittens alive and doing well.
Playing the I'm so much smarter than you lame card again, I see. Typical garbage from you.

I've seen animals do all kinds of cruel and immoral type things. Never saw a suicidal dog though. That's the fruit born out of sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity