Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2019, 07:20 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You can keep asking that question all you want. It only makes you look stubborn and foolish since you are posing a question that has no bearing in reality. We were all designed to be heterosexual so the only ones making a choice are those who choose to go outside that norm. Even more hypocritical when you claim that lesbians CHOOSE to have male partners because of peer pressure. Which is a load of hogwash. In many instances, women are completely heterosexual until they go to some secular college and come out changed.

Even science continues to fail miserably at offering any kind of real evidence that people are born gay

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...xual-behavior/
Yea, you must not have read that article, btw. I see others have already pointed that out, so I won't do so again.

As for you first bit, either everyone makes a choice, or no one does. You can't say that only gay people choose who they are attracted to. Unless you are saying that everyone is attracted to both sexes, and straight people just choose to be "normal". And you call me stubborn and foolish? You are literally showing that you have no clue about orientation at all, and instead have relied on others (or your own prejudice) to tell you about it.

We have explained to you NUMEROUS times why women do what they do, Jeff. If you can't understand after all of those other times, it certainly won't help to rehash it here. You aren't interested in the truth of the matter, only your agenda of gay hate and remaining ignorant.

Last edited by ImissThe90's; 12-09-2019 at 07:55 AM..

Old 12-09-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
The images look like MRI to me. isn't it possible that it could show both swelling and a tear? But no, you just grasp onto the one straw you have here which doesn't even make sense logically. If no healing happened here, why would this girl make up this story and even post pictures to be scrutinize even more? Again, it's just sad that you have to assume everyone is lying to maintain your fantasy world.
Is it "possible"? Maybe, but that isn't what it says, and doesn't appear to show one. Why make it up? Attention? Trying to prove something about what they believe? I don't know, Jeff, I wouldn't do such a thing, so I can only guess.

Quote:
Ha, Jesus performed some miracles in his day. Remember the story of the loaves and fishes? So millions converted right? Nope, they wanted him crucified. God is not going to put on a dog and pony show when He knows that someone who does not want to let go of their sin nature will find some way to explain it off in their mind.
Convenient for him, huh? "Unless you believe in me already, I won't show you anything!"... It would be easy for God, who can do anything, to show people individually, would it not? Or is that above his pay grade?

Quote:
What's the difference? If something is normal then why would it be immoral? You are just making crap up here.
Because "normal" doesn't mean moral. This isn't rocket science, Jeff. Violence is "normal" for humans, that doesn't make it right or moral. Sexual promiscuity is "normal", but that doesn't mean it is right or moral. These are two separate and distinct things. You should be able to understand this very simple thing.

Quote:
Most people wouldn't be comfortable seeing gay couples kissing period. It doesn't have to be a make out session to reach levels of discomfort.
And this is the gay couples fault? Don't like it, don't watch it. What you find comfortable doesn't matter in the slightest. I am not comfortable being around bigoted idiots, so I choose not to be in my personal life. I am not comfortable with watching some straight couple I don't know kissing in public either. Can I try to pass laws to keep them from doing so? To keep from selling them cakes?

Quote:
It is a celebration to commit to live in rebellion to God's design. It most certainly is immoral in the eyes of God.
Prove it.

Quote:
A birthday cake is not a celebration of sin.
Why not? If a gay person is buying a birthday cake, they are going to eat it for their birthday, right? Therefore, you are selling them a cake knowing that people will be there to celebrate them, a gay person. Explain the difference.

Quote:
Sorry, but that's a load of crap. Someone who has worked their tail off and sacrificed to build a business and then you just come along and change the rules and just callously say, sorry don't like it, find a new career! Life don't work that easily and you would be upset too if the government demanded that you do something that violates your morals.
This literally happens all the time. Laws change, society changes. Either you can grow and change with it, or become obsolete. Sell the wedding cakes to everyone, or stop selling them. It wouldn't mean finding a new career, only making different items, or less of one specific item.

See, you have yet another flaw in your logic here as well. You have no problem with telling other people to go somewhere else, but refuse to tell the baker the same thing. Why is that? Why is it okay for you to say, "Yea, well the gays can just go to the next town over and waste their time and gas since the baker is a bigoted idiot, but the baker shouldn't have to follow laws because that's not fair!"

You sound like a child. A bigoted, ignorant, small minded child.

Last edited by ImissThe90's; 12-09-2019 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: changed some incorrect wording/spelling

Old 12-09-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I get that. It's a common tactic to make Christians appear backwards or out of touch. Frankly, it's despicable to compare us to racists. It's amazing how heads exploded when someone dared to mention that homosexuality is a sin, as is other sexual crimes, but when someone compares Christians to racists? Game on!
No need to do such a thing, BF. You guys do that all on your own! And it is FUNDIE Christians, not Christians in general.

We "compare you to racists" because you WERE the racists back in the day. You used the Bible to promote this racism and segregation back in the day. You guys did that. Are you going to argue that? The point is and has been, that this crusade against gay people will end the same way. You guys will be the fringe who everyone looks down on because of their ignorance, just like the racists that used your very own holy book back not too long ago.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:09 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,755,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Is it "possible"? Maybe, but that isn't what it says, and doesn't appear to show one. Why make it up? Attention? Trying to prove something about what they believe? I don't know, Jeff, I wouldn't do such a thing, so I can only guess.
Or she could be telling the truth. But of course, that is the one conclusion that you WILL NOT EVER possibly consider.

Quote:

Convenient for him, huh? "Unless you believe in me already, I won't show you anything!"... It would be easy for God, who can do anything, to show people individually, would it not? Or is that above his pay grade?
It's all about the heart. If you have a heart that wants to reject God then why should He bother trying to convince you? God doesn't want people in heaven saying, well even though I hate you God, I still had to accept and worship you, God because I want that ticket to heaven.

Quote:

Because "normal" doesn't mean moral. This isn't rocket science, Jeff. Violence is "normal" for humans, that doesn't make it right or moral. Sexual promiscuity is "normal", but that doesn't mean it is right or moral. These are two separate and distinct things. You should be able to understand this very simple thing.
Really, and just how do you determine what is moral? What makes your idea of morality any more valid than some other culture or social group?

Quote:

And this is the gay couples fault? Don't like it, don't watch it. What you find comfortable doesn't matter in the slightest. I am not comfortable being around bigoted idiots, so I choose not to be in my personal life. I am not comfortable with watching some straight couple I don't know kissing in public either. Can I try to pass laws to keep them from doing so? To keep from selling them cakes?
I don't watch it. The point is that it is being increasingly forced onto the public as part of the agenda to make it seem normal and good.

Quote:

Why not? If a fat, gluttonous person is buying a birthday cake, they are going to eat it, right? Therefore, you are selling them a cake knowing that they are going to go eat it, and that they are gluttons, and that people will be there to celebrate them. Explain the difference.

That is just silly. You really do live in a fantasy world. Not all overweight people are gluttons, btw. No one in the real world sees eating a birthday cake as a celebration of sin.

Quote:

This literally happens all the time. Laws change, society changes. Either you can grow and change with it, or become obsolete. Sell the wedding cakes to everyone, or stop selling them. It wouldn't mean finding a new career, only making different items, or less of one specific item.

See, you have yet another flaw in your logic here as well. You have no problem with telling other people to go somewhere else, but refuse to tell the baker the same thing. Why is that? Why is it okay for you to say, "Yea, well the gays can just go to the next town over and waster their time and gas since the baker is a bigoted idiot, but the baker shouldn't have to follow laws because that's not fair!"
I certainly wouldn't say that a gay business owner just needs to suck it up and shutter his business immediately because he didn't want to service Christian people. It's your side that has the extreme intolerance here. My way or the highway, right?

Quote:

You sound like a child. A bigoted, ignorant, small minded child.

The irony is that the fact you need to slap an unnecessary insult at the tail end only shows your lack of maturity. This kind of garbage is the reason why I blocked you in the first place. Not because you were asking "hard questions". In hindsight, I should have left you blocked.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-09-2019 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: Removed an extra quote tag

Old 12-09-2019, 08:23 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The game is to make Christians look bad, and homosexuals are a useful tools in that game.
Quote:
Right, that is the only reason you see atheists suddenly so defensive of homosexuality these days. Back in the 80s and 90s when most of the public was against homosexuality, atheists didn't give a rip about them or their civil rights.
Quote:
Yes, although there are two kinds of atheists, - those who simply don't believe God exists, and they leave it at that, and then there are those who are deeply offended by the idea that God might exist, and they rave against it, and those who believe in God.
What makes you think that either of you speak for anyone, other than yourselves?
Fundamentalist such as yourself are the most bigoted and hateful people in the world.

You talk out both sides of your mouth.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Fundamentalist such as yourselves are the most bigoted and hateful people in the world.
I hate no one. You, in the other hand, can't stop raving against people who wish to honor God with their words and actions. It seems there it nothing that won't offend you.

Do you know what a bigot is?

Bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

You are a textbook example of a bigot, since you have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't agree with your agenda.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:44 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What makes you think that either of you speak for anyone, other than yourselves?
Fundamentalist such as yourself are the most bigoted and hateful people in the world.

You talk out both sides of your mouth.
Quote:
I hate no one. You, in the other hand, can't stop raving against people who wish to honor God with their words and actions. It seems there it nothing that won't offend you.

Do you know what a bigot is?

Bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

You are a textbook example of a bigot, since you have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't agree with your agenda.
You have repeated this numerous times, and it has been addressed - go back and educate yourself. Having a different view than yours, does not in and of itself make you a bigot, that comes from the actions you take against the person - like that of discrimination. Remember, the ideology of different drinking fountains or not serving someone of a different color because they were black. Perhaps, you will remember some of the signs posted along the highways? And the fact that people were refused service by bigoted people such as yourself?

Old 12-09-2019, 08:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Jerwade = bigot & hater.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Or she could be telling the truth. But of course, that is the one conclusion that you WILL NOT EVER possibly consider.
"could be"
"possibly"

Why the need for all these type words, Jeff? I "could be" right, in that she isn't telling the truth. It is "possible" that she is lying. The xrays show swelling, not a tear, which certainly calls it into question, no?

Quote:
It's all about the heart. If you have a heart that wants to reject God then why should He bother trying to convince you? God doesn't want people in heaven saying, well even though I hate you God, I still had to accept and worship you, God because I want that ticket to heaven.
He could easily convince me. I will even tell you how, just below...

Quote:
Really, and just how do you determine what is moral? What makes your idea of morality any more valid than some other culture or social group?
My view on morality doesn't harm others. Yours does. Therefore, mine is superior. Easy.

Quote:
I don't watch it. The point is that it is being increasingly forced onto the public as part of the agenda to make it seem normal and good.
No one has to see it as moral and good, Jeff. You can hate until your little heart is content, as long as you stop discriminating against gay people who are hurting no one.

Quote:
That is just silly. You really do live in a fantasy world. Not all overweight people are gluttons, btw. No one in the real world sees eating a birthday cake as a celebration of sin.
Just FYI, I changed what I said here. Had this convo mixed up with another, where someone was saying gluttons shouldn't be turned away. So I apologize for that. Here is where I am going to explain where God could easily convince me, and also explain why my thoughts get mixed up at times.

I have PTSD from an assault I went through when I was 15. This led to me having seizures, memory loss, depression, being unable to drive, losing multiple jobs, etc etc. Sometimes when I have one, it leads to my brain feeling fuzzy, and mixed up. This is what happened above, where I responded to something someone else said, on a different post. I corrected it, but you were already responding. If God wanted to convince me he is real, he could very easily show me by stopping this health issue that plagues my life. Nothing has stopped them so far, but he could, if he were real and cared to. When these issues started, I pleaded for God to help me. I tried church and praying. Nothing changed. In fact, it only got slightly better AFTER I stopped doing those things, and has only gotten slightly better that that in the last ten years or so.

This issue leads me to get a little muddied at times, especially with getting posts or posters mixed up. It also puts me in a bad mood, leading to me getting quite ornery at times. I'm working on that.

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't say that a gay business owner just needs to suck it up and shutter his business immediately because he didn't want to service Christian people. It's your side that has the extreme intolerance here. My way or the highway, right?
I am saying my way or the highway? You are literally saying that gay people should just suck it up, deal with the discrimination, and go somewhere else. If this isn't my way or the highway, what is? All I am saying, is to be a decent human, decent business owner, and a decent Christian, and serve the gay couple or stop making wedding cakes.

I would say the same to a gay owner, btw. I never said that they should "shutter their business immediately" either.

Quote:

The irony is that the fact you need to slap an unnecessary insult at the tail end only shows your lack of maturity. This kind of garbage is the reason why I blocked you in the first place. Not because you were asking "hard questions". In hindsight, I should have left you blocked.
You know what Jeff? I am going to do something I rarely do, and say that you are right. Not that I lack maturity, but that this was unnecessary. You are right, it was unnecessary, and I apologize.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:24 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Jerwade = bigot & hater.
You're confusing Jerwade with that guy in your mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity