Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 05:49 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Hiway, I know you along with the rest of JW's are champions in the way you see the scripture.

But isn't this a little over the top as you don't see any other believers advertising an initiation into their flock?

I thought that when one comes to Christ He places them where He wants them and not by an initiation by man.

Isa 2:3; Mat 28:19, 20; Acts 1:8; 8:31; Heb 10:24,25
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
There's another Christian Congregation being held in Salt Lake City in October. I think I'll go to that one instead.

Good for you Kat, Jehovah knows and feeds His sheep no doubt about it. That is the great thing about Him, He sees to it that everyone is reached to His satisfaction before He sends His forces to bring this system to it's close. Mat 24:14

Old 07-05-2021, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Title changed in the Opening Post.

See the distinction sir? You openly altered my post stating very clearly by your actions that we are not Christians, I don't mind however, that is but one of the distinctions between us, in fact it give me the actual written evidence of what I said about you in the past. That is the beauty of things in black and white, once they are written, they are historically recorded.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Will 'The REAL Jesus' be present, body & soul, at your convention?

No sir, although he is directing it through the faithful slave, he will not make an appearance. The Bible indicates the next time he returns, it will be the battle of Armageddon, which the day and hour is still in the future. No doubt he will be very welcome, in my opinion it will not happen.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:19 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
See the distinction sir? You openly altered my post stating very clearly by your actions that we are not Christians, I don't mind however, that is but one of the distinctions between us, in fact it give me the actual written evidence of what I said about you in the past. That is the beauty of things in black and white, once they are written, they are historically recorded.
Don't twist my words to say what they don't.

You have been told repeatedly to say "Jehovah's Witnesses" when that's what you mean and to say "Christians" when you mean all Christians. Your post was reported because you implied that the Jehovah's Witness Convention represented all of Christianity.

All of the Christians who post here are deserving of the same respect, whether you think they are or not. You do not get to co-opt the term "Christian" or "Christianity" to refer to Jehovah's Witnesses to the exclusion of all the other Christians.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:53 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,444,912 times
Quote:
The Jehovah's Witnesses Congregation will be starting it's < highway54 > 2021-07-04 03:57

3 day convention today, and I would personally like to invite all of you to attend. We will slowly release it for download or viewing and I will keep you posted on the time it is available, right now the Friday morning session is available, the link is:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos...2021Convention

I hope you will enjoy our convention this year to help us boost our faith. Be sure to download the program as well to assist in understanding what is going on. The link for that is:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/...ntion-Program/

if you have any questions or comments about it, please feel free to present them to me.
Thanks, but no. I don't think my Rabbi would approve.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:30 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Hiway, I know you along with the rest of JW's are champions in the way you see the scripture. But isn't this a little over the top as you don't see any other believers advertising an initiation into their flock? I thought that when one comes to Christ He places them where He wants them and not by an initiation by man.
this is NOT an "initiation" into any flock sir. it's just as it is, an invitation to our convention. MANY who are not witnesses had came. and they actually said they enjoyed the unity of the people. some have said that in there congregation, there is NO unity. and they pretty much know one another. but they see even though we're different race from Kingdom Halls in our city. we treat each other as though we're personal friends. the MANY, are still whatever their faith is, they haven't became witnesses, and that's find. Jehovah God doesn't make anyone worship him. so it's not up to us to try and overstep him. we just invite people so that they can see what really goes on. instead of them listening to an outsider. also they just might enjoy it!

Old 07-05-2021, 07:37 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
this is NOT an "initiation" into any flock sir. it's just as it is, an invitation to our convention. MANY who are not witnesses had came. and they actually said they enjoyed the unity of the people. some have said that in there congregation, there is NO unity. and they pretty much know one another. but they see even though we're different race from Kingdom Halls in our city. we treat each other as though we're personal friends. the MANY, are still whatever their faith is, they haven't became witnesses, and that's find. Jehovah God doesn't make anyone worship him. so it's not up to us to try and overstep him. we just invite people so that they can see what really goes on. instead of them listening to an outsider. also they just might enjoy it!
I guess some folks are more interested in having friends than hearing the truth.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:13 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Will 'The REAL Jesus' be present, body & soul, at your convention?
Quote:
No sir, although he is directing it through the faithful slave, he will not make an appearance. The Bible indicates the next time he returns, it will be the battle of Armageddon, which the day and hour is still in the future. No doubt he will be very welcome, in my opinion it will not happen.

So, a Jesus convention, with NO Jesus!
That will be a hard 'I'll pass' for me, then!
John 6, Mat28:20, Deuteronomy 31:8, Isaiah 43:2, Isaiah 41:10, Exodus 33:14

Old 07-06-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Thanks, but no. I don't think my Rabbi would approve.

I am very sure you are correct Bunga
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity