Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 08:29 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
The good news, is that you don't have to leave God/Jehova/YWHV to leave Russell/Rutherford!
And that's an extremely important fact. I find it so sad that so many people (including many within my own faith group) seem to think that unquestioning affirmation of their denomination's doctrines and obedience to their denomination's approach to life is what qualifies a person to receive God's love and mercy. God's love extends far, far beyond denominational boundaries, and His acceptance of us is not based on which church building we worship in on Sunday. It took me nearly 70 years to fully realize this, by the way, and recognizing this frees you up to simply focus on what really matters to God -- how we love Him and how we love others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 08:41 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And that's an extremely important fact. I find it so sad that so many people (including many within my own faith group) seem to think that unquestioning affirmation of their denomination's doctrines and obedience to their denomination's approach to life is what qualifies a person to receive God's love and mercy. God's love extends far, far beyond denominational boundaries, and His acceptance of us is not based on which church building we worship in on Sunday. It took me nearly 70 years to fully realize this, by the way, and recognizing this frees you up to simply focus on what really matters to God -- how we love Him and how we love others.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:21 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Blessed are you Katzpur, because this was not revealed this to you by flesh and blood , but by our very Father in Heaven!

Old 07-22-2021, 09:27 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Blessed are you Katzpur, because this was not revealed this to you by flesh and blood , but by our very Father in Heaven!
Thank you, CCCyou. You're absolutely right; it was.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:43 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
I'd have to agree with L8Gr8Apost8 - you made yourselves 'prophets' by 'predicting' 'Armageddon' in 1894, 1914, 1918, 1925, and again in 1975, ... ,
and being wrong, every time, reveals you as false prophets!

One only need look at history, to see the truth. You've been duped!
The good news, is that you don't have to leave God/Jehova/YWHV to leave Russell/Rutherford!

"WE HAVE no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925."
Watchtower 1922 May 15 p.147

"Jehovah is the Grand identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true.
Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers."
Watchtower 1997 May 1 p.8

Do not your organizations own words expose them/you for what they are??

Yes sir we do, the fruits identify God's people, as well as Bible passages as I have put into print here before.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
The Bible may not teach it but the Watchtower has referred to themselves and individual witnesses as prophets. You can look it up if you want. They called Harold Camping a doomsday prophet. It was funny when they said "needless to say the world is still here" ahhhh

Anyway, that was the example you asked for. I don't expect you to agree. The fact that you called it an accusation signals to me you may not see me discussing with you in good faith. That scripture you quoted talks about the path of the righteous one. It's not talking about the path of the Faithful and Discreet Slave or the path of God's Spirit Directed Organization. It's talking about individuals.

Where else does the Watchtower fall short? I'm anti-elitist so people that try and say God intends to harm anyone is against every fiber of my being. The very last thing I believed as a believer was God telling me to reject anyone that would tell me He means to harm me. I'm not to even believe myself if I start thinking I'm worthy of destruction again.

We use the term prophet as applied to ourselves as revealers maam. We have not been given the capability of accurately predicting the future to a given time any more than any other faith. We believe like many other faiths that we are deep into the end of this system, but as of now Jehovah still has not revealed the day or hour to us.

Do you believe God exists maam?

Old 07-23-2021, 05:20 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
We use the term prophet as applied to ourselves as revealers maam. We have not been given the capability of accurately predicting the future to a given time any more than any other faith. We believe like many other faiths that we are deep into the end of this system, but as of now Jehovah still has not revealed the day or hour to us.

Do you believe God exists maam?
I think a sentient creator is highly unlikely.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Yes sir we do, the fruits identify God's people, as well as Bible passages as I have put into print here before.
I've heard people claim they can walk on water, but that doesn't make it truth?

Old 07-26-2021, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I think a sentient creator is highly unlikely.

Thanks for your honest answer maam. I am sure you realize that plays in heavily on your faith. If all of us were honest, I believe that there is a percentage of doubt in all of our minds. The real fact is that God either exists or He doesn't. I have personally never heard God's voice, but I do believe Jesus existed. I believe that Jesus believed that God existed, and that belief motivated him to suffer horribly and die for that. Not only that, but the apostles were willing to as well. Most of us who choose to serve God will never have to undergo the tribulations that they did, and in all honesty serving God is the best way of life, better for you, as well as better for those around you. Sure it is a sacrifice serving Him, but if He truly exists, do you not think it will be well worth it?

Old 07-27-2021, 05:50 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Thanks for your honest answer maam. I am sure you realize that plays in heavily on your faith. If all of us were honest, I believe that there is a percentage of doubt in all of our minds. The real fact is that God either exists or He doesn't. I have personally never heard God's voice, but I do believe Jesus existed. I believe that Jesus believed that God existed, and that belief motivated him to suffer horribly and die for that. Not only that, but the apostles were willing to as well. Most of us who choose to serve God will never have to undergo the tribulations that they did, and in all honesty serving God is the best way of life, better for you, as well as better for those around you. Sure it is a sacrifice serving Him, but if He truly exists, do you not think it will be well worth it?
I would say if serving God feels like a sacrifice you are doing it wrong. I think that's the mindset of someone who doesn't trust the promise that God will have your back no matter what. A person can't serve two masters. They can't serve themselves with thoughts of salvation while they love God. People like that just love what God can do for them. I think that's why so many don't understand the unconditional love thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity