Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 06:14 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Here ya go: https://masstimes.org/map?lat=41.477...al,%20Illinois
pick any location/day/time that meets your needs, and you are always welcome.
If you're ever in the DFW area I'll join you and even treat you to lunch after.
Actually that is a possibility sir. I might take you up on it. As far as the post however, I knew he wouldn't be, same as with us, as he resides in heaven. He is coming back however, we pray for that regularly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 06:16 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Jehovah does not allow divisions. The Congregation must be kept clean.
On the lighter side, Hiway. I hear everyone gets to preach at Kingdom Hall.

Do you actually have a preacher or is everyone doing the preaching?

Just wondering how that works?

Old 07-10-2021, 08:46 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Actually that is a possibility sir. I might take you up on it. As far as the post however, I knew he wouldn't be, same as with us, as he resides in heaven. He is coming back however, we pray for that regularly.
Well Highway, that's ok, I can't blame you for doubting,
as even Thomas doubted "until he put his finger in risen Jesus's wounds" (John 20:27)
and the two disciples that didn't recognize the risen Jesus until "He took bread, broke it, and gave it to them" (Luke 24:30-31,35)
and the rest of His disciples likewise till the risen Jesus "came, took the bread and gave it to them" (John 21:13)
"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them." John 14:21

Old 07-10-2021, 08:53 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Jehovah does not allow divisions. The Congregation must be kept clean.
First off, observing a worship service other than your own does not require that you in any way compromise your beliefs. Do you seriously believe that you would somehow be soiled by observing someone else's worship service? I wonder if you'd feel dirty if you were to attend a performance by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Do you suppose Jesus was worried about becoming "unclean" when He dined with sinners?

Old 07-10-2021, 04:52 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

I was curious to what you meant when you were said that everyone gets to preach at the hall.

Old 07-11-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

There is a brief video what happens at a Kingdom Hall Charlie:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos...b-whkh_x_VIDEO

We have elders, ministerial servants, that primarily give talks. Since all of us are ministers, we have a ministry school in which students get on the platform and give talks. Women who are not to teach in the congregation, conduct studies with other women on the stage so that they can be trained as well.

Old 07-11-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Well Highway, that's ok, I can't blame you for doubting,
as even Thomas doubted "until he put his finger in risen Jesus's wounds" (John 20:27)
and the two disciples that didn't recognize the risen Jesus until "He took bread, broke it, and gave it to them" (Luke 24:30-31,35)
and the rest of His disciples likewise till the risen Jesus "came, took the bread and gave it to them" (John 21:13)
"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them." John 14:21

I do not doubt at all CC, it is simply what the Bible really teaches.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
First off, observing a worship service other than your own does not require that you in any way compromise your beliefs. Do you seriously believe that you would somehow be soiled by observing someone else's worship service? I wonder if you'd feel dirty if you were to attend a performance by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Do you suppose Jesus was worried about becoming "unclean" when He dined with sinners?

I will attend weddings and funerals of friends of other faiths, but that is it. Rev 18:4

Old 07-11-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Lol, the bible is full of examples about us?

They wrote about your people?

If Christian's practice Babylonian Christmas and Easter, how does that not getting intertwined work for them? No doubt, involving oneself in paganism makes a pagan, but why dont Christian's believe this?

If you change Gods holy days, you have changed religions.

The Bible was authored by Jehovah, penned by His witnesses, for His witnesses sir.

Old 07-11-2021, 08:25 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
I will attend weddings and funerals of friends of other faiths, but that is it. Rev 18:4
Wow. Well these are definitely religious services. Where is the line drawn? And why would you not be disciplined for attending a Catholic funeral mass?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity