Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 05:32 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
So, a Jesus convention, with NO Jesus!
That will be a hard 'I'll pass' for me, then!
John 6, Mat28:20, Deuteronomy 31:8, Isaiah 43:2, Isaiah 41:10, Exodus 33:14

If you ever find any that he does attend, please let me know so I can go as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 09:45 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
So I have a question for you, highway. It's very simple and straightforward and requires no dancing around the issue. You're inviting all non-JWs to the Jehovah's Witnesses conference. That's all fine and good. But what would your governing body say you should do if invited to the LDS Church's semi-annual General Conference. You seem to think it might be a good idea for me to attend your conference. Would you be willing to attend mine? Would you be subject to discipline if you did? It will also be available on-line, so you can watch it from your home. How would you feel about that? Or does being open to learning about beliefs other than one's own only work in one direction?

Old 07-06-2021, 10:17 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So I have a question for you, highway. It's very simple and straightforward and requires no dancing around the issue. You're inviting all non-JWs to the Jehovah's Witnesses conference. That's all fine and good. But what would your governing body say you should do if invited to the LDS Church's semi-annual General Conference. You seem to think it might be a good idea for me to attend your conference. Would you be willing to attend mine? Would you be subject to discipline if you did? It will also be available on-line, so you can watch it from your home. How would you feel about that? Or does being open to learning about beliefs other than one's own only work in one direction?
Those are good questions that deserve an answer. But his answers may only reveal that it is merely an attempt to convert others to their particular sect of Christianity. We know that he believes they are the ONLY one's who have the true faith? Which is utterly, ridiculous!

Old 07-06-2021, 11:01 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Thanks for the invitation bro.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:49 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
It is entirely one-directional, Katz, because in their minds they have the ONLY true religion. They are not allowed to attend any other religion's conventions or learn about their Satan-inspired beliefs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Those are good questions that deserve an answer. But his answers may only reveal that it is merely an attempt to convert others to their particular sect of Christianity. We know that he believes they are the ONLY one's who have the true faith? Which is utterly, ridiculous!

Old 07-06-2021, 11:52 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
If you ever find any that he does attend, please let me know so I can go as well.
Pm me your zipcode and I'll extend a local invitation.
John 6:51-58

Old 07-06-2021, 11:59 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is entirely one-directional, Katz, because in their minds they have the ONLY true religion. They are not allowed to attend any other religion's conventions or learn about their Satan-inspired beliefs.
Yeah, but this is what I want to hear directly from Highway, if he would be so kind. I just find it interesting how any church can say, "Come, experiencing our way of worshipping yourself, and hear our beliefs taught firsthand," but then turn around and say, "But don't set foot in any other church and hear what they have to say."

Old 07-07-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:

There are multiple gods and faiths Kat. We each choose our god and the faith we want. The Bible states very clearly that Jehovah's people will invite others to come Isa 2:2,3, especially since that prophecy was for these last days. We fully know that we are inviting persons of other faiths, that is simply common sense, Jesus referred to them as fields ripe for harvesting. One of the talks is about Noah, who was called a preacher of righteousness, he too offered to others invitations to get aboard the ark, as the door wasn't shut until 7 days before the flood. The door of salvation is still open as well for this next destruction, so we invite.

Would I attend yours? No. We do not practice interfaith. Do I expect you to attend ours? No. But the opportunity is there, if for no other reason than to learn more about us without having to face anyone directly. We have no idea what kind of soil the seeds we plant land on, but our responsibility is to plant those seeds until Jehovah says the work is done. Thanks for your serious question Kat.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Thanks for the invitation bro.

You are very welcome Hans.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Pm me your zipcode and I'll extend a local invitation.
John 6:51-58

I live in central illinois CC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity