Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 05:58 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I apologize for my brothers and sisters who get nasty with you maam. Although we are far from perfect, we need to display the fruits of the spirit at all times, especially when speaking to others about God.

It is true we do not get involved with the goddess easter, nor the god saturn, but we should explain the reasons in a kind way. The real truth is that those celebrations are not practiced in the Bible. Likely you recognize them both as religious holy days, so if the true God wanted to celebrate those things, isn't it reasonable to think He would see to it that it is in the Bible?
No other Christians are "involved with the godless easter" or ever even consider the "god saturn." Never. Yes, the timing of those celebrations has roots in pagan practices, but that has absolutely nothing to do with Christians celebrating the birth of Jesus or the resurrection. You do know that, don't you? No Ishtar. No Saturn.

No, it isn't reasonable to assume that such celebrations should be mentioned in the Bible. Such things are not forbidden, which is the real issue. Lots of things that happen in church services aren't mentioned in the Bible.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Yes it does CC. The only thing that changes my mind is Biblical evidence, not opinion.
Biblical evidence nearly always requires interpretation, so it is in effect an opinion.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:05 AM

Quote:
No maam, in fact I would question a faith that wouldn't be that way as being insincere about the seriousness of their faith. In other words, since the Bible states there is one faith, I would want to make sure that I am in that one faith, and follow the Bible's admonition to quit touching the unclean thing. (2 Corinthians 6:14-17) . . .Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’. . .
If your church was truly as strong in their belief as you say they are, they would encourage you to visit other churches and see what you could learn from other Christians. If your church's tenets are strong enough, and you have been taught the reasoning behind everything, you could not be shaken by visiting a Methodist church.

Incidentally, that remark about unevenly yoked with unbelievers is a terrible insult to all the other Christians reading this forum. You should be ashamed of the implication that Baptists and Lutherans and all the others are unbelievers.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:53 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
The Jehovah's Witnesses Congregation will be starting it's < highway54 > 2021-07-04 03:57

3 day convention today, and I would personally like to invite all of you to attend. We will slowly release it for download or viewing and I will keep you posted on the time it is available, right now the Friday morning session is available, the link is:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos...2021Convention

I hope you will enjoy our convention this year to help us boost our faith. Be sure to download the program as well to assist in understanding what is going on. The link for that is:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/...ntion-Program/

if you have any questions or comments about it, please feel free to present them to me.
I'll watch it, if you watch my church's livestream or YouTube channel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 08:12 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Yes it does CC. The only thing that changes my mind is Biblical evidence, not opinion.
Quote:
No maam, in fact I would question a faith that wouldn't be that way as being insincere about the seriousness of their faith. In other words, since the Bible states there is one faith, I would want to make sure that I am in that one faith, and follow the Bible's admonition to quit touching the unclean thing. (2 Corinthians 6:14-17) . . .Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’. . .

Highway, seems you don't like God's opinion:

For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. 1 Corinthians 7:14

The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." Acts 10:15

"The voice spoke from heaven a second time, 'Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.' Acts 11:9

“You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Isaiah 43:10

Last edited by CCCyou; 07-13-2021 at 08:40 AM..

Old 07-14-2021, 05:14 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
No other Christians are "involved with the godless easter" or ever even consider the "god saturn." Never. Yes, the timing of those celebrations has roots in pagan practices, but that has absolutely nothing to do with Christians celebrating the birth of Jesus or the resurrection. You do know that, don't you? No Ishtar. No Saturn.

No, it isn't reasonable to assume that such celebrations should be mentioned in the Bible. Such things are not forbidden, which is the real issue. Lots of things that happen in church services aren't mentioned in the Bible.

Ye are free to do as thee please sir, as for me and my household, we shall serve Jehovah Josh 24:15

Old 07-14-2021, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Ye are free to do as thee please sir, as for me and my household, we shall serve Jehovah Josh 24:15
Let's make this absolutely clear. ALL of the other Christians are also serving God. Most of them also do that when the celebrate the birth and resurrection of Jesus. It is disgusting for you to even imply that they are not.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:35 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I have often wondered who Jesus could possibly be talking about when He said, "Depart from me, I never knew you." You Jw's have answered my question. You do not seem to know either Jesus or God, though as Christians you seem to want to follow them. It is sad. Jesus provided an unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit with His very body and life, and yet you, like so many others, seem to ignore that in favor of the ancient Israelite War God. It is an enigma!

Old 07-14-2021, 06:57 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Christ became our Passover Hans 1 Cor 5:7
The problem is separation from the people of God. It's not that others do pagan traditions, it's by doing so, they reject all of God's traditions and God's traditions teach who God is and who you are. By accepting the ways of God, God promises to seal you in your forehead and right hand with protection against the judgement of Gentiles. You are sealed in your forehead and right hand because through acceptance, you become Israel. By accepting God's holy days, you take hold of his covenant and there is no other way to come under the covenant.

The whole point of the covenant is to join the Gentiles of Israel with the Jews of Judah in a marriage, and the only way for two people to become one people is by both people deciding on a single worship system, and there is no other way.

To join two people together, the two cannot have a two separate religions with two separate worship systems

You either join Jews, or you dont, and there are no Gentiles in the covenant.

The whole point is separation or unity, so do you feel like you are one with Jews?

Is it that people often confuse you with Jews?

If you were one with Jews in the same religion, you would get called a Jew all the time because you would be United with them in the same religion, same religion Jesus kept.

Old 07-15-2021, 04:33 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have often wondered who Jesus could possibly be talking about when He said, "Depart from me, I never knew you." You Jw's have answered my question. You do not seem to know either Jesus or God, though as Christians you seem to want to follow them. It is sad. Jesus provided an unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit with His very body and life, and yet you, like so many others, seem to ignore that in favor of the ancient Israelite War God. It is an enigma!

Jesus went on to explain who that was Doc, it was those who chose to serve him in their own way and did not do it Jehovah's way. Jesus said the one doing the will of my Father. Who obeys the gospel that Christ gave? The Bible clearly identifies them sir, God does not leave us to simply go our own way without direction.

You hit on a couple of key things essential for salvation, knowing God and Jesus as when Jesus returns people will have no excuse for not knowing them. Do you think it will be righteous on God's part when Jesus returns and destroys all those who do not know God? 2 Thes 1:6-9
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity