Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 05:20 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It would be nice if you were correct 54. When I made my conclusion it was pretty brutal because I thought at least Jehovah would set things right one day. The day I died would be the day He came to do that so at least pain and suffering would end. I've had a hard time with the concept of fairness and justice since then and have had to accept it's just not a thing.

You have helped me. You remind me what people inside the organization go through. It's been a very long time since I've felt that twinge of anger at my abusers.

edit: How would you live your life differently if there was no salvation? How would you live your life if it was assured and you need do nothing for it?

Best not to talk about that 8. Keep in mind, we have been plagued from the time we became a nation with haughty ones taking the lead. Jehovah knows it, and sometimes He takes action on it, in fact always, but not on our time table. Remember it is not Him that is to blame, so allowing yourself to be stumbled out by injustice of others, is in reality turning your back on Him maam. Remember that we are judged on our forgiveness as well, for those of us who forgive our accusers and abusers, we are storing up treasures beyond our own belief. Of course that is based on if Jehovah exists, and if the Bible is really His word. These times we are living in, we see and live the prophecies foretold many centuries ago, sure convinces me that He exists. Really good convention for strengthening your faith this year. I hope you will check it out. All of Friday, and Sat morn is available now on JW.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 03:45 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Best not to talk about that 8. Keep in mind, we have been plagued from the time we became a nation with haughty ones taking the lead. Jehovah knows it, and sometimes He takes action on it, in fact always, but not on our time table. Remember it is not Him that is to blame, so allowing yourself to be stumbled out by injustice of others, is in reality turning your back on Him maam. Remember that we are judged on our forgiveness as well, for those of us who forgive our accusers and abusers, we are storing up treasures beyond our own belief. Of course that is based on if Jehovah exists, and if the Bible is really His word. These times we are living in, we see and live the prophecies foretold many centuries ago, sure convinces me that He exists. Really good convention for strengthening your faith this year. I hope you will check it out. All of Friday, and Sat morn is available now on JW.org
I don't believe the Watchtower. It's really as simple as that. It's not about someone's fault or turning my back on God. I don't believe the Watchtower has the truth.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:59 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I don't believe the Watchtower. It's really as simple as that. It's not about someone's fault or turning my back on God. I don't believe the Watchtower has the truth.
They definitely do NOT, L8! None of the believers in a wrathful, vengeful God who needed to be appeased for disobedience by blood sacrifice have the truth, IMO.

Old 07-21-2021, 05:33 AM

Quote:

Do you have an example maam?

Old 07-21-2021, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Do you have an example maam?
The big one that freed me from "what if" was Deut. 18:22.

…21You may ask in your heart, “How can we recognize a message that the LORD has not spoken?†22When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD and the message does not come to pass or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him

I find that the Watchtower did speak and prophesize in Jehovah's name. I find that it did not come true. Therefore I am not to listen or fear them.

You may not agree. I've argued this point with someone who was sympathetic to the Watchtower and they claimed Watchtower did not call themselves prophets so that scripture didn't apply.

Old 07-22-2021, 06:47 AM

Quote:
The big one that freed me from "what if" was Deut. 18:22.

…21You may ask in your heart, “How can we recognize a message that the LORD has not spoken?†22When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD and the message does not come to pass or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him

I find that the Watchtower did speak and prophesize in Jehovah's name. I find that it did not come true. Therefore I am not to listen or fear them.

You may not agree. I've argued this point with someone who was sympathetic to the Watchtower and they claimed Watchtower did not call themselves prophets so that scripture didn't apply.

There is where the problem lies maam. The Bible does not teach that Jehovah sent prophets after the completion of the Bible. We are not prophets maam, you should realize that as being a baptized Witness.

May I ask if you believe God exists?

If your answer is yes, then it stands to reason that He has at least a few followers correct? Likely you may think that Jesus existed, and he sent us out to make disciples, which in turn those disciples would make disciples until they spread the good news to the ends of the earth Act 1:8. So then as sure as they or one of them exists, and since the message is earthwide today, then they should be easy enough to identify. Let me ask you, which faith do you see has absolute truth, let me know so I can go with those people.

Fact is maam, you are in error. The Bible clearly states that the path of the righteous (God's people) would be like the sun rising, getting brighter and brighter until day dawns Pro 4:18. Maybe you remember Dan 12:4 as well. So as you can see with your accusation, we are not expected scripturally to have absolute truth as of yet.

Anywhere else you think we fall short?

Old 07-22-2021, 07:13 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,018 times
Quote:
There is where the problem lies maam. The Bible does not teach that Jehovah sent prophets after the completion of the Bible. We are not prophets maam, you should realize that as being a baptized Witness.
If your answer is yes, then it stands to reason that He has at least a few followers correct? Likely you may think that Jesus existed, and he sent us out to make disciples, which in turn those disciples would make disciples until they spread the good news to the ends of the earth Act 1:8. So then as sure as they or one of them exists, and since the message is earthwide today, then they should be easy enough to identify. Let me ask you, which faith do you see has absolute truth, let me know so I can go with those people.
Fact is maam, you are in error. The Bible clearly states that the path of the righteous (God's people) would be like the sun rising, getting brighter and brighter until day dawns Pro 4:18. Maybe you remember Dan 12:4 as well. So as you can see with your accusation, we are not expected scripturally to have absolute truth as of yet.
I'd have to agree with L8Gr8Apost8 - you made yourselves 'prophets' by 'predicting' 'Armageddon' in 1894, 1914, 1918, 1925, and again in 1975, ... ,
and being wrong, every time, reveals you as false prophets!

One only need look at history, to see the truth. You've been duped!
The good news, is that you don't have to leave God/Jehova/YWHV to leave Russell/Rutherford!

"WE HAVE no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925."
Watchtower 1922 May 15 p.147

"Jehovah is the Grand identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true.
Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers."
Watchtower 1997 May 1 p.8

Do not your organizations own words expose them/you for what they are??

Last edited by CCCyou; 07-22-2021 at 07:56 AM..

Old 07-22-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
I'd have to agree with L8Gr8Apost8 - you made yourselves 'prophets' by 'predicting' 'Armageddon' in 1894, 1914, 1918, 1925, and again in 1975, ... ,
and being wrong, every time, reveals you as false prophets!

One only need look at history, to see the truth. You've been duped!
The good news, is that you don't have to leave God/Jehova/YWHV to leave Russell/Rutherford!

"WE HAVE no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925."
Watchtower 1922 May 15 p.147

"Jehovah is the Grand identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true.
Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers."
Watchtower 1997 May 1 p.8

Do not your organizations own words expose them/you for what they are??

Old 07-22-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:

The Bible may not teach it but the Watchtower has referred to themselves and individual witnesses as prophets. You can look it up if you want. They called Harold Camping a doomsday prophet. It was funny when they said "needless to say the world is still here" ahhhh

Anyway, that was the example you asked for. I don't expect you to agree. The fact that you called it an accusation signals to me you may not see me discussing with you in good faith. That scripture you quoted talks about the path of the righteous one. It's not talking about the path of the Faithful and Discreet Slave or the path of God's Spirit Directed Organization. It's talking about individuals.

Where else does the Watchtower fall short? I'm anti-elitist so people that try and say God intends to harm anyone is against every fiber of my being. The very last thing I believed as a believer was God telling me to reject anyone that would tell me He means to harm me. I'm not to even believe myself if I start thinking I'm worthy of destruction again.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
The Bible may not teach it but the Watchtower has referred to themselves and individual witnesses as prophets. You can look it up if you want. They called Harold Camping a doomsday prophet. It was funny when they said "needless to say the world is still here" ahhhh

Anyway, that was the example you asked for. I don't expect you to agree. The fact that you called it an accusation signals to me you may not see me discussing with you in good faith. That scripture you quoted talks about the path of the righteous one. It's not talking about the path of the Faithful and Discreet Slave or the path of God's Spirit Directed Organization. It's talking about individuals.

Where else does the Watchtower fall short? I'm anti-elitist so people that try and say God intends to harm anyone is against every fiber of my being. The very last thing I believed as a believer was God telling me to reject anyone that would tell me He means to harm me. I'm not to even believe myself if I start thinking I'm worthy of destruction again.
I am so pleased you escaped that lunacy, L8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity