Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 09:11 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is more than a little divine spark in you, QB. You are an exceptionally wise young woman.
I agree wholeheartedly.

But now, Mystic, I know you have something to say on this subject. I am looking forward to your comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 10:34 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
A child needs to experience things in order to reach maturity, it's more than merely knowing.

Old 10-06-2021, 10:57 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A child needs to experience things in order to reach maturity, it's more than merely knowing.
I agree. But where does our knowledge ultimately get us? I mean, we learn things, experience things and accomplish things, but to what end?

Old 10-06-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree. But where does our knowledge ultimately get us? I mean, we learn things, experience things and accomplish things, but to what end?
I believe it's to help us gain a better understanding, beyond knowledge itself.
It's like knowing all things but never experiencing what it is to love others...?

Old 10-06-2021, 12:20 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
What do you believe God put us here for? Why did He create millions of mortals who would have to go through this confusing, frightening and sometimes very painful existence? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Quote:
Quote:

We corporately are caretakers of the earth (which we have not done that well on to date, but it is still in the messy work in progress stage)

That was our mandate

His people are chosen to rise above the natural state and intellectually, emotionally achieve a higher understanding and empathy that will achieve his goal for that overseer-ship/dominion

Going back to my original quote of from Genesis

Gen 1:26**And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27**So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28**And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Rev 21:2**And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3**And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

I see a larger community being formed all under the headship of the Christ all having one soul (The son of man and son of God combined in one) with individuality being retained .... there is a similar composition of human beings, a composition of flesh and spirit having soul

Old 10-06-2021, 01:11 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
What do you believe God put us here for? Why did He create millions of mortals who would have to go through this confusing, frightening and sometimes very painful existence? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
"Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him for ever."

https://www.apuritansmind.com/westmi...ter-catechism/

Old 10-06-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
"Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him for ever."
Why would the creator of all things that exist need to be glorified?

Old 10-06-2021, 01:27 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
The glorifying seems to work both ways

Joh 17:4**I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Joh 17:5**And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Old 10-06-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The glorifying seems to work both ways

Joh 17:4**I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Joh 17:5**And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Is it based on our thoughts, deeds and actions, or merely that of worship and praise?

Old 10-06-2021, 01:37 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
He doesn't and indeed He cannot be. He is infinite Glory and we cannot add to or subtract from Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity