Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 07:51 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

What do you believe God put us here for? Why did He create millions of mortals who would have to go through this confusing, frightening and sometimes very painful existence? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 07:56 PM

1,757 posts, read 757,630 times
Consciousness in and of itself is a miracle. So is freewill. Those two combine for an experience. There is a beauty in it and a value in it.

We will receive tests in this experience that is life and it is important that we recognize the value of life in general so that we promote life and alleviate the sufferings of others.

As Jesus said, if we love our neighbor...serve him or her...all of the other laws fall into place.

Also, remember, that life may have down times, but there is a bit of God in all of us, an inner light, a divine spark. God is in the light and in the energy around us. He is always there and will always be there.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
As Jesus said, if we love our neighbor...serve him or her...all of the other laws fall into place.
As simple as it is, that statement is indeed profound.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:41 PM

Anybody? What do you think God's purpose was in putting us here?

Old 10-05-2021, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Gen 1:26**And God says, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, and let them rule over [the] fish of the sea, and over [the] bird of the heavens, and over livestock, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that is creeping on the earth.â€
Gen 1:27**And God creates the man in His image; in the image of God He created him, a male and a female He created them.
Gen 1:28**And God blesses them, and God says to them, “Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over [the] fish of the sea, and over [the] bird of the heavens, and over every living thing that is creeping on the earth.â€
Gen 1:29**And God says, “Behold, I have given to you every herb sowing seed, which [is] on the face of all the earth, and every tree in which [is] the fruit of a tree sowing seed, to you it is for food;
Gen 1:30**and to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the heavens, and to every creeping thing on the earth, in which [is] breath of life, every green herb [is] for foodâ€: and it is so.
Gen 1:31**And God sees all that He has done, and behold, [it is] very good; and there is an evening, and there is a morning—the sixth day.
Okay, but I don't really see how that explains what His reason was for putting us here in the first place. Maybe I just missed something. I mean yes, He saw His creation as "good" but good for what purpose ultimately?

Old 10-05-2021, 10:12 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, but I don't really see how that explains what His reason was for putting us here in the first place. Maybe I just missed something. I mean yes, He saw His creation as "good" but good for what purpose ultimately?
I guess it depends on who you mean by “us†the church, humans generally?

I deleted my post because after thinking about it I suspected you wouldn’t want a block of Scripture

The Scriptures in my opinion are about a specific people who have been given dominion over the earth collectively from the beginning, and I also believe in reincarnation where that happens in groups

Throughout the Scriptures I see those timing and collective references that are to His people, who are to hear His voice which is given through his messengers/angels/prophets/wise men/scribes

Mat 23:33**Serpents! Brood of vipers! How may you escape from the judgment of Gehenna?
Mat 23:34**Because of this, behold, I send to you prophets, and wise men, and scribes, and of them you will kill and crucify, and of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and will pursue from city to city;
Mat 23:35**that on you may come all the righteous blood being poured out on the earth from the blood of Abel the righteous, to the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar:
Mat 23:36**truly I say to you, all these things will come on this generation.

G1074***(Strong)
γενεά
genea
ghen-eh-ah'
From (a presumed derivative of) G1085; a generation; by implication an age (the period or the persons): - age, generation, nation, time.

There is judgement both for and against certain types depending on their response and actions in those groups/assemblies

Last edited by Meerkat2; 10-05-2021 at 10:58 PM..

Old 10-05-2021, 10:59 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Consciousness in and of itself is a miracle. So is freewill. Those two combine for an experience. There is a beauty in it and a value in it.

We will receive tests in this experience that is life and it is important that we recognize the value of life in general so that we promote life and alleviate the sufferings of others.

Also, remember, that life may have down times, but there is a bit of God in all of us, an inner light, a divine spark. God is in the light and in the energy around us. He is always there and will always be there.
I agree, very nice post

Old 10-06-2021, 02:49 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
God created all of us to worship the Lord

Old 10-06-2021, 05:21 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What do you believe God put us here for? Why did He create millions of mortals who would have to go through this confusing, frightening and sometimes very painful existence? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

The Bible does provide answers to your questions Kat. With all the good creations, Jehovah desired to make man in His image. He said to Jesus: Let us make man in our image, and they made it happen. Although the original pair chose to rebel, Jehovah chose the right avenue in allowing them to continue until we nearly extinct ourselves, so in the long run when He makes matters right, humans will realize it is best to follow God's ways.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:52 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

There is more than a little divine spark in you, QB. You are an exceptionally wise young woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity