Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 09:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It amazes me, how certain people believe they represent the creator of all that exists, and have the audacity to tell others what will or will not happen, after their present life is extinguished. They act as if, they are the center of the universe, and its controlling agent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That sounds like you.
Actually, it sounds more like Christianism from the perspective of extreme fundamentalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 08:28 AM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
But now, Mystic, I know you have something to say on this subject. I am looking forward to your comments.
I think I may have somehow missed this request, Katz. The obvious answer is the one that seems to pose issues for far too many Christians. As God's children, we are reproducing God! Unlike our physical reproduction, we are like cells of consciousness (Spirit) procreating God's consciousness (Holy Spirit) by "spiritual mitosis."

We are literally part of God when our consciousness is resonant (30 fold, 60 fold, 100 fold). Whatever is not must be made resonant after our physical death ("spiritual mitosis") by "re-tuning" all the dissonance. There seems to be a lot of discord over what that entails, but as my friend Rosey says, God's motto is "Waste not!"

Old 10-10-2021, 08:39 AM

1,161 posts, read 467,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I think I may have somehow missed this request, Katz. The obvious answer is the one that seems to pose issues for far too many Christians. As God's children, we are reproducing God! Unlike our physical reproduction, we are like cells of consciousness (Spirit) procreating God's consciousness (Holy Spirit) by "spiritual mitosis."

We are literally part of God when our consciousness is resonant (30 fold, 60 fold, 100 fold). Whatever is not must be made resonant after our physical death ("spiritual mitosis") by "re-tuning" all the dissonance. There seems to be a lot of discord over what that entails, but as my friend Rosey says, God's motto is "Waste not!"
Ah, yes, spiritual mitosis. I can never remember, is that in Ecclesiastes or 2 Timothy?

Where is TroutDude when one of his witless observations would actually be appropriate, perhaps even with a rolling eyes emoji or two?

Old 10-10-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
Ah, yes, spiritual mitosis. I can never remember, is that in Ecclesiastes or 2 Timothy?
Where is TroutDude when one of his witless observations would actually be appropriate, perhaps even with a rolling eyes emoji or two?
We are missing copies of the science books that taught our ancient ancestors about cellular reproduction, Irkle. But that is part of the "spiritual solid food" Jesus expected us to eventually discover. But that train was derailed by the asinine use of heresy and the dogmatic retention of belief in the "carnal milk" as a mandatory sign of faith in God.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:16 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

I just watched a NDE where an atheist had died and stood before the Light. He asked God, why are humans so dark and doomed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Euxh4Zgjc

Old 10-11-2021, 07:44 AM

19,056 posts, read 27,627,799 times
Quote:
What do you believe God put us here for? Why did He create millions of mortals who would have to go through this confusing, frightening and sometimes very painful existence? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I have 2 theories for you.
1. for praise. That is god's food. Praise belongs only to that particular god and nothing else. 2nd Commandment.
2. There's pretty silly series called Preacher. There's moment in it, when god is in a theater, surrounded by its followers, as Jesus will come out on the stage and the world will end. Main character looks at god from the distance and says - So you like to watch?
What else do you entertain yourself with, being immortal and eternal?

Just came upon me... In Eastern beliefs, everything is just a dream of Brahman. Eternal dream. That's, pretty much, #2 above. Just an entertainment.

Old 10-15-2021, 07:07 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
What do you believe God put us here for? Why did He create millions of mortals who would have to go through this confusing, frightening and sometimes very painful existence? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
It’s possible that we are the universe having a human experience...

Old 10-15-2021, 07:14 AM

22,233 posts, read 19,245,773 times
Quote:
we chose to be here. we were not "put here" by some agent. it is a choice we made.
so the question becomes instead "why did i choose to be here"

we have a choice and made the choice whether or not to incarnate and experience physical form as a human.
Katz (or anyone), How does your answer change then when it is "why did I choose to be here" instead of "what was i put here for"

i would be interested to hear.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-15-2021 at 08:13 AM..

Old 10-15-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It’s possible that we are the universe having a human experience...
But for a procreative reason!

Old 10-15-2021, 04:27 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
we chose to be here. we were not "put here" by some agent. it is a choice we made.
so the question becomes instead "why did i choose to be here"

we have a choice and made the choice whether or not to incarnate and experience physical form as a human.
Katz (or anyone), How does your answer change then when it is "why did I choose to be here" instead of "what was i put here for"

i would be interested to hear.
I agree that we chose to be here, but I believe we were given that choice by God, which is why I put it that way. It was His proposal and every one of us agreed that it was for the best. So, I would have to say that I chose to come here for the same reason that God chose to make that a possibility -- so that I could learn to love my fellow human beings as I already loved Him and that, in so doing, I could enjoy eternal life as He does.
(Sort of off-topic here, but do you actually believe we had a pre-mortal existence?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity