Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 12:58 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I doubt that, but you do fit the mold with your unwarranted fundamentalist dogma.
I'm not the one rolling my own theology, making it up as I go based on experiences and feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 01:08 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Oh, give it a rest you 2 -

Old 10-08-2021, 01:54 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It amazes me, how certain people believe they represent the creator of all that exists, and have the audacity to tell others what will or will not happen, after their present life is extinguished. They act as if, they are the center of the universe, and its controlling agent?
That sounds like you.

Old 10-08-2021, 03:10 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
Perhaps we could approach this from the point of view of how it could be that Jesus was crucified before the foundation of the world. How did this all begin? It began with God "making" Adam from "clay." After He did that, He breathed life into him.

I think Adam was picked out of the men who were alive at the time. He was the first to exhibit something that God had been directing human beings toward. He took him and breathed into him. That means that God sent Himself into Adam, in order for him to be fully at the level God was making man to be.

The union of God's Spirit and man, however, was not iron clad. If man ate from the tree, he would lose the spirit. God told him he would die. The Spirit is what gave man life. Yes, man could eat from the tree of life, but that wasn't what actually gave man life, if you will. It is the Spirit coming upon man that gave him life. I figure that must be a difference to the quality of life, not the exterior quality so much as the interior quality. Again, when Jesus was telling us why He came, He said He came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. So, this whole thing must be about quality. It seems obvious that has something to do, at the very least, with interior quality. It must be about gaining the fruits of the Spirit. Love, joy, peace, long suffering and the like must have an impact upon the soul. They must instruct us as to our comings and our goings, so to speak. The Spirit is important.

Well, when Adam ate from the tree, the Spirit left him. Yahweh went to a mountain in Saudi Arabia, apparently. Man struggled. Moses brought God and man back into some closer alignment, but it was nothing like the former. It was all about rules. It wasn't natural. First things first.

Then you had this man, Jesus. Once the Spirit fell upon Him, He would never leave Him. You couldn't say that about Adam. Jesus was, while being a man, formed out of the order out of which God's nature comes. Perhaps, as an aside, that is how He did not suffer from the fatherless doubts He may have had if He didn't enjoy that nature? He had faith! He could always see God. While being fully human, He also appealed to the Spirit in a manner that Adam never could. As a result, our last state will be greater than the former. I maintain that is what God was after all along.
I have never seen it expressed quite that way, and I can't say I agree 100% with everything you've said, but I do think you've made some very well-considered points. Thanks for contributing them.

Old 10-08-2021, 03:11 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Oh, give it a rest you 2 -
Yes, please!

Old 10-08-2021, 04:25 PM

1,757 posts, read 757,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm not the one rolling my own theology, making it up as I go based on experiences and feelings.
Don't we all interpret God/the Bible/Jesus' teachings/the divine in our own unique way (even if ever so slightly different) based on our unique experiences and feelings?

I don't see why I would be able to tell someone my interpretation is better than theirs...unless they were infringing upon others' inalienable rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is more than a little divine spark in you, QB. You are an exceptionally wise young woman.
I was just recently told for the hundredth time in the politics forum that I have a low IQ, am naïve, and have a bleeding heart. At least they didn't point out that I need spell checker for my posts!

Old 10-08-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Don't we all interpret God/the Bible/Jesus' teachings/the divine in our own unique way (even if ever so slightly different) based on our unique experiences and feelings?

I don't see why I would be able to tell someone my interpretation is better than theirs...unless they were infringing upon others' inalienable rights.

I was just recently told for the hundredth time in the politics forum that I have a low IQ, am naïve, and have a bleeding heart. At least they didn't point out that I need spell checker for my posts!
Yes we do

Some of the most intellectually gifted can have serious lack in common sense, It’s not all about what you have been given, a lot depends on how you use it

(Especially for a Christian)

Mat 10:16**Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves, therefore be wise as the serpents, and pure as the doves.
Mat 10:17**And take heed of men, for they will give you up to Sanhedrins, and in their synagogues they will scourge you,

Old 10-08-2021, 05:07 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:

It's been my experience intelligent people don't go around tooting their own horn or telling other people how unintelligent that person is. That's the mark of someone who is challenged in one way or another. Truly intelligent people tend to have an appreciation for how much they don't know.

Old 10-08-2021, 05:58 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:

Mystic recently questioned my education. I guess it happens to the best of us.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Mystic recently questioned my education. I guess it happens to the best of us.
It will, both the best and worst (do you mean you are the best?)

We all question each other to prove each other, what their/our beliefs are founded upon

1Co 11:19**For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
1Co 11:20**When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
1Co 11:21**For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
1Co 11:22**What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

This is not about literal, individual, physical hunger or drunken-ness though

G139***(Strong)
αἵρεσις
hairesis
hah'ee-res-is
From G138; properly a choice, that is, (specifically) a party or (abstractly) disunion. (“heresy” is the Greek word itself.): - heresy [which is the Greekord itself], sect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity