Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 11:03 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
But since the Bible is true and Jesus does speak of hell, and Jesus being God etc. , then they are the ones who are in error. Then what else is wrong ... hmmm

False predictions of the end of the world ... that's another indication of their own admission of not being Christian.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Bible Student movement aka JW's ////////////////////////////
1874 ... Charles Taze Russell " founder of the JW's ....The first prediction of the end of the world
1878 ... The second prediction of the end of the world from the Bible Student movement.
1881 ... The third prediction of the end of the world from the Bible Student movement.
1908 ... The fourth prediction of the end of the world from the Bible Student movement.
1914 ... "the battle of the great day of God Almighty… The date of the close of that "battle" is definitely marked in Scripture as October 1914. It is already in progress, its beginning dating from October, 1874."
1916 ... World War I would terminate in Armageddon and the rapture of the "saints".
1918 ... Another prediction of the end from the Bible Student movement.
1920 ... Christendom would go down as a system to oblivion and be succeeded by revolutionary governments. God would "destroy the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions......"

1925 ... Joseph F. Rutherford, ...we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth"

**1975 ... In 1966 Jehovah's Witnesses estimated it would be 6000 years since man's creation in the fall of 1975 and it would be "appropriate" for Christ's thousand-year reign to begin at that time. These claims were repeated throughout the late 1960s and in 1974 they reaffirmed there was just a short time remaining before "the wicked world's end".

**Oct 2, 1984 ... Another prediction of the end from the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Not predictions, showing you are cutting and pasting from a site that knows better.

Try reading the magazines you are quoting, not just the snippets you are given. Oh, when did JW's first say they were not prophesying and not Inspired to do so? It shows your "prediction" comments are false.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:05 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I don't see where he mocked God. I do believe he mocked fundamentalists. You confuse God with yourself and the bible. So sad. BTW, that little old lady story at the gas station made me smile Z.

BTW, does anyone besides me get tired of people using the phrase "the god of the bible".

Example: MY GOD IS THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. YOUR GOD IS NOT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TRUE GOD.

But what are you gonna do - people will continue to talk like that until Kingdom come.
They think the claim gives weight to their arguments, when they actually do not know the God of the Bible.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:12 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And JW's do not believe any works can get you into heaven. That is God's choice period.

Their belief is that a genuine faith has works. A dead faith has none as James noted.
Except they believe most will not end up in heavenI(only 144,000 do],but on Paradise Earth.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:22 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
They think the claim gives weight to their arguments, when they actually do not know the God of the Bible.
There is that over-used pesky phrase again: "The God of the Bible". So many people say: "They do not know the GOD of the BIBLE". Have you noticed that THE GOD OF THE BIBLE varies quite a lot from one part to another?

Old 06-11-2015, 11:25 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
I don't see where he mocked God. I do believe he mocked fundamentalists. You confuse God with yourself and the bible. So sad. BTW, that little old lady story at the gas station made me smile Z.

BTW, does anyone besides me get tired of people using the phrase "the god of the bible".

Example: MY GOD IS THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. YOUR GOD IS NOT THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TRUE GOD.

But what are you gonna do - people will continue to talk like that until Kingdom come.
1) "it is god-n-the-box's" .... is mocking and the wantonly not seeing it does not excuse your not seeing it.
Moderator cut: Discussing Moderator actions

2) Me repeating what God says is only repeating what God said ... nothing more.

3) Yes, we get tired of people being blasphemous by using the lower case letters by saying "the god of the bible" or that we worship the Bible

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-11-2015 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Deleted discussion of Mod actions

Old 06-11-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
There is that over-used pesky phrase again: "The God of the Bible". So many people say: "They do not know the GOD of the BIBLE". Have you noticed that THE GOD OF THE BIBLE varies quite a lot from one part to another?
It's varies quite a lot because many false prophets have gone out into the world
Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves." ~ Jesus

"At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people" ~ Jesus

Charles Taze Russell is one such false prophet that has deceived many people.

The only way to "test" such is to go back and compare it to scripture (the Bible) like the Bereans.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
1) "it is god-n-the-box's" .... is mocking and the wantonly not seeing it does not excuse your not seeing it.
Moderator cut: Quoted post edited.

2) Me repeating what God says is only repeating what God said ... nothing more.

3) Yes, we get tired of people being blasphemous by using the lower case letters by saying "the god of the bible" or that we worship the Bible
Well then I am without excuse.

Moderator cut: Leave the Moderators out, please.

You are seriously offended when people do not capitalize the word god? Sheesh!

The point of Z's "god-in-the-box" meme is to show that you have put god in a box because you think you know everything about him and condemn those who disagree with you. Seems like you would realize you can't put god in a little box like that.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-11-2015 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Removing discussions about Mods.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:48 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
A Jehovah witness, a Catholic and a Mormon each stand before God on judgement day.

God asks the same question for each one of them.... What did you DO?

I don't believe God concerns Himself with what label we decide to give ourselves, only on what we do.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
1]Well then I am without excuse.

2] Moderator cut: Quoted post edited

3] You are seriously offended when people do not capitalize the word god? Sheesh!

4] The point of Z's "god-in-the-box" meme is to show that you have put god in a box because you think you know everything about him and condemn those who disagree with you. Seems like you would realize you can't put god in a little box like that.
1] Correct ... people are without excuse (Romans 1:20), that includes you.
...... right down to every careless word being spoken \ thoughts in the heart.

2] Moderator cut: You are dangerously close to "discussing Moderator actions."

3] Yes .. and don't act naive when I point out the subtle hostility by those of your camp deliberately not capitalizing "G" when speaking about God knowing all to well that from the Christian community "G" when used refers to the one true God and "g" refers to false gods.

4] that again is a spirit which finally ends with a disrespecting and taunting God for being so "limited" and "small" that all there is just this Bible ?

We do not condemn when we repeat God's truthful Word ... it is God's Word that finally condemns if one openly disagree with what God said as found in the Bible.
As Jesus said:
Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me;
but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.” ~ Jesus, Luke 10:16

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-11-2015 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Removing disallowed content

Old 06-11-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
1] Correct ... people are without excuse (Romans 1:20), that includes you.
...... right down to every careless word being spoken \ thoughts in the heart.

3] Yes .. and don't act naive when I point out the subtle hostility by those of your camp deliberately not capitalizing "G" when speaking about God knowing all to well that from the Christian community "G" when used refers to the one true God and "g" refers to false gods.

We do not condemn when we repeat God's truthful Word ... it is God's Word that finally condemns if one openly disagree with what God said as found in the Bible.
As Jesus said:
Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me;
but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.” ~ Jesus, Luke 10:16
My camp? I don't have a camp. Deliberately? I usually capitalize God. But I am astonished that you are offended of someone does not. Surely you could give anyone the benefit of the doubt that it was a typo or just a habit. But no, you see evil everywhere. You are supremely suspicious and even think you can judge the intentions of the heart of people you have never known. That is really arrogant.

Then you change to using "We" - the language of excluding others and claim to have Jesus backing you up.. i.e. if I do not receive what you say, I do not receive Jesus. Bull-only sandwich there, bro. I'm pretty sure you are the most contentious person I have ever encountered on this forum. You run a close tie with Finn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity