Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you react?
Rage, rejection, and disown right away. 3 7.89%
Lecture ,counsel, and punish the child until he or she is straight. 2 5.26%
Remain neutral and pray for the best, but refuse to engage in the GLBT community. 13 34.21%
Support and understand the child's decision and remain accepting of the GLBT people. 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 04:12 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Actually, there is evidence of homosexual behavior in animals.

Read the following 700 page book:

Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity

Amazon.com: Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity (Stonewall Inn Editions): Bruce Bagemihl: Books

Tyger
By the beard of Zeus, they have infiltrated the scientific community too

But thanks for the find, I need to read this book.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:52 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
When you consider this question for your children, consider it for children of the world.

So many homosexual adolescents and adults are made to feel that the innate desires within the core of their being are unworthy due to the judgment of the "sin" that has become so prevalent in our society. You cannot separate the sexual desire of an individual from that individual anymore than you can separate love for your significant other from that individual.
I am sorry but we cannot be expected to accept sin because it is so prevalent in our society. You can seperate your sexual desire from yourself, if not then men would be screwing everything that gave them a positive look and there would be no monogomy. I understand that our society is so saturated with sexual overtones that it encourages promiscuity and immorality, but we must resist sin.

Quote:
So many good people must hide who they are and must deny the love they feel in their hearts for another who may well be their soul mate. They feel broken inside and like second-class citizens because of what they have endured at the hands of Christians who claim to only be judging an abstract "sin".
Like has been pointed out before, love is something you work on and not some emotional feeling, yes is can lead to or start with the emotional feelings, but true love is worked on mutually by both parties.

Quote:
Just as Bible verses were used to defend slavery and then were used to defend subjugation of women, today new verses are being selected to defend subjugation of homosexuals.
Fornication is a sin, Adultry is a sin, dishonoring God is a sin, homosexuality encompasses all these sins just as shacking up does.

Quote:
We, as a civilization, will overcome this suppression of freedom and liberty as we always do in our quest for a "more perfect union", but you can help by finding the love and liberty you would give a child to all others and you will begin to find the living Christ.
I am sorry but Christ never accepted sin, He forgave sins , but never justified them and aaccepted them. You are looking for a false Christ.

Quote:
I do not wish to debate this. I just ask you to live by the doctrine of Love and understand the horrific pain fundamentalists from all spiritual paths have caused so many on this issue.
So living by mankinds doctrine of love we would condemn someone to an eternity of hell because we loved them too much to tell them they were wrong. Now that is worse than any hatred being spewed towards gays or Christians.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Actually, there is evidence of homosexual behavior in animals.

Read the following 700 page book:

Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity

Amazon.com: Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity (Stonewall Inn Editions): Bruce Bagemihl: Books

Tyger
Okay you have proven animals can sin too.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:00 PM

756 posts, read 2,219,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I am sorry but we cannot be expected to accept sin because it is so prevalent in our society. You can seperate your sexual desire from yourself, if not then men would be screwing everything that gave them a positive look and there would be no monogomy. I understand that our society is so saturated with sexual overtones that it encourages promiscuity and immorality, but we must resist sin.

Like has been pointed out before, love is something you work on and not some emotional feeling, yes is can lead to or start with the emotional feelings, but true love is worked on mutually by both parties.

Fornication is a sin, Adultry is a sin, dishonoring God is a sin, homosexuality encompasses all these sins just as shacking up does.

I am sorry but Christ never accepted sin, He forgave sins , but never justified them and aaccepted them. You are looking for a false Christ.

So living by mankinds doctrine of love we would condemn someone to an eternity of hell because we loved them too much to tell them they were wrong. Now that is worse than any hatred being spewed towards gays or Christians.

I can't help but wonder what words Jesus would have for you with this kind of post?

Your words would not be the words Jesus would use if he were here, today.

Do you think Jesus would be pleased with your post?

Maybe, you should think about that?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:09 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Someone I know one time mentioned that he would disown his kids if they were gay.

Sad. Really.

I know everyone has their right to their opinions. I just can't look at that person the same way anymore.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:23 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Excuse me, but I have a hard time getting along with this 'not a choice' argument.

I often hear how people say that one gets gay because it's natural, something of a birth trait.

Biologically, since humans are mammals, I would be at least be somewhat convinced if I find homosexual behavior in other mammals, say the duck-billed platypus. Someone help me find a non-straight duck-billed platypus
As noted above, science has tons of evidence of homosexual behavior in mammals. My dog humping other dogs of the same sex included.

Didn't you ever know young children who you knew were gay? This is not something conditioned into people - at least not most.

It is popular to believe that homosexuality is emerging as a "trend" because of popular culture, but homosexuals have been present in every known civilization throughout history. Some embraced them, others despised them. But this is not a new fad. Perhaps the only thing new is that people are not hiding it as much anymore in our particular society.

Please. Find something important to care about like poverty or war or the genocide in Darfur. Leave people alone.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
I can't help but wonder what words Jesus would have for you with this kind of post?

He would say to all of us, "Go and sin no more".

Old 03-07-2009, 06:16 PM

756 posts, read 2,219,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
He would say to all of us, "Go and sin no more".
Well, I wonder if God would be happy with you how you try to spread his word...personally, I don't think so......

I think maybe you are missing the point of Gods Word and how He would like it spread....

but that's between you and Him.

Sorry, I'm not singling you out. I just don't like when people use Gods word for their own agendas.

Last edited by usmcfamily; 03-07-2009 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: added comment

Old 03-07-2009, 06:24 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post

He would say AMEN to Robin's post

Old 03-07-2009, 06:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
^^
...and another adolescent boy who cannot control who he is cries alone as a pariah in his own neighborhood.

You should be ashamed. There's plenty of "sins" to trouble yourself with that Jesus actually talked about - like letting the impoverished fend for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.