Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you react?
Rage, rejection, and disown right away. 3 7.89%
Lecture ,counsel, and punish the child until he or she is straight. 2 5.26%
Remain neutral and pray for the best, but refuse to engage in the GLBT community. 13 34.21%
Support and understand the child's decision and remain accepting of the GLBT people. 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:55 AM

243 posts, read 703,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Excuse me, but I have a hard time getting along with this 'not a choice' argument.

I often hear how people say that one gets gay because it's natural, something of a birth trait.

Biologically, since humans are mammals, I would be at least be somewhat convinced if I find homosexual behavior in other mammals, say the duck-billed platypus. Someone help me find a non-straight duck-billed platypus
yeas. pep in teens chose to be escluded from their familys.
pep chose to be beaten and judged by the comunety
pep chose tho be hated for their life and who they are.

realy if this was a choice no one wud chose to be hated

Old 03-08-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
IMy Mom told me when I was 15 that if I was gay I would no longer be their son.

if mom had told me such a thing when i was fifteen. i wud geet up. pack my things, walked out the door and never look back. never talk to her never seen her again. ever...

i do not respect any who outs such a meening att all. not even pep who meens this. tho most dosent say it so u cant know for sure.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'm really torn on this one. I believe that homosexuals are born homosexuals but I disapprove of the lifestyle many lead (gay bars, multiple partners, ect, etc, etc, (of course I disagree with this for straight people too)) so I have to say no to embracing the community.

Personally, I wonder why there is a gay community. If it's just a sexual preference, why do they need a separate community? Why segregate themselves? Personally, I'd prefer a community where people keep their sexual preferences, be they S&M, homosexuality, multiple partners, whatever, to themselves.

I love my kids no matter what, however, I can disapprove of the lifestyle they choose to lead and reject that. I would not reject them nor would I reject their partner if they were in a commited relationship. It is not my place to judge that. I would reject a loose lifestyle and refuse to accept a parade of partners being brought home for Thanksgiving but I'd do that if they were straight too.
i realy belewes that many perhaps most gay pep also dislike that part. many or most want a life with their loved ones. and live in family like way. (kids bit hard to geet for gays tho)

edit: hm perhaps i shud geet these replyes in to one with quoting seperated. but dont know how too. perhaps a mod can fiks that?

Last edited by Tjukken; 03-08-2009 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: added ask for help to put multy answere in to one

Old 03-08-2009, 09:15 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,703,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'm really torn on this one. I believe that homosexuals are born homosexuals but I disapprove of the lifestyle many lead (gay bars, multiple partners, ect, etc, etc, (of course I disagree with this for straight people too)) so I have to say no to embracing the community.

Personally, I wonder why there is a gay community. If it's just a sexual preference, why do they need a separate community? Why segregate themselves? Personally, I'd prefer a community where people keep their sexual preferences, be they S&M, homosexuality, multiple partners, whatever, to themselves.

I love my kids no matter what, however, I can disapprove of the lifestyle they choose to lead and reject that. I would not reject them nor would I reject their partner if they were in a commited relationship. It is not my place to judge that. I would reject a loose lifestyle and refuse to accept a parade of partners being brought home for Thanksgiving but I'd do that if they were straight too.
Ironically, the lifestyle you abhore exists because homosexuals have been subjected to oppression by Christians and mainstream society. Christians have created this culture of hedonism and decadence (though, if you don't like gay bars, I'm not sure where they're supposed to meet one another and socialize).

They have been made to feel unworthy of existing and have therefore sought likeminded people, formed a culture reclused from the mainstream, and acted like freshmen in college free from their oppressive parents for the first time. It is just a phase of rebellion at having freedom.

It only need be a passing phase if Christians would accept them and their sexuality. Many homosexuals who choose not to let the oppression of others affect their lives are in deeply loving, monogamous relationships and are very productive contributors to society. I know quite a few.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:34 AM

420 posts, read 1,236,473 times
I would be extremely heartbroken, and pray that the Lord delivers him from this lifestyle. I would always love them but I will never accept the gay lifestyle, just like I would not accept a fornicating lifestyle.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:29 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Miss Blue I respect you opnion but what does the bible say?
Fundy, do you make a distinction between same-sex attraction and homosexual activity? The Bible actualy says nothing about same-sex attraction. It's intimacy between two people of the same sex that is condemned. If you truly believe same-sex attraction is a choice, would you mind explaining how you decided to be heterosexual. How old were you when you first started considering homosexual attraction versus heterosexual attraction. What things went into your decision not to find someone of the same sex as you to be physically attractive (in a sexual way)? How long did it take you to weigh the pros and cons before you finally "decided" to be heterosexual? I'm curious because I am a woman who found I was attracted to little boys years before I learned that's how it was "supposed" to be. I kissed a little boy in the playground when I was five and he was six. Cute little Jerry. I'll never forget him. I didn't have any desire to kiss my friend, Diane, though.

By the way, as a hetersexual woman, I did have to make the decision to abstain from pre-marital sex. I couldn't help being physically attracted to my husband, but the choice to wait until we were married to sleep with him was something I had control over.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:42 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,646 times
Of course, the Gnostic Christian response: THERE IS NOTHING, IN AND OF IT'S SELF, WRONG WITH BEING GAY. Sure, Satan, our creator, does not like people being gay...but he also does not like people eating crab, listening to music, wearing bright colors, shaving their beards etc etc etc...funny, I have yet to see a Nicene Christian condemn women for showing their hair in public the way they condemn gays.

Anyway, yes, having a thousand sex partners can be spiritually damaging, but some straight people do that as well as some gay people. Simply loving someone of the same sex? Nothing wrong with it at all.

Keep in mind that Satan's laws, i.e., the Old Testament, also say that disobedient children should be stoned to death and that it is a sin to take a road-killed animal off the street. Most Nicenes, however, cherry pick what they want to follow from the laws of satan, so they often lack consistency.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:49 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,979,592 times
Is this where we paraphrase the little kids t-shirt and say "God doesn't make trash! (unless you are a f*g)"

Old 03-08-2009, 07:03 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,703,499 times
We're winning!!!

Love and Enlightenment eek out the lead 'round the last bend....

Go, gay, Go! Go, gay, Go!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjukken View Post
what about gay's who are married??
They are not married in the eyes of God because marriage is only between on man and one woman. Now if a person who has gay tendencies is married to someone of the opposite sex then so long as they are faithful to their spouse and deny their same sex temptation then they will be blessed by the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity