Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 04:22 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where in scripture does it say that he gave us free will?...
You are perhaps aware of some kind of being that can be dependent and devoid of free will who is ALSO capable of exerting Dominion over anything???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 06:53 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,445,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Mike and sciotamicks will one day
see these things too and all who oppose 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11.

Eusebius
Eusebius,

We don't oppose the scriptures at all, we just think you and many others, have interpreted it wrong....as we have shown time and again. But like I always say, I am not here to convince you, as it is obvious you are just as stubborn as I in belief, but the view you present, must be opposed and contended with, so that others, can rightly discern what they believe to be true, by reading the scriptures. There is one correct view, whether it is your or mine, is left for God to decide now isn't it? Man is in error. God is not.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,093,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are perhaps aware of some kind of being that can be dependent and devoid of free will who is ALSO capable of exerting Dominion over anything???
The scriptures say we are either enslaved to righteousness or sin...it also says they we are unable to do anything meriting salvation...it also says that we cannot come to Christ unless the Father draws us...if we are enslaved to one or the other, how can one say that one has free will then?...

Old 03-01-2010, 08:38 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,999,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Eusebius,

Who cares if I used a study from another site...and secondly...that isn't the site I used LOL...research further. Is that all you have got on me?

Who cares? Obviously I do. Had you done something like that in college without giving proper sources for your material (even if you had permission to quote them) you would be in big trouble as they would get you for plagiarism. The least you could have done is to say you quoted the work with permission from so and son and put the words in quotes. Since you didn't do that it only proves you are either
  1. ignorant as to how to do research
  2. you thought no one would search out your work and find you plagiarized.
  3. you thought we'd think you were smarter than you actually are by posting all that without quotes.
Quote:
sciotamicks wrote:
It's called research.....you should try it sometime.
It is puerile statements like that which make me think you are a tiro.

Quote:
sciota wrote:
And secondly...Thelo is the word used in 1 Tim 2:4
I know, that's the whole point! "God will (thelo) have all mankind to be saved because Christ ransomed all" (1 Timothy 2:4-6).

"God doeth His will (thelo) in the armies of the heavens and with those abiding on the earth and none can stay His hand and say to Him What doest Thou?" (Daniel 4:35).

Quote:
Here are my sources for the simple post I threw up for you to ponder on:

Sam Frost
Fourpoint Square church sermons
William Bell
Lorraine Day
David Duncan
Duncan Mckenzie
Matthew Henry
And the list goes on......

You see Eusebius, I don't have to source everyone, when it is called research, unless I am making money off of it, then I do have to credit and source. Study some Copyright Law 101 and you will see this, but should have I expected that from you? I guess not.
When you don't source everyone for your quotes you are in violation of the TOS of this web site. So, yes you do have to source everyone you quote. This has nothing to do with copyright law but has to do with giving credit to whom credit is due and plagiarism.

"God will have all mankind (literally "all humans") to be saved . . . because . . . Christ gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Tim.2:4-6).

Believe it. Quit fighting God and Christ on this.

"God IS the Saviour of all mankind, especially them that believe. These things command and teach" (1 Tim.4:10,11).

Quit teaching that "God will NOT save all mankind even though Christ ransomed all"

Quit teaching that "God is NOT the Saviour of all mankind, just believers."

Old 03-01-2010, 12:16 PM

Eusebius,

Daniel 4:35 kai pantes oi katoikountes thn ghn ws ouden elogisqhsan kai kata to qelhma autou poiei en th dunamei tou ouranou kai en th katoikia ths ghs kai ouk estin os antipoihsetai th ceiri autou kai erei autw ti epoihsas

Looks like Thelema to me.

I suggest a quick study on all the wills, bith Old and New Testament here based on Eph 1:11-12:

http://www.preceptaustin.org/ephesians_111-12.htm

Last edited by sciotamicks; 03-01-2010 at 01:31 PM..

Old 03-01-2010, 01:29 PM

qelhma is just another form of the word THELO as is THELEI in 1 Timothy 2:4.

It is like we use "kitten" and "kitty," or "Sun," "Sunny," "Sunnier," "Sunniest," "go" and "going" It is what is called an inflected language.

These are all the forms of THELO
THELO (will) verb, present, active, indicative 1st person singular
THELEMA (will) as noun, accusative, singular
THELEMA (will) as noun, nominative, singular
THELEMATI (will) as noun, dative, singular
THELEMATOS (will) as noun, genitive, singular
ETHELESA (I will) verb, aorist active indicative 1st person singular
ETHELESAMEN (we will) verb, aorist, active indicative, 1st person plural
ETHELESAN (they will) verb, aorist, active, indicative 3rd person plural
ETHELESAS (you will) verb, aorist, active indicative 2nd person singular
ETHELESATE (will) verb, aorist, active, indicative, 2nd person plural

Remember, "God will have all mankind (literally "all humans") to be saved because Christ gave Himself a ransom for all."

In Ephesians 1:11 "God is working all in accord with the counsel of his will "thelematos."

Dan 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will ( qelhma ) in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

If God was just trying to get things done in the army of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth, according to a desire but couldn't actually pull it off then it would not make sense to say "none can stay His hand."

Neither does it make sense that God just wants to save all mankind but know He won't get what He wants because Christ ransomed all mankind. I mean, how much sense does that make that since all mankind have been ransomed and so therefore MUST BE FREED from sin and death that God would just want to try to save them but can't. No site can disprove this.

Last edited by Eusebius; 03-01-2010 at 02:55 PM..

Old 03-01-2010, 01:32 PM

Read the site I just offered you above. Your claim once again, has been disproven.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Read the site I just offered you above. Your claim once again, has been disproven.
Any site which goes against God saving all humans because Christ ransomed all must be wrong.

Let us frame your argument in accord with the site you want us to read:

God desires to save all mankind (but He just can't seem to pull it off because man's pesky little wills are much greater than God) because Christ ransomed all (and all, according to the Bible, who are ransomed must be freed).

So let's reason your unreasonable theology:

All humans or animals who are ransomed must be freed from either bondage or freed from being sacrificed and let go. The bible says so.

Seeing this is so, Christ ransomed all mankind. Therefore all mankind must be freed from bondage to sin and death into God's salvation. But wait! According to sciotamicks theology, God just wants or desires to save all mankind. So even though all mankind are freed from sin and death into God's salvation, God just desires to save them.

In the words of Elmer Fudd: "Something is verwy verwy scwoowy wiff sciotamicks theology!"

Old 03-02-2010, 11:02 AM

Eusebius,

From my experience of your studies and assumptions, I will take his words over your anyday. You are way out of your league. Believe what you want, but until you spent some time studying the language, which it is quite obvious you haven't solely based on your Dan 4:35 synopsis alone, your approach in theology is elementary, which would be an understatement to say the least.

Have fun and stay busy in the word!

Last edited by sciotamicks; 03-02-2010 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 03-02-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Eusebius,

From my experience of your studies and assumptions, I will take his words over your anyday. You are way out of your league. Believe what you want, but until you spent some time studying the language, which it is quite obvious you haven't solely based on your Dan 4:35 synopsis alone, your approach in theology is elementary, which would be an understatement to say the least.

Have fun and stay busy in the word!
Your reply reminds me of how Proverbs 12:15a and Proverbs 27:22 relates directly to you.

Just remember:
Ransom = Freed
Freed = Saved

"God will have all humans to be saved because Christ gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Tim.2:4-6).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity