Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 08:01 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,418,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
That Jesus is the the Way and the Truth and the Life . . .and I cast him aside to do My Way, My Truth . . . and I know that gate is narrow . . I've already been giving faith . . .which is a gift . . . but once we have this Faith, Jesus talked much about what we need to do with it . . . . . and I am lazy.
God asked for people to stand in the gap, he found no one, so he destroyed . . . God is Love, but forgetting churches and pastors . . . God has a plan for us . . . . I have problems with plans, planning, etc. He said that No liars, adulterers, etc. . would be with him in heaven right??

Didn't he say the wicked, those practicing witchcraft wouldn't get in . . . why DID HE TELL US WE CAN GET ETERNAL LIFE AND THAT WE ALL WOULD BECAUSE HE IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE told us the gate is narrow . . . He told us specifics about who is not getting in.

WHY didn't he tell us that he loves us so much . . . that we will reign with him forever . . . instead he says, Here are the patience of the saints . . those who keep his commandments, who endure.

Why didn't he tell us that he would clean us up, so we can all be in heaven . . . I struggle with my walk everyday . . . I see nothing in the scriptures that God is gonna be okay with EVERYONE and EVERYONE is granted eternal life.

I want to believe this more than you know . . .

I am studying UR . . . and WANT SO MUCH to find truth in IT . . . but it's not ringing for me . . . . I would have a lot less stress?

I eat when I'm stressed . . and just found out that stressed is dessert spelled backwards . . . . .blessings, Lifesigns64
lifesigns, your concerns, and many similar concerns are addressed here
Bible Threatenings Explained
and here
Quick Find: Links to Information on Hell and Universal Salvation

Last edited by rodgertutt; 09-17-2009 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-17-2009, 08:09 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,968,432 times
Quote:
That Jesus is the the Way and the Truth and the Life . . .and I cast him aside to do My Way, My Truth . . . and I know that gate is narrow . . I've already been giving faith . . .which is a gift . . . but once we have this Faith, Jesus talked much about what we need to do with it . . . . . and I am lazy.
Ok, I see your point, but then again, what capacity is there in reality to "get it". Which teaching do you listen to? Which church do you go to? Which doctrine do you stick to? See the problem already? (that a human problem by the way) If this God created some place where there is some chance to end up there with no hope then we are all screwed. We cannot possibly measure up to the totality of the tenants of this conditional scenario. While people can chime in and state their case, there can always be a trump card, always.

So, what would happen is that you would be convinced that a God such as that is righteous, when He is not, you would be pissed off because you failed to meet something that couldn't have been intended for success in the first place.
Quote:

God asked for people to stand in the gap, he found no one, so he destroyed . . . God is Love, but forgetting churches and pastors . . . God has a plan for us . . . . I have problems with plans, planning, etc. He said that No liars, adulterers, etc. . would be with him in heaven right??
But what filter makes that destruction the permanent removal of who you are that HE CREATED? That is religion talking, of course there are no liars in heaven, but what religion squeezes out of you is your inherant worth in how God created you to ultimatly be. It can be pretty much established that everyone has lied at least once? I'll raise my hand right now, I lie if I think the situation demands it to keep myself out of trouble. Now, I fully expect to pay for that weakness someday somehow, but does that mean I am eternally damned in any capacity, or will God TEACH me righteousness even if I suffer dearly to learn it? THAT is the difference between seeing spiritual things and religious nonsense.

Quote:

Didn't he say the wicked, those practicing witchcraft wouldn't get in . . . why DID HE TELL US WE CAN GET ETERNAL LIFE AND THAT WE ALL WOULD BECAUSE HE IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE told us the gate is narrow . . . He told us specifics about who is not getting in.
That is seen with bias of the negative. Try it with the bias of Gods love and all his attributes acting together as one. Is Gods wrath that is upon someone apart from love? I do not see any evidence of that. Of course the gate is narrow, and it is difficult to find, that does not truly mean some will NEVER find it. What keeps God from TEACHING US until WE find it?

Quote:

WHY didn't he tell us that he loves us so much . . . that we will reign with him forever . . . instead he says, Here are the patience of the saints . . those who keep his commandments, who endure.
This is the misunderstanding of the term "freewill" or "free will" in alignment with scripture. We make choices, this does not mean we will not all learn to keep his commandments. We HAVE to see the examples in scripture.
We will give an account for our lives, certainly. The theif on the cross, was given a promise. What did he endure? What commandments did he keep? He was nailed to a cross, he couldn't do anything.
Quote:

Why didn't he tell us that he would clean us up, so we can all be in heaven . . . I struggle with my walk everyday . . . I see nothing in the scriptures that God is gonna be okay with EVERYONE and EVERYONE is granted eternal life.
Well, in what light do you see God, as a mean angry human, or a powerful loving father that never gives up on you till your pure?

All I see is teachings based upon case building to a particulat train of thought and compartmentalized wrongly.

For instance, God hated esau, ok, sure he hated esau. But that is static to words, not in alignment with Gods totality. How do you explain God loving and hating having wrath, righteousness, justice and jealosy all as one all at the same time? You can't with tradictional teachings because it doesn't even occur to hardly anyone. So if God does that all at the same time then what is esau's fate? The spirit gives the answer. It will come to you.
Quote:

I am studying UR . . . and WANT SO MUCH to find truth in IT . . . but it's not ringing for me . . . . I would have a lot less stress?

I eat when I'm stressed . . and just found out that stressed is dessert spelled backwards . . . . .blessings, Lifesigns64

You really do not have to study UR, honestly, I accept that label because what I believe aligns with the basic tenants of it. There is disagreement in that side of things, just like there is in traditional Christianity. UR has a collection of teachers and they are not to be "followed" and they are not 100% correct any more than anyone else is.

It is all about God, focusing upon him and seeing past the physical and seeing the spiritual unity of all that God is alltogether at the same time, eternal and resident, not hindered by mans contraints of time, assertions, beliefs, emotions, fears or carnality.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,565,676 times
Quote:

I went to sunday school for my entire childhood. I think I missed a couple for sicknesses but other than that I attended every one. There were certain stories and songs we were told and sang.
Songs:
He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

Jesus Loves the Little Children:

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world; Red and yellow, black and white,
They are precious in his sight; Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Jesus died for all the children,
They are precious in his sight; Jesus died the little children of the world.

Jesus rose for all the children,
They are precious in his sight; Jesus arose the little children of the world.

Jesus wants the little children,
To be careful what they do; Honor father, mother dear
Keep their hearts so full of cheer; Then he'll take them home to glory by and by.

Jesus Loves Me

My God is so Great

Lyrics found at: Song Lyrics and Melodies at Sunday School Sources: Free Bible lessons, review activities, worksheets, songs, trading cards, and ideas for teaching children in primary and junior classes.

There seemed to be no conditions on God's love and our salvation but as I grew older I was introduced to the "Hell Concept" and I had a hard time with it in my own heart.

These things we say and sing but we forget what they mean. You say "our sins are washed away by the blood of the Lamb" well what makes christians so special? We are sinners just like the rest of the world!
God wants us all and he will have us all. Even the lost sheep will be gathered by the shepherd. Its the GOOD news! Not the bad and good news!

The gratitude you would have if UR is true is the love that encompasses all. God's Love. It is undeserved but welcome. It seems too good to be true. But that's God for ya!

Old 09-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Default Good job phazelwood!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Ok, I see your point, but then again, what capacity is there in reality to "get it". Which teaching do you listen to? Which church do you go to? Which doctrine do you stick to? See the problem already? (that a human problem by the way) If this God created some place where there is some chance to end up there with no hope then we are all screwed. We cannot possibly measure up to the totality of the tenants of this conditional scenario. While people can chime in and state their case, there can always be a trump card, always.

So, what would happen is that you would be convinced that a God such as that is righteous, when He is not, you would be pissed off because you failed to meet something that couldn't have been intended for success in the first place.

But what filter makes that destruction the permanent removal of who you are that HE CREATED? That is religion talking, of course there are no liars in heaven, but what religion squeezes out of you is your inherant worth in how God created you to ultimatly be. It can be pretty much established that everyone has lied at least once? I'll raise my hand right now, I lie if I think the situation demands it to keep myself out of trouble. Now, I fully expect to pay for that weakness someday somehow, but does that mean I am eternally damned in any capacity, or will God TEACH me righteousness even if I suffer dearly to learn it? THAT is the difference between seeing spiritual things and religious nonsense.

That is seen with bias of the negative. Try it with the bias of Gods love and all his attributes acting together as one. Is Gods wrath that is upon someone apart from love? I do not see any evidence of that. Of course the gate is narrow, and it is difficult to find, that does not truly mean some will NEVER find it. What keeps God from TEACHING US until WE find it?

This is the misunderstanding of the term "freewill" or "free will" in alignment with scripture. We make choices, this does not mean we will not all learn to keep his commandments. We HAVE to see the examples in scripture.
We will give an account for our lives, certainly. The theif on the cross, was given a promise. What did he endure? What commandments did he keep? He was nailed to a cross, he couldn't do anything.

Well, in what light do you see God, as a mean angry human, or a powerful loving father that never gives up on you till your pure?

All I see is teachings based upon case building to a particulat train of thought and compartmentalized wrongly.

For instance, God hated esau, ok, sure he hated esau. But that is static to words, not in alignment with Gods totality. How do you explain God loving and hating having wrath, righteousness, justice and jealosy all as one all at the same time? You can't with tradictional teachings because it doesn't even occur to hardly anyone. So if God does that all at the same time then what is esau's fate? The spirit gives the answer. It will come to you.

You really do not have to study UR, honestly, I accept that label because what I believe aligns with the basic tenants of it. There is disagreement in that side of things, just like there is in traditional Christianity. UR has a collection of teachers and they are not to be "followed" and they are not 100% correct any more than anyone else is.

It is all about God, focusing upon him and seeing past the physical and seeing the spiritual unity of all that God is alltogether at the same time, eternal and resident, not hindered by mans contraints of time, assertions, beliefs, emotions, fears or carnality.
Phazelwood, I wish I'd said all that.
GOOD JOB!!

Here's another link that responds to various concerns that I found very helpful too.
Good news of God's love for all mankind - find it here at Tentmaker

Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 PM

Default I love d. Buchanan's perception of god's love!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I went to sunday school for my entire childhood. I think I missed a couple for sicknesses but other than that I attended every one. There were certain stories and songs we were told and sang.
Songs:
He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

Jesus Loves the Little Children:

Jesus loves the little children
They are precious in his sight; Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Jesus died for all the children,
They are precious in his sight; Jesus died the little children of the world.

Jesus rose for all the children,
They are precious in his sight; Jesus arose the little children of the world.

Jesus wants the little children,
To be careful what they do; Honor father, mother dear
Keep their hearts so full of cheer; Then he'll take them home to glory by and by.

Jesus Loves Me

My God is so Great

Lyrics found at: Song Lyrics and Melodies at Sunday School Sources: Free Bible lessons, review activities, worksheets, songs, trading cards, and ideas for teaching children in primary and junior classes.

There seemed to be no conditions on God's love and our salvation but as I grew older I was introduced to the "Hell Concept" and I had a hard time with it in my own heart.

These things we say and sing but we forget what they mean. You say "our sins are washed away by the blood of the Lamb" well what makes christians so special? We are sinners just like the rest of the world!
God wants us all and he will have us all. Even the lost sheep will be gathered by the shepherd. Its the GOOD news! Not the bad and good news!

The gratitude you would have if UR is true is the love that encompasses all. God's Love. It is undeserved but welcome. It seems too good to be true. But that's God for ya!
Well said katjonjj!!

I LOVE D. BUCHANAN'S PERCEPTION OF GOD'S LOVE!!

Love Divine - by D. Buchanan

“FROM the lips of love's apostle, exiled for love on Patmos' lonely isle, there sounds out in the saying, "God is Love," the most concise and comprehensive utterance in all language, the most sublime declaration of truth by mortals ever heard. These three one-syllable words reveal the character of God and make it to be known that behind things, as the source and fountain-head from which they spring, there throbs the one great heart of infinite, unchanging love.

Although, to finite understanding, life may meanwhile seem a tangled skein, and providence a confusion, yet when all the processes of Love have run their course, then it will be seen that the history of the ages, the story of the race, can be written with one small word, the term of infinite fullness that tells us what God is.

"God is Light" and "God is Love." Light, in passing through a prism, is separated into its component parts and appears as the seven colors of the rainbow. Each separate shade is a manifestation of light, and, although no one color in itself is light, yet without it light would not be what it is. So, too, the invisible love-light of Deity, passing through the prism of divine providence, appears as mercy, as righteousness, as goodness, as power.

The operation of each attribute is a manifestation of love, and although no one quality in itself is love, yet without it, love would not be what it is. As the blue is in contrast to the red in the rainbow hues, so righteousness is to mercy in the spectrum of love. When the mercy manifestation of itself accomplishes God's purpose, then mercy is glad that righteousness was not required, for "mercy rejoiceth against judgment." Yet the heart that moves the mercy hand is the same heart that, if need be, moves the judgment hand, and that heart is God, and God is Love.

God loves just because He is Love, yet Love's hope in loving is to create and call forth love; hence Love's victory is love reciprocated, love returned. So it is that Love, mingling mercy with righteousness, moves ever on, longsuffering and kind, but failing never, until at length the creature heart responds in fullness, to love unbounded and divine.

And when, at length, humanity, redeemed, ransomed, transformed by the divine from which it sprang, has thus taken on the likeness of Love's perfect Man, the Man of Galilee and Golgotha, then Love, the Alpha, will likewise have become the Omega of all things, the atmosphere in which we live and move and have our being, and the universe will be flooded with divine affection.”

Old 09-17-2009, 08:45 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,565,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Well said katjonjj!!

I LOVE D. BUCHANAN'S PERCEPTION OF GOD'S LOVE!!

Love Divine - by D. Buchanan

“FROM the lips of love's apostle, exiled for love on Patmos' lonely isle, there sounds out in the saying, "God is Love," the most concise and comprehensive utterance in all language, the most sublime declaration of truth by mortals ever heard. These three one-syllable words reveal the character of God and make it to be known that behind things, as the source and fountain-head from which they spring, there throbs the one great heart of infinite, unchanging love.

Although, to finite understanding, life may meanwhile seem a tangled skein, and providence a confusion, yet when all the processes of Love have run their course, then it will be seen that the history of the ages, the story of the race, can be written with one small word, the term of infinite fullness that tells us what God is.

"God is Light" and "God is Love." Light, in passing through a prism, is separated into its component parts and appears as the seven colors of the rainbow. Each separate shade is a manifestation of light, and, although no one color in itself is light, yet without it light would not be what it is. So, too, the invisible love-light of Deity, passing through the prism of divine providence, appears as mercy, as righteousness, as goodness, as power.

The operation of each attribute is a manifestation of love, and although no one quality in itself is love, yet without it, love would not be what it is. As the blue is in contrast to the red in the rainbow hues, so righteousness is to mercy in the spectrum of love. When the mercy manifestation of itself accomplishes God's purpose, then mercy is glad that righteousness was not required, for "mercy rejoiceth against judgment." Yet the heart that moves the mercy hand is the same heart that, if need be, moves the judgment hand, and that heart is God, and God is Love.

God loves just because He is Love, yet Love's hope in loving is to create and call forth love; hence Love's victory is love reciprocated, love returned. So it is that Love, mingling mercy with righteousness, moves ever on, longsuffering and kind, but failing never, until at length the creature heart responds in fullness, to love unbounded and divine.

And when, at length, humanity, redeemed, ransomed, transformed by the divine from which it sprang, has thus taken on the likeness of Love's perfect Man, the Man of Galilee and Golgotha, then Love, the Alpha, will likewise have become the Omega of all things, the atmosphere in which we live and move and have our being, and the universe will be flooded with divine affection.”
Powerful!!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:59 AM

9 posts, read 10,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
EXCUSE ME.....but just who do you think you are, mikeyd1975?
Your intimidation is not working one bit. And don't even turn your guilt back upon me....you did not have to reply to my post. You made the conscious choice to go there accusing and spoke your own distorted views.
By the way this is a public forum did you forget that! And I can post whenever, however, whatever I choose....got it!!

And let me tell you right now......when I see LIES such as what universalism teaches, I will stand up and speak against it whenever and there is nothing you can do about it.... And YOUR intimidation will not stop me!
Yes it is a public forum, but if noone can dispute your views without it being a personal attack then on the same hand you are personally attacking people when you dispute their views. What I did was dispute your views and your tone. If that is a personal attack when directed at you then by your OWN standard it is a personal attack when you do it to someone else.

I never said you couldn't post on here. what I said was your gonna get what you give. You are not respectful so do not expect me to treat you with respect.

BTW you never did answer my question How do you know that the doctrine you originally received was not the distortion?

I'll continue to ask this question of you everytime you post on any UR thread until I get an answer other that "I feel it in my heart" or something equivalent. EVERY PERSON ON HERE is seriously studying the word and the pronouncements of the great and all-wise LATTE CHIC still have to be backed up with reason and scripture like anybody elses.

So finally will you answer the question or hurl more attacks at me that can clearly be applied to the way you have treated EVERYONE who disagrees with you -- not just me.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:56 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,725,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd1975 View Post
Yes it is a public forum, but if noone can dispute your views without it being a personal attack then on the same hand you are personally attacking people when you dispute their views. What I did was dispute your views and your tone. If that is a personal attack when directed at you then by your OWN standard it is a personal attack when you do it to someone else.

I never said you couldn't post on here. what I said was your gonna get what you give. You are not respectful so do not expect me to treat you with respect.

BTW you never did answer my question How do you know that the doctrine you originally received was not the distortion?

I'll continue to ask this question of you everytime you post on any UR thread until I get an answer other that "I feel it in my heart" or something equivalent. EVERY PERSON ON HERE is seriously studying the word and the pronouncements of the great and all-wise LATTE CHIC still have to be backed up with reason and scripture like anybody elses.

So finally will you answer the question or hurl more attacks at me that can clearly be applied to the way you have treated EVERYONE who disagrees with you -- not just me.
LOL....who made you the god police, fruit inspector!!! To funny!

That's right, no one is going to condemn and tell me that my faith is forced fed to me and that it is distorted.....that the Holy Spirit didn't not teach me what He wanted me to know...
But actually if you really look at and read in the scripture it is not me your disputing, it is Jesus Christ.

How do you know that the doctrine you originally received was not the distortion?

Because I know with all my heart it's not distorted, I know what He brought me from and the witness of His Holy Spirit of the truth of His promises of those who repent of their sin through Jesus Christ......and even if I did share it with you, you would rejected it so why even go there with you!

Do what ever you must.....like I said, it doesn't matter what you think and I truly do not care about your opinion. Especially one who listens to the lies of the universalist god.

But one day you'll give an answer for the things you have chosen in your life to do......and those you have misled with the false teaching of universalism.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:01 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd1975 View Post

This post sounds very familiar to ones i have read on here before.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,156,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post

But one day you'll give an answer for the things you have chosen in your life to do......and those you have misled with the false teaching of universalism.

So are we in danger of losing our salvation if we preach the wrong thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity