Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 10:41 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Nobody is putting words in your mouth , if someone disagrees with you and challenges you , you get upset.

First of all bring up any post where i have said anything of the sort , this is very easy to do just go to my profile and find once where i have slandered a person , if you think i am being nasty because i have no time for the organized christian church system ,then you are sadly missing it.

The fact of the matter is you have been called upon it at least a few times to my knowledge about accusing people of being nasty and unloving just because they disagree with you.

Read your own posts and see what you have referred Universalists and UR to be .

I'm straight John Bull when it comes to the organized church system.

You shouldn't give it unless you can take the same coming back at you.

To cap it all off you are one of a few who is always talking the love of God to be conditional , yet you have the nerve to call those who disagree with you unloving.
Yeah, I get upset when there is no reason to say such things as some of you have a habit of saying to other's with out thinking.....it has nothing to do with challenging what I believe.....even this post of your's now, you can just read and feel your anger....

I did bring some of your post up the other day when you said you never judge another and posted them and the moderators deleted them.....

I know what I have said about universalism and I'll say it again.....it is heresy! I don't care what you think pcamps! And I will keep saying it! That is why I get the nasty replies and then they turn, just like you are doing now, it on me....
I have been taking it four two years...pcamps! And this last year I have gotten tired of the awful replies and started coming back!!

OK...pcamps be ready! You challenge my faith you better be ready!

I've gone overboard with being considerate with you and couple others with your replies and a lot of them I have just walked off and left your nasty post and never replied to it.

And yes, you are putting words in my mouth. Besides you have been told by many to knock it off with your post.....but you keep ignoring what other's tell you.

NO, I am not missing no point with your church hate, you take it out all the time on other's your hate for the church and you need to read your own post. Better yet you need to forgive and repent of you sin of hatred.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:43 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times
Default WHY I BELIEVE Latte'Chic's beliefs are the "heresy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I never has been a popular thing to speak out against heresy!! And of course they that walk in the heresy are going to get very angry and agressive. They don't want to hear the truth....they want their itchy ears tickled. And I will not enable that!!
WHY I BELIEVE THAT Latte'Chic's beliefs are the "heresy."

In additon to the proof on my previous post that most Christians closest the the time of Jesus believed in universal salvation (and like I pointed out, they were reading the Bible in its original language), here is more proof that it is what you believe that is the heresy Latte'Chic, according to a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible.

THE SCRIPTURE TEACHES UNIVERSAL SALVATION
http://richardwaynegarganta.com/Unde...Part%20One.htm
(link repaired)

and

A great introductory series to ultimate reconciliation. J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic. Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid Biblical perspective. Highly Recommended!
THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD SERIES
http://www.godfire.net/eby/saviour_of_the_world.html

THE ITCHING EARS OF THE ETERNAL TORMENTORS

All eternal tormentors have "itching ears" that like to be scratched by listening to sermons that tell them that only people who believe like they do will avoid suffering forever in hell.

The people who want to keep believing that the Bible proves that everyone deserves to suffer forever in hell just because they were born into this world, (Calvinism), or because they don’t make the “right” choice before it’s “too late,” or that God created beings with a will so strong that they can irreversibly choose themselves into a state of eternal torment (Arminianism) - these people will keep believing it because they want to.

But people who cannot love such a god, will examine the contents of the two links that I posted above.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 09-18-2009 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm straight John Bull when it comes to the organized church system.
I'm with you on that brother...I spent years and years sitting in ET churches and that is the place where you find the most hypocrits. They are paying up their insurance policy as I was told by one member. And I'm not saying that everyone who goes to institutionalized church is a hypocrit but you will find more in the church than anywhere because they don't know, study or even understand who God really is...they just listen to what others tell them.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:53 PM

159 posts, read 230,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
because they don't know, study or even understand who God really is...they just listen to what others tell them.
I agree completely. People rely on man instead of God and it will be a rude awakening one day.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:58 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
I agree completely. People rely on man instead of God and it will be a rude awakening one day.
Amen and pass the Cheetos to that

Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Yeah, I get upset when there is no reason to say such things as some of you have a habit of saying to other's with out thinking.....it has nothing to do with challenging what I believe.....even this post of your's now, you can just read and feel your anger....

I did bring some of your post up the other day when you said you never judge another and posted them and the moderators deleted them.....

I know what I have said about universalism and I'll say it again.....it is heresy! I don't care what you think pcamps! And I will keep saying it! That is why I get the nasty replies and then they turn, just like you are doing now, it on me....
I have been taking it four two years...pcamps! And this last year I have gotten tired of the awful replies and started coming back!!

OK...pcamps be ready! You challenge my faith you better be ready!

I've gone overboard with being considerate with you and couple others with your replies and a lot of them I have just walked off and left your nasty post and never replied to it.

And yes, you are putting words in my mouth. Besides you have been told by many to knock it off with your post.....but you keep ignoring what other's tell you.

NO, I am not missing no point with your church hate, you take it out all the time on other's your hate for the church and you need to read your own post. Better yet you need to forgive and repent of you sin of hatred.
Please prove any of your accusations . Who are these many people who have told me to knock it off ? .
Like i and others have said to you , it's alright for you to say what you want especially concerning UR and universalists , but you get upset when your beliefs are challenged .
Then you defend ET and God's limited love and then turn around and call those who believe love covers all things and there is no ET as heretics.
You really need to back up your accusations with proof , and we all know who the accuser of the brethren is .
Going over board with being considerate , i actually think a lot of posters have been so with you .
Please do not hate me just because i challenge your beliefs and it rubs you up the wrong way.
I actually try very hard not to respond to your posts, knowing you get upset when challenged about what you believe but i end up doing so when you respond to mine .

Old 09-18-2009, 01:07 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
"rude awakening" in regards to the old life they led. You know this goes for believers and unbelievers, because I don't believe you need to believe. There is no condition on God's outpouring of love and so there can be no ET hell. Everyone is welcome and able to return God's love but it is His loving us that gives us salvation.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
"rude awakening" in regards to the old life they led. You know this goes for believers and unbelievers, because I don't believe you need to believe. There is no condition on God's outpouring of love and so there can be no ET hell. Everyone is welcome and able to return God's love but it is His loving us that gives us salvation.
Where does the bible teach that? I read in John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". He says if you do not believe you will die in sin a.k.a. not go to heaven. Or if I might paraphrase, "if you do not believe you are going to hell".

Old 09-18-2009, 01:48 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times
Default Everyone who dies in their sins will be saved too

Quote:
Where does the bible teach that? I read in John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". He says if you do not believe you will die in sin a.k.a. not go to heaven. Or if I might paraphrase, "if you do not believe you are going to hell".
Everyone who dies in their sins without Jesus will receive the appropriate amount of kolasis aionion which means age-during corrective chastisement and then, according to the Bible, they ALL will be saved too.
GOD WILL HAVE ALL MEN BE SAVED: I Will Draw All Men Unto Me; God's Oath - To Save All; The Justification Of All Mankind; Mercy Upon All; Why Teach Salvation For All?

People who want to keep believing in eternal torment for people who die in their sins without Jesus will not read that article.

Regarding the most common argument that the same word for "punishment" is also used for "life" see the following:
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”

Old 09-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Everyone who dies in their sins without Jesus will receive the appropriate amount of kolasis aionion which means age-during corrective chastisement and then, according to the Bible, they ALL will be saved too.
GOD WILL HAVE ALL MEN BE SAVED: I Will Draw All Men Unto Me; God's Oath - To Save All; The Justification Of All Mankind; Mercy Upon All; Why Teach Salvation For All?

People who want to keep believing in eternal torment for people who die in their sins without Jesus will not read that article.

Regarding the most common argument that the same word for "punishment" is also used for "life" see the following:
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”
People can rely on articles and man all they want. The word of God is plain. Yes He wants all me to be saved, but sadly they wont. Why would Jesus say the path to heaven is narrow and few will make it in Matt. 7:14? Not to mention broad is the path to hell and many people will be there Matt 7:13. Explain why Jesus says few will be in heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity