Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 06:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Amen, if God is an endless hell God then he can put you there if it so pleases him and you cannot trust that he won't.

Amen, let's not put God in the pretty box.
If there is a hell, and he puts me there, he won't be pleased, he loves me, but after this life, I don't believe there are any more chances, his definition of love has reciprocal meanings as well, he loved us first, and we love him, many don't.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:13 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
If there is a hell, and he puts me there, he won't be pleased, he loves me, but after this life, I don't believe there are any more chances, his definition of love has reciprocal meanings as well, he loved us first, and we love him, many don't.

That's not the issue, you will love him if he puts you there "forever" right?

Yeah, right.......

Old 09-17-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
That's not the issue, you will love him if he puts you there "forever" right?

Yeah, right.......
Yes, I don't put conditions on my love for God. It would be myself I would be pissed off with.

By the way, I do not read the Bible at this point to include living beings being burned forever, or kept locked up forever . . . .but if I was wrong, and Hell is a literal place, I believe God is just.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:37 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
I'm puzzled. There appear to be two threads on the same topic started by Eusebius and both are about 12 or so pages in length. Which is the proper thread to be responding to?

Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'm puzzled. There appear to be two threads on the same topic started by Eusebius and both are about 12 or so pages in length. Which is the proper thread to be responding to?
Beats me?????

Old 09-17-2009, 07:02 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,855 times
Default I don't try to intimidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
when I see LIES such as what universalism teaches, I will stand up and speak against it whenever and there is nothing you can do about it.... And YOUR intimidation will not stop me!
I don't try to intimidate. I just let the evidence speak for itself.

For the first 500 years after Christ, universalism was the prevailing doctrine believed and taught by the Christian church.

These online books also explain why and how this changed.
Universalism, the Prevailing Doctrine of the Christian Church During its First Five Hundred Years
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/ho...al_vincent.htm

Universalism The Prevailing Doctrine Of The Christian Church During Its First Five Hundred Years

The author, J.W. Hanson wrote “The purpose of this book is to present the evidence of the prevalence in the early centuries of the Christian church, of the doctrine of the final holiness of all mankind.

The author shows that Universal Restitution was the faith of the early Christians for at least the First Five Hundred Years of the Christian era.

He has presented irrefragable proofs that the doctrine of Universal Salvation was the prevalent sentiment of the primitive Christian church.

The salient statements and facts in all which will be found in these pages show that the most and ablest of the early fathers found the deliverance of all mankind from sin and sorrow specifically revealed in the Christian Scriptures.”

And they were reading the Bible in its original language.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 09-17-2009 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 09-17-2009, 07:21 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Yes, I don't put conditions on my love for God. It would be myself I would be pissed off with.

By the way, I do not read the Bible at this point to include living beings being burned forever, or kept locked up forever . . . .but if I was wrong, and Hell is a literal place, I believe God is just.

What would there to be pissed off at yourself about?

Old 09-17-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
That Jesus is the the Way and the Truth and the Life . . .and I cast him aside to do My Way, My Truth . . . and I know that gate is narrow . . I've already been giving faith . . .which is a gift . . . but once we have this Faith, Jesus talked much about what we need to do with it . . . . . and I am lazy.
God asked for people to stand in the gap, he found no one, so he destroyed . . . God is Love, but forgetting churches and pastors . . . God has a plan for us . . . . I have problems with plans, planning, etc. He said that No liars, adulterers, etc. . would be with him in heaven right??

Didn't he say the wicked, those practicing witchcraft wouldn't get in . . . why DID HE TELL US WE CAN GET ETERNAL LIFE AND THAT WE ALL WOULD BECAUSE HE IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE told us the gate is narrow . . . He told us specifics about who is not getting in.

WHY didn't he tell us that he loves us so much . . . that we will reign with him forever . . . instead he says, Here are the patience of the saints . . those who keep his commandments, who endure.

Why didn't he tell us that he would clean us up, so we can all be in heaven . . . I struggle with my walk everyday . . . I see nothing in the scriptures that God is gonna be okay with EVERYONE and EVERYONE is granted eternal life.

I want to believe this more than you know . . .

I am studying UR . . . and WANT SO MUCH to find truth in IT . . . but it's not ringing for me . . . . I would have a lot less stress?

I eat when I'm stressed . . and just found out that stressed is dessert spelled backwards . . . . .blessings, Lifesigns64

Last edited by lifesigns64; 09-17-2009 at 07:50 PM..

Old 09-17-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
It would be my fault if I either, went to hell, was annihilated . . or just was dead . . . never having experienced the physical nearness of the Lord, or the peace of eternal life he promised those who had faith . . .remember he's coming back to separate the wheat and the tares . . . if I don't get in . . .it's no one's fault by mine.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
I eat when I'm stressed . . and just found out that stressed is dessert spelled backwards . . . . .blessings, Lifesigns64
stressed is dessert spelled backwards - LOL that's funny lifesigns.

Don't be stressed... God tells us not to worry, and God is love, and He doesn't fail. That is our real assurance.

Peace out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity