Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 01:00 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Matthew 7:16 By their fruits ye shall know them.
So we all belong to Satan, those of us who believe Jesus is the savior of all mankind. Funny, I don't see any of those people calling you the devil.
Your holy, we're evil. I finally get it.
It's a pity that universalists don't 'get it'. For it is Satan who says ''You surely shall not die.'' Genesis 3:4

It is Jesus Christ who says, ''I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, You shall die in your sins.'' John 8:24.

It is Jesus Christ who says , '' And do not fear those who can kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28.

It is Jesus Christ who will say, ''Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. Matthew 25:41 With the result that, ''And these will go away into eternal punishment...' Matthew 25:46

Old 02-19-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Wow, what a post! I think you just PROVED it. Who can refute this?
"My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please"
Enough said.
God's purpose is to save those who come to Christ through the Gospel, and to leave in eternal condemnation all who refuse His offer of salvation through faith in Christ.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:13 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
There are not two sets of truth. Christ died for the world so that those who believe will be saved. Those who don't believe will not be saved. John 3:16.
Mike, you forgot the rest of the truth . . . John 3:17 that God sent His Son into the world to save the world. That will happen eventually. It is just that those not believing will not see life . . . the life in the age to come. But Jesus later told Paul that all mankind will be saved because He ransomed all mankind. (see 1 Tim.2:4-6). It doesn't say "God offered to save all mankind" but "God will save all mankind" based upon Christ ransoming all.

Quote:
And you are to stop making this about me. If you can't post without making it personal then don't post at all.
Mike, it is time to stop resisting the holy spirit and start believing Jesus. I know you want to. It's time to step out in faith, Mike. I know you want to.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
For it is Satan who says ''You surely shall not die.'' Genesis 3:4
Good post. Satan's words "you surely shall not die" is the universalist doctrine in a nutshell. It promises salvation no matter what they do. Do as you please, because "you surely shall not die".

Old 02-19-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good post. Satan's words "you surely shall not die" is the universalist doctrine in a nutshell. It promises salvation no matter what they do. Do as you please, because "you surely shall not die".
Thanks. One wonders how many of them Know that what they're saying isn't true but are deliberately out to deceive whoever they can. For this is what Satan does.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times
Quote:

Of all the accusations leveled against universal salvation, I don't really understand this one.

Have you guys not heard of the resurrection?!? All will be resurrected, some to life, some to judgment.

Universalists are the first to claim that when a person dies, they are dead. Its orthodoxy that says a person doesn't really die - they actually go to live in another place (hell or heaven).

But in the end this is still true:

1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Death is destroyed. That means no one will ever die or be dead again. All will have life through Christ.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:32 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times
Quote:
Thanks. One wonders how many of them Know that what they're saying isn't true but are deliberately out to deceive whoever they can. For this is what Satan does.
Oh please Mike.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
That is not true, Finn. I am a believer God will save all and yet I believe we shall surely die should the Lord tarry.

And I believe many will surely die the second death in the lake of fire. So how can you say I believe they won't die?

Old 02-19-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Universalists are the first to claim that when a person dies, they are dead. Its orthodoxy that says a person doesn't really die - they actually go to live in another place (hell or heaven).
Amen, legoman! May God show them their own errors!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Of all the accusations leveled against universal salvation, I don't really understand this one.

Have you guys not heard of the resurrection?!? All will be resurrected, some to life, some to judgment.

But in the end this is still true:

1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Death is destroyed. That means no one will ever die or be dead again. All will have life through Christ.
Genesis 2:17 is a reference to spiritual death. 'but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it, dying (spiritually) you shall surely die (physically).' That from the Greek. Adam died spiritually the moment he ate the fruit and as a result of his spiritual death he died physically some 930 years later.

It was Satan's lie to the woman that she would not die. She did die spiritually the moment she ate the fruit. She lost her relationship with God.

And now, as then, it is Satans lie and yours that ''you surely shall not die.'' Those who depart this life without believing in Christ are lost for eternity. Christ said it and you deny it. You make the Lord out to be a liar. You seek to lure who you may into a false sense of security about eternal salvation. You are playing with the fate of peoples souls. And you will answer to the Lord for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity