Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what you like better
Atlanta area 45 33.83%
NYC 84 63.16%
Neither 4 3.01%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
NO I dont.... and thats being honest. And thats just from my observation. And that is just my OPINION. I just dont remember going crazy and breaking my neck in NYC like I did in ATL when I would see a female. Im not saying that there arent any thick women up there. That would be a silly. But Thickness is something ATL is known for and if youve ever been there you would know why. NYC is not "known" for that. Not saying there isnt any. Thats all Im sayin. But NYC definitely has prettier faces than ATL. (from my observation)

And stop with the Obese/Fat nonsense.
i mentioned ONE time that we don't have as many obese ppl in nyc as there are in various areas of the south.

ONE TIME.

so "go head" with that stop bull ish.

obesity is a factor when we're talking about thickness because there's a thin line between the two. it should be brought up IMO.

also, thickness is subjective. one man's opinion can be completely different than another. as seen in the other thread.

as far as the rest of what you said, you're entitled to your opinion. i agree to disagree.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 PM

492 posts, read 1,027,619 times
Quote:
Bro I been to NYC more times than I can think of. My ex was from there. She basicly put me on to NYC. And not the fake touristy/manhattan NY that yall like to pump up so much on here. Im talkin about Harlem/Bronx and some of brooklyn. The hoods/projects. The real NY.

Im not trynna take anything away from NY either, but being thick is not something the girls up there are known for. (maybe Pricans though) I noticed that most girls up there will have a pretty face (not all), a nice size chest, and okay bottom. All of my ex's brothers uncles cousins ever talked about was how they wanted a thick down south girl.
And this is why I laugh and smh when I read some of the posts from NYers up here, because I know the real deal. Im not too familiar with the luxury/Manhattan condo side of NYC but Im familiar with the real everyday citizen of NY side. You cant just tell me anything like some of these other posters.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i mentioned ONE time that we don't have as many obese ppl in nyc as there are in various areas of the south.

ONE TIME.

so "go head" with that stop bull ish.

obesity is a factor when we're talking about thickness because there's a thin line between the two. it should be brought up IMO.

also, thickness is subjective. one man's opinion can be completely different than another. as seen in the other thread.

as far as the rest of what you said, you're entitled to your opinion. i agree to disagree.
Agreed. lol

Old 09-30-2010, 08:28 PM
eek

spending a few days at a time in an outer borough is not equal to knowing "the real deal."

Old 09-30-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
spending a few days at a time in an outer borough is not equal to knowing "the real deal."
No try weeks at a time, over the span of probably 6 to 7 years. Visiting for baby showers, birthdays, holidays, etc.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:32 PM

468 posts, read 790,362 times
Down south girls are known for being thick.. Va is right NYC is not known for that sorry.. You live in a city 8.3 million have u seen all the women out of that 8.3?? Wouldn't he be more noticable in a city with a smaller population..

And using population to determine how thick women are is not a good way to determine that... And stop being such a homer..GEEZ between u and KONY I don't know I have never met anyone from NYC like u too.. Most are very modist people

Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 PM
eek

the truth is the truth tho.

i use population for a reason, here. out of the 530k ppl that live in atl, how many are females? out of the females, guesstimate how many you would think would be thick.

now, compare that to a city with a population of 8 million ppl...
also keep in mind that two ethnicities that ppl love to associate with thickness are very well represented here.

we have 800k puerto ricans and 650k dominicans. thats more puerto ricans and dominicans that live here than san juan or santo domingo has.

out of that, how many of those do you think are thick women?

i didn't even mention the other west indian females or the african american females...

i don't see why all of a sudden because a few homers want it to be so why population shouldn't be a factor in this. why two groups notorious for their thickness shouldn't be used in this debate.

no, ny isn't known for one thing or the other but its known for many things. something like thickness isn't focused on by outsiders or even insiders but its definitely here and definitely well represented.
you don't have to look hard to see it.

matter of fact, i challenge anybody doubting what i'm saying to come during the pr or dr day parade or the west indian day parade so you can see it in all its half naked glory.

or if you're not trying to do that extra ish just come during the summer and stand around.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 PM

468 posts, read 790,362 times
Quote:
No try weeks at a time, over the span of probably 6 to 7 years. Visiting for baby showers, birthdays, holidays, etc.
yeah the NYC posters on here think people don't know anything about that city.They fail to realize people have family best friends etc in that region...

Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 PM

301 posts, read 640,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG2010 View Post
yeah the NYC posters on here think people don't know anything about that city.They fail to realize people have family best friends etc in that region...
There is no category on Earth where ATL outdoes NY. Those are facts, all global rankings, fashion designers, entertainment giants know this as the truth. Sorry but the truth hurts. NY women > ATL women on pure size, diversity, variety, fashion. ATL is cool city though, besides its weak transit, bad infrastructure, and bad economy I have nothing negative to report on ATL.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:51 PM

Ive never been to MIA.... But I would probably still go with ATL. MIA is more diverse which leaves more room for slim/flatness.. but thats just a guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City