Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is a good place for people from a small town.
Washington DC 22 33.85%
Chicago 43 66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:20 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Are you saying Boston is more vibrant across the city or in certain areas? Boston is more intense in its small core, but is it more virbant over a larger area like the size of D.C.'s core for instance?
Both. Especially if you include Cambridge. The city of Boston is denser than DC, so I'm not sure why you're convinced DC is so vibrant over such a large area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 11:21 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,350,572 times
As a person who attended college in Boston (Boston college), Boston is not very fast paced and is pretty laid back.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:22 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What the hell are you talking about? DC's downtown is not larger than Chicago's. What are you smoking?

It is not difficult to get accurate pedestrian counts. They can get accurate counts in Times Square and in London but they can't get an accurate count along 7th Street? GTFOH!

Downtown D.C. runs from Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle across the city to NOMA and Union Station. You sure about that?

Old 11-14-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
It's hilarious watching 3 extreme DC homers trying to defend a completely indefensible position vs the rest of the world. Incredible meltdown! Likely will not last long as a live thread, however...
Who are the three DC homers? I just said DC can't compare to Dubai.....

Old 11-14-2014, 11:24 AM

260 posts, read 299,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
As a person who attended college in Boston (Boston college), Boston is not very fast paced and is pretty laid back.
Ive been to Boston and DC and I agree with you. Boston is definitely more laid back. I don't know why that's a bad thing.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Downtown D.C. runs from Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle across the city to NOMA and Union Station. You sure about that?
First, NOMA and Union Station are not Downtown DC. You already conceded that in the last thread on downtowns. Neither is Foggy Bottom.

Second, Boston has more vibrancy over a larger footprint than DC. A place like Foggy Bottom is not nearly as built up and vibrant as Back Bay. Who the hell goes to Foggy Bottom? It's a boring, ugly neighborhood whose greatest appeal is the State Department.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
It's hilarious watching 3 extreme DC homers trying to defend a completely indefensible position vs the rest of the world. Incredible meltdown! Likely will not last long as a live thread, however...
Actually, we are having a very intellectual discussion that is very entertaining. People are bringing facts and positions on different subjects. You should join in, I know these topics may seem a little advanced for you and maybe you can't understand many of the facts and figures, but we would be happy to explain everything to you if you ask. Feel free to add to the discussion though.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
First, NOMA and Union Station are not Downtown DC. You already conceded that in the last thread on downtowns. Neither is Foggy Bottom.

Second, Boston has more vibrancy over a larger footprint than DC. A place like Foggy Bottom is not nearly as built up and vibrant as Back Bay. Who the hell goes to Foggy Bottom? It's a boring, ugly neighborhood whose greatest appeal is the State Department.

Downtown to me, is anything that looks like downtown. You already know that.

Also, GW is in Foggy Bottom. What are you talking about?

Old 11-14-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Also, GW is in Foggy Bottom. What are you talking about?
I know that. GW wasn't worth mentioning.

Out of curiosity, MD, where have you lived other than DC? And I mean for like a 2 or 3 year stretch.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
Ive been to Boston and DC and I agree with you. Boston is definitely more laid back. I don't know why that's a bad thing.
It's not a bad thing, it's way better being in a laid back environment unless you're young I guess. I went to Boston thinking it was going to be fast paced with hustle and bustle but it was the exact opposite. I came to appreciate Boston way more, it's my favorite ciry behind NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City