Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2019, 04:12 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Portsmouth, NH.

Austin, TX or Kansas City, MO?
If I had to choose on economic dynamism alone, Austin. On just about everything else, including barbecue, my forever hometown of Kansas City.

Harrisburg, Pa., or Charleston, W. Va.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2019, 06:03 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
If I had to choose on economic dynamism alone, Austin. On just about everything else, including barbecue, my forever hometown of Kansas City.

Harrisburg, Pa., or Charleston, W. Va.?
Harrisburg for sure. A good bit to do in the area. Close to Philly. A lot going for it.

Scranton, PA or Syracuse, NY?

Old 12-01-2019, 06:21 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,471,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Harrisburg for sure. A good bit to do in the area. Close to Philly. A lot going for it.

Scranton, PA or Syracuse, NY?
This is hard, as I would rather stay in Pennsylvania, however I have to give the nod to Syracuse as the better city. And regionally, there is a lot more to do in that part of New York than that part of PA. So, Syracuse.

Doylestown, PA or Nashua, NH?

Old 12-01-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
This is hard, as I would rather stay in Pennsylvania, however I have to give the nod to Syracuse as the better city. And regionally, there is a lot more to do in that part of New York than that part of PA. So, Syracuse.

Doylestown, PA or Nashua, NH?
Doylestown. I like the Philadelphia area a lot and Bucks County for sure. Nashua doesn't have the location that Doylestown does.

Tampa, FL or Kansas City, MO?

Old 12-01-2019, 10:03 AM

11,443 posts, read 630,534 times
Tampa (More constant warmer temps)

Trenton NJ or San francisco Cali?

Old 12-01-2019, 10:15 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
Tampa (More constant warmer temps)

Trenton NJ or San francisco Cali?
San Francisco... despite the astronomical housing costs, it offers a much higher quality of life than Trenton, which is one of the less desirable state capitals in the USA.

Anchorage, AK or Minot, ND?

Old 12-01-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
San Francisco... despite the astronomical housing costs, it offers a much higher quality of life than Trenton, which is one of the less desirable state capitals in the USA.

Anchorage, AK or Minot, ND?
Minot. Despite its geographical beauty, there's simply no way I could live anywhere in AK. The daylight/darkness swings from season to season, so cold and snowy, geographical isolation, high cost of living. I wouldn't love Minot, but I'll take its location over Ancharge's any day.

Charlottesville, VA or Morgantown, WV?

Old 12-01-2019, 04:54 PM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Minot. Despite its geographical beauty, there's simply no way I could live anywhere in AK. The daylight/darkness swings from season to season, so cold and snowy, geographical isolation, high cost of living. I wouldn't love Minot, but I'll take its location over Ancharge's any day.

Charlottesville, VA or Morgantown, WV?
Even though Morgantown has a people mover, I'll go with Charlottesville here. Mr. Jefferson's University is an architectural masterpiece, and the town next to it has a load of charm as well, leavened with just enough funkiness to keep it from being overweening.

Jersey Shore, Pa., or Atlantic City, N.J.?

Old 12-01-2019, 06:23 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,167,599 times
Jersey shore all day long. I don't like Atlantic city. It's a mini vegas surrounded by hood.

Scranton PA or Shenectedy, NY

Old 12-02-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Jersey shore all day long. I don't like Atlantic city. It's a mini vegas surrounded by hood.

Scranton PA or Shenectedy, NY
Close one. I'll go with Scranton. I'm just more familiar with it and have a friend who lives in the area.

Hickory, NC or Binghamton, NY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City