Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2021, 07:52 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
This was VERY close, but I'll give the win to Evansville by a very tiny hair. Due to the fact I liked the older buildings I saw, in its downtown. Wilmington has a nice small skyline too, but Evansville to me was a little more distinctive.

San Diego, or Tampa?
San Diego wins. Tampa's skyline has always been on the smaller side. I think it will be closer in 10 years.

Madison, WI or Wilmington, DE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2021, 08:00 PM

858 posts, read 694,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Madison, WI or Wilmington, DE?
Madison WI. Surrounded by water on two sides and shorter buildings that remind me of DC.

Harrisburg PA or Savannah GA?

Old 05-22-2021, 09:48 PM

374 posts, read 256,846 times
Harrisburg, seems like a step up in density and number of mid/high rises compared to Savannah.

Richmond, VA or Kansas City, MO?

Old 05-22-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith32 View Post
Harrisburg, seems like a step up in density and number of mid/high rises compared to Savannah.

Richmond, VA or Kansas City, MO?
Kansas City. I like the southwestern influences and balance of the skyline.

Portland, OR or Baltimore, MD?

Old 05-22-2021, 10:47 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Kansas City. I like the southwestern influences and balance of the skyline.

Portland, OR or Baltimore, MD?
I don't like how blocky some of those taller buildings in Baltimore look like, so Portland wins for me. Along with the river bridges and mountain backdrop, in some of the pics I found for Portland's skyline.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, or Saint John, Newfoundland?

Old 05-23-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I don't like how blocky some of those taller buildings in Baltimore look like, so Portland wins for me. Along with the river bridges and mountain backdrop, in some of the pics I found for Portland's skyline.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, or Saint John, Newfoundland?
Halifax based on more modern buildings. St. John's is cool because it gives New Orleans and Charleston vibes.

Las Vegas, NV or Columbus, OH?

Old 05-23-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Halifax based on more modern buildings. St. John's is cool because it gives New Orleans and Charleston vibes.

Las Vegas, NV or Columbus, OH?
Vegas has a nice skyline on the strip, but the one looking towards the actual downtown area(Fremont Street) isn't as impressive IMO. I know myself, since I saw it from the Stratosphere observation deck on a past trip out there. And as I like the one in Columbus(for a regular downtown) a little more, I'd pick Columbus of these 2. Also I like that one older white art deco building, that is in Columbus. I do wonder one day, if Vegas might have a few more standout looking highrises in its actual downtown?

Portland, ME, or Charleston, SC?

Old 05-23-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Vegas has a nice skyline on the strip, but the one looking towards the actual downtown area(Fremont Street) isn't as impressive IMO. I know myself, since I saw it from the Stratosphere observation deck on a past trip out there. And as I like the one in Columbus(for a regular downtown) a little more, I'd pick Columbus of these 2. Also I like that one older white art deco building, that is in Columbus. I do wonder one day, if Vegas might have a few more standout looking highrises in its actual downtown?

Portland, ME, or Charleston, SC?
Portland, ME because it has more distinct buildings. The architecture is similar to Wilmington, DE as well.

Charlotte, NC or Denver, CO?

Old 05-23-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Portland, ME because it has more distinct buildings. The architecture is similar to Wilmington, DE as well.

Charlotte, NC or Denver, CO?
Weirdly enough despite that it(I suspect) has fewer buildings, I do have to say I like the design of some of the highrises I see in Charlotte's skyline a little more. So I'd pick that, over Denver. I almost wish Denver would have at least one or 2 buildings, that had a standout design to them. I do like the density of Denver's skyline, though.

Reno, Nevada, or Boise, Idaho?

Old 05-23-2021, 09:11 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Quote:
Weirdly enough despite that it(I suspect) has fewer buildings, I do have to say I like the design of some of the highrises I see in Charlotte's skyline a little more. So I'd pick that, over Denver. I almost wish Denver would have at least one or 2 buildings, that had a standout design to them. I do like the density of Denver's skyline, though.

Reno, Nevada, or Boise, Idaho?
Reno, NV wins this one. Boise is growing but still way behind when compared to Reno.

Knoxville, TN or Lexington, KY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City