Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2020, 12:45 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,193,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Alpharetta based on population and demographics and both more southern influenced.

Is Phoenix more similar to Atlanta or Minneapolis?
Atlanta. Both are in the sun belt, spread out and more similar in population. Is Wichita more similar to Springfield MO or Lincoln NB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 07:28 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Atlanta. Both are in the sun belt, spread out and more similar in population. Is Wichita more similar to Springfield MO or Lincoln NB?
Springfield due to more similar cultures. Both have revitalized downtowns and art scenes.

Is Murfreesboro, TN more similar to Charleston, WV or Shreveport, LA?

Old 11-06-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Springfield due to more similar cultures. Both have revitalized downtowns and art scenes.

Is Murfreesboro, TN more similar to Charleston, WV or Shreveport, LA?
Murfreesboro is better than either of those places but I'd pick Charleston. I think it's a little better off. Is Bridgeport CT more similar to Stamford CT or New Haven CT?

Old 11-06-2020, 04:24 PM

1,801 posts, read 1,949,479 times
Quote:
Murfreesboro is better than either of those places but I'd pick Charleston. I think it's a little better off. Is Bridgeport CT more similar to Stamford CT or New Haven CT?
Tough call, since all three are very different from one another despite being less than 40 miles apart, with the blue collar-oriented city paired off against its white collar rival and elite college town rivals. I'll go with Stamford I guess since its also in Fairfield County and not dominated by a university, and people who want to live in Connecticut but still commute to NYC, yet can't quite afford Stamford, settle for Bridgeport. Bridgeport and Stamford also utilize their waterfronts in more impactful ways (shipping and recreation, respectively), and both weren't planned like New Haven was when it was founded.

Here's an odd one to consider:

Is San Francisco more similar to Baltimore or New Orleans?

Old 11-06-2020, 06:29 PM

6,806 posts, read 6,029,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Is San Francisco more similar to Baltimore or New Orleans?
I'd say Baltimore as it's more densely populated and hillier than NOLA.

Is New Orleans more similar to Portland, OR or Portland, ME?

Old 11-06-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
I'd say Baltimore as it's more densely populated and hillier than NOLA.

Is New Orleans more similar to Portland, OR or Portland, ME?
Portland, OR due to counter culture and well known food and coffee scenes. Also both are much larger metro areas.

Is Rochester, NY more similar to Columbus, OH or Baltimore, MD?

Old 11-07-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Portland, OR due to counter culture and well known food and coffee scenes. Also both are much larger metro areas.

Is Rochester, NY more similar to Columbus, OH or Baltimore, MD?
I think Baltimore. They both have had issues with stagnation and urban blight although I've heard both are doing better now. Is San Diego more similar to Miami or Jacksonville, FL?

Old 11-07-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I think Baltimore. They both have had issues with stagnation and urban blight although I've heard both are doing better now. Is San Diego more similar to Miami or Jacksonville, FL?
Miami based on size, things to do, and popularity. Both have larger immigrant populations and tend to be left leaning or purple rather than extremely liberal or conservative.

Is Greenville, SC more similar to Louisville, KY or Birmingham, AL?

Old 11-07-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Miami based on size, things to do, and popularity. Both have larger immigrant populations and tend to be left leaning or purple rather than extremely liberal or conservative.

Is Greenville, SC more similar to Louisville, KY or Birmingham, AL?
I'd say Birmingham. Both are in the deep south. Which is more similar to Santa Fe, NM; Boulder CO or Ogden UT?

Old 11-07-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I'd say Birmingham. Both are in the deep south. Which is more similar to Santa Fe, NM; Boulder CO or Ogden UT?
Boulder due to growing Hispanic and younger community. Both have nice art and food scenes as well.

Is Richmond, VA more similar to Austin, TX or Orlando, FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City