Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHICH STATE IS BETTER TO LIVE IN?
NORTH CAROLINA 60 35.09%
SOUTH CAROLINA 14 8.19%
GEORGIA 42 24.56%
TEXAS 55 32.16%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 10:00 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Georgia isn't very diverse. Just isn't compared to the West coast, Texas, Florida and few other states . Its mostly black and white with a modest amount of latino and asian residents.
Duhh

I never said it was . Neither is TX.
I was referring to voting patterns

Last edited by CleverOne; 06-15-2020 at 10:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I lived in Cobb county not far from Home Depot's HQ. The metro area is more segregated for sure than either Houston or DFW. I remember visiting a few years back up the Sprayberry and Pope High schools and saw little change in 20 years in the diversity of the area.

Atlanta is a third the size of either Dallas or Houston. Houston's suburbs are pretty small compared to Atlanta's. Houston's population is over 4x that of Atlanta's is one third of the MSA ATL is is about 15% of the metro area. When I look at Atlanta's suburbs, I look at the counties of Gwinnett, Cobb, Dekalb and Clayton because the really dominate the direction not the little cities within them. Name a big company headquartered in any of the towns you mentioned? Maybe the CDC in Decatur, a government agency.

in D/FW its the other cities besides Dallas have more influence - Plano, Arlington, Irving, and Fort Worth, all at least 200,000 in population with major corporations headquartered but Arlington
I dont understand why this is even a a matter of discussion.
Firstly Dallas and every other TX city has huge boundaries yet not much denser than Atlanta.
ou
Whats your problem?Why do you make up stuff?I know people that went to Sprayberry years ago and it was diverse then like it is now

Sparyberry High School Demographics
Quote:
Compare Details Student population at Sprayberry High School is diverse. Racial makeup is: White (37.3%), African American (28.4%), Hispanic (21.3%)
on
Pope is in a wealthy district and you find similar high schools for sure in Dallas and Houston

Grapevine High School
64% white
23%Hispanic
5%Black
5%Asian

TX State AVERAGE School population
4% Asian
52% Hispanic
13% Black
28% White

GA State AVERAGE
4% Asian
16%Hispanic
37%Black
39%White
https://www.publicschoolreview.com/s...school-profile

Old 06-16-2020, 12:53 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Grapevine has Sneaky Pete's on the northside and the Gaylord Texan on the southside. In addition, the are the two golf courses by the Dam and the huge Lakeside development to the north in Flower Mound which has a brand new 20 story residential high-rise overlooking the lake.

Lake Lewisville - you need to got to Little Elm on Eldorado Blvd where the is a strip of restaurants and sandy beaches. On the westside, there is a nine hole golf course by the lake. Joe Pool definitely could use more retail development. It really has best water quality too.
And you scoffed at North Georgia's lakes being described as beautiful? You need help...

Old 06-16-2020, 06:56 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,801,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
I dont think it does considering how big the state is. Especially when you consider things like the depth of schools like liberal arts ,black or women colleges which TX is astonishingly lacking compared to its size
The Texas triangle?

It is similar in area to Georgia or NC and has 6 HBCUs and filled with other colleges and liberal arts colleges. Again I'm doing an apples to apples comparison.
No point in comparing tranquil open spaces in Texas. The Triangle is more comparable because that's where people live.

Last edited by atadytic19; 06-16-2020 at 07:07 AM..

Old 06-16-2020, 09:17 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,287 times
I can’t believe someone is really trying to compare the Texas triangle to the State of GA. It’s absolutely no comparison. The Texas triangle $1.3 trillion a year in economic output is good enough to rank 17th in the world. Also, you guys are severely understating the power of the UT & A&M system in the state of Texas. These topics get dumber and dumber.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:49 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,801,951 times
It's hard to compare Texas to any state. It's not comparable in size or population to any other state. It's not as big as Alaska or populous as California.

Saying for a state it's size... Is silly because the state it's not as uniformly populated as Georgia or NC. But in the other hand it does have an unfair advantage when you reduce it to a similar sized area like the triangle

Old 06-16-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
The Texas triangle?

It is similar in area to Georgia or NC and has 6 HBCUs and filled with other colleges and liberal arts colleges. Again I'm doing an apples to apples comparison.
No point in comparing tranquil open spaces in Texas. The Triangle is more comparable because that's where people live.
LOL
That makes no sense but if you think it does so be it. As if GA doesnt have "tranquil open spaces" or any state for that matter/Jeezlol

Old 06-16-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
I can’t believe someone is really trying to compare the Texas triangle to the State of GA. It’s absolutely no comparison. The Texas triangle $1.3 trillion a year in economic output is good enough to rank 17th in the world. Also, you guys are severely understating the power of the UT & A&M system in the state of Texas. These topics get dumber and dumber.
I said the entire state and we were discussing education specifically so its only YOU talking about economic output.Stop looking for a fight

Old 06-16-2020, 06:38 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,287 times
Quote:
I said the entire state and we were discussing education specifically so its only YOU talking about economic output.Stop looking for a fight
Even than the Texas Triangle has 6 top 100 university to GA’s 3 according to U.S. News week.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:13 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,353,650 times
Quote:
I dont understand why this is even a a matter of discussion.
Firstly Dallas and every other TX city has huge boundaries yet not much denser than Atlanta.
ou
Whats your problem?Why do you make up stuff?I know people that went to Sprayberry years ago and it was diverse then like it is now

Sparyberry High School Demographics
on
Pope is in a wealthy district and you find similar high schools for sure in Dallas and Houston

Grapevine High School
64% white
23%Hispanic
5%Black
5%Asian

TX State AVERAGE School population
4% Asian
52% Hispanic
13% Black
28% White

GA State AVERAGE
4% Asian
16%Hispanic
37%Black
39%White
https://www.publicschoolreview.com/s...school-profile
Georgia isn't a majority minority state. California and Texas are. Per US Census, Houston is the most diverse city in the country. Second, your population breakdown doesn't consider Foreign Born. Texas, due to its Energy sector, has a significant Middle eastern population who would fall under "Caucasian". Asian its not even close. The Indian population is far more evident in Texas in part because we have a bigger Tech industry. And you are comparing ONLY schools. That can skew the numbers because Texas may have more asians who are of adult age.

I've lived in both states. Been to Augusta, Macon, Savannah, Columbus and Rome. My eyes don't lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City