Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHICH STATE IS BETTER TO LIVE IN?
NORTH CAROLINA 60 35.09%
SOUTH CAROLINA 14 8.19%
GEORGIA 42 24.56%
TEXAS 55 32.16%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 05:09 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,353,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
You know all of Georgias major cities have voted Democratic in the last few presidential elections. Though they are much smaller they are all Democratic strongholds.GA had two counties in the 80% for Clinton. None in NC accomplished that

Atlanta Fulton COunty-69%
Atlanta -Dekalb 80%
Atlanta Clayton-84%
Augusta Richmond COunty-64%
Columbus Muskogee-58%
Savannah-/Chatham 55%
Macon Bibb-59%

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/re...rgia/president

North Carolina
Charlotte Mecklenburg-63%
Raleigh /Wake CO-58%
Winston Salem-Forsyth county-53%
Greensboro-Guilford 58%
/Orange County-74$
Durbam 78%

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/re...north-carolina

Like I said before,Atlanta metro is comprised of many counties and cities many of the are blue. Way more than Charlotte metro area counties that are pretty much all red.
This may be a misleading statistic because Georgia has 159 counties while NC has only 100 counties. Thus, NC counties may have a more diverse voter pool than those in Georgia. the smaller the county the potential for a more densely concentrated party vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
The Dallas area actually has some pretty nice man made lakes.

It's just that, for whatever reason, they haven't been activated for recreational activities. The only exception is out towards Rockwall on Lake Ray Hubbard.

(of course, Rockwall gets overlooked because it's not in the favored quarter).
I reside between Grapevine and Lewisville lakes which get quite a bit of use as they and Joe Pool Lake area pretty popular. If you want more privacy, Lake Ray Roberts, Lake Texoma, Tawakoni and Cedar Creek give you that. I agree Hubbard and Lake Lavon on the near east side don't garner as much interest. Texas is actually building a new lake for the DFW area bout 75 airmiles north east which should be ready by 2023.

Old 06-14-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
How do you know the bolded for a fact?
https://www.engadget.com/2018-11-04-...allas-nyc.html

Also, DFW was already a big hub for Amazon:
1. 12 fulfillment centers, i live near three of them myself;
2. AWS office here;
3. Opening an Air Cargo Hub at Alliance Airport north of Fort Worth.
4. DFW is a huge rail hub with direct link from LongBeach/Los Angeles seaports.
5. Central location in the U.S. and within 4 1/2 hours from the Port of Houston, which is one of the five busiest in north America.
6. Amazon has a windfarm west of DFW for its operations here.
7 Amazon owns Whole Foods, based in Texas.

Old 06-14-2020, 05:22 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
I reside between Grapevine and Lewisville lakes which get quite a bit of use as they and Joe Pool Lake area pretty popular. If you want more privacy, Lake Ray Roberts, Lake Texoma, Tawakoni and Cedar Creek give you that. I agree Hubbard and Lake Lavon on the near east side don't garner as much interest. Texas is actually building a new lake for the DFW area bout 75 airmiles north east which should be ready by 2023.
Even Grapevine, Lewisville and Joe Pool don't have anything like the Rockwall Harbor or the Ray Hubbard Greenbelt.

Old 06-14-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeinatx View Post
TX is larger by population and GDP than GA, NC and SC combined... That said, I think NC would be top of the pack for higher ed...
Why is that? NC, NC State, Duke and Wake Forest. Of those, only Duke and NC are really top 50.
Texas has UT, Rice, Texas A&M, SMU are as good as Duke and NC. Texas Tech, TCU, Houston, and Baylor are as good as NC State and Wake Forest.

Old 06-14-2020, 05:54 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Why is that? NC, NC State, Duke and Wake Forest. Of those, only Duke and NC are really top 50.
Texas has UT, Rice, Texas A&M, SMU are as good as Duke and NC. Texas Tech, TCU, Houston, and Baylor are as good as NC State and Wake Forest.
This is nothing more than your opinion, and yet again it's presented as factual. You need to back these claims up.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:38 PM

12,807 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
I went to UT, love my school and think it's very underrated. It is well behind UNC and while Rice is a powerhouse, it's a bit behind Duke imo. Our higher education colleges just don't match up as far as quality.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:54 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I went to UT, love my school and think it's very underrated. It is well behind UNC and while Rice is a powerhouse, it's a bit behind Duke imo. Our higher education colleges just don't match up as far as quality.
Yeah, UNC isn't considered a Public Ivy in some vacuum.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:09 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,404 times
Quote:
Black representation pre 1900 was relatively high in many southern states but the removal of Federal Troops ended the positive racial climate that was created during Reconstruction.
Yes Im aware

Old 06-14-2020, 07:13 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,404 times
Quote:
This may be a misleading statistic because Georgia has 159 counties while NC has only 100 counties. Thus, NC counties may have a more diverse voter pool than those in Georgia. the smaller the county the potential for a more densely concentrated party vote.
Being more diverse has nothing to do with voting patterns as African Americans tend to overwhelmingly Democratic.

There are several counties that are predominately black in GA not even in the metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City