Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2009, 07:20 AM

258 posts, read 325,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
So what? Its still smaller. Even my tiny state of NJ has more population density than Florida. Sorry Mr. Realtor, no one is buying.
That is only because Florida is the gateway to america (like Texas) for thrid world countries in South America and the Carribean to empty out their prisons and shake off their fleas. The result has been that Florida has become a 3rd world country. That's your population stimulus down there, you can keep it. Seems to stimulate the economy, prison guards are in dire need.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:40 AM

20,517 posts, read 33,569,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
That is only because Florida is the gateway to america (like Texas) for thrid world countries in South America and the Carribean to empty out their prisons and shake off their fleas. The result has been that Florida has become a 3rd world country. That's your population stimulus down there, you can keep it. Seems to stimulate the economy, prison guards are in dire need.
That is one of the most assinine comments on this board. Florida in no way looks like a 3rd world country. That is rediculous.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:42 AM

389 posts, read 1,096,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loillon892 View Post
Please. It was about 60 degrees in Pittsburgh a few days ago in the middle of summer. To Pennsylvanians and people in the Northeast, that's a normal thing. Not to me. Neither is getting measurable snow in April.

No, dude that is not a normal thing. Sunny, humid and 80-90 degrees in summer? Normal. 60 degrees and damp? Not normal. Snow in April is not the norm either. Maybe in the mountains, but not in the southeast part of the state.

Quote:
Where exactly is the diversity in Pennsylvania? I will cede that there are lots of different types of white people - but that's hardly what I consider "diverse." The state has a Black population that is several points below the national average and a Hispanic population of barely 4%. Outside of the big cities, I could practically integrate many Pennsylvania counties just by passing through!
Lot's of different white people outside of the cities? Hi, welcome to most of America.

Quote:
Empty suburbs?? Apparently we're talking about two different Florida's. Even hard-hit South Florida and Southwest Florida are still gaining population. On the other hand, most Pennsylvania cities of any size have been steadily losing people for the better part of 50 years. 50 years of population decline is damning evidence that speaks volumes about how undesirable much of the state is for reasons spanning economics, climate, and livability. In short, people vote with their feet, and I was one of them when I left the state!
Cities losing population automatically makes the rest of the state undesirable? Even though most are leaving the cities for the 'burbs right outside the cities? Now you're just spouting BS.

And what is everyone's obsession with population on this board? PA is pretty steady in population as a whole, with very small gains every year. But to some people if you're state is not gaining 10% or more people a year then it just sucks. Even though I live in the city...I hate people, the less the better I say.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:02 AM

258 posts, read 325,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That is one of the most assinine comments on this board. Florida in no way looks like a 3rd world country. That is rediculous.
That is your opinion as Florida once was or how you wish it to be. Reality caused more people within the domestic states to move out last year for the first time in history as pointed out by an earlier poster. Reality hurts.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:06 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,951,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loillon892 View Post
And a lot more people are heading out of Pennsylvania to locales such as Florida and Arizona for retirement. Far, far, far more people relocate from New York to Florida for retirement than from New York to Pennsylvania. If we're going to use anecdotal evidence, my neighborhood is full to the brim of relocated people from New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, retirees and otherwise. You'll be quite hard-pressed to find a single neighborhood in Pennsylvania that is full to the brim of relocated Floridians, while in South Florida you're hard-pressed to not find a neighborhood with a significant presence of relocated Northeasterners.

People vote with their feet. If Pennsylvania were the wonderland that some people here make it out to be - with a great climate and a vibrant economy - that state would not be in a state of perennial stagnation. If Florida were the miserable Hell-on-Earth that some here claim it to be, it would not have increased its population six-fold in just 50 years.

You really think I'm lying about knowing a lot of people moving to PA?

Old 07-04-2009, 09:05 AM

20,517 posts, read 33,569,529 times
Quote:
That is your opinion as Florida once was or how you wish it to be. Reality caused more people within the domestic states to move out last year for the first time in history as pointed out by an earlier poster. Reality hurts.
The reality is, Florida does NOT under any circumstance resemble a 3rd world type of environment. My Grandmother lives in West Miramar, Florida in South Florida and she has a nice house in a beautiful community where they take care of the lawns by watering it every day. There are hundreds more communities similar to that throughout South Florida and thousands more througout the rest of the state.

Florida has it's problems as does every other state in America. But to call a state like Florida which still has alot going for itself and has the resources to regain that momentum that they had over the past 40 years as a 3rd world state is just not a smart comment. And it wouldn't be smart if people said the same thing about Pennsylvania either.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:17 AM

9,174 posts, read 13,263,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
[/b]

No, dude that is not a normal thing. Sunny, humid and 80-90 degrees in summer? Normal. 60 degrees and damp? Not normal. Snow in April is not the norm either. Maybe in the mountains, but not in the southeast part of the state.

Lot's of different white people outside of the cities? Hi, welcome to most of America.

Cities losing population automatically makes the rest of the state undesirable? Even though most are leaving the cities for the 'burbs right outside the cities? Now you're just spouting BS.

And what is everyone's obsession with population on this board? PA is pretty steady in population as a whole, with very small gains every year. But to some people if you're state is not gaining 10% or more people a year then it just sucks. Even though I live in the city...I hate people, the less the better I say.
Nicely done, point by point and a rate up for you.

I have to admit I did not get what he meant by the "it was 60 degrees a few days ago in the middle of the summer". Its only the begining of July!

Unless summer starts for some people in March or April?

Old 07-04-2009, 09:29 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,753,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
So what? Its still smaller. Even my tiny state of NJ has more population density than Florida. Sorry Mr. Realtor, no one is buying.
So What? nice come back for being proven wrong once again. And Of course New Jersey has more population density then Florida and every other state, It is one big suburb of NYC and Philly, lol. But New Jersey is off topic.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Clearly your more considerate than the average smoker but the reality is they litter all the time, just look down the next time you go to a place they allow smokers. I'm glad that your one of the ones that considers other people as you pursue your disgusting habit, unfortunately your in the minority. Getting even a whiff of those unwanted cancerous toxins ruins the typical non smokers day, can cause my hair to stink as bad as your breath, so please consider the other side. I don't think any law should be made to infringe anyones rights as long as that right doesn't effect others and second hand smoke does in huge ways. The law in Florida is backwards and should be abolished.
So Florida should let people smoke in restaurants and not at bars? How does that make anymore sense? You would be a horrible politician.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
You should go travel and see what a real 3-world county looks like. This post shows how ingnorant you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City