Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2009, 09:42 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,949,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
You should go travel and see what a real 3-world county looks like. This post shows how ingnorant you are.
You probably have never seen one either. I find it hard to believe you've ever traveled outside of your beloved FL.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:13 AM

157 posts, read 398,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
You really think I'm lying about knowing a lot of people moving to PA?
No, I'm sure you do - I simply said that, if we're going to base this discussion on anecdotal evidence, I have tales of no small number of people - myself included - who left Pennsylvania and have no intention of moving back.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:19 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
Clearly your more considerate than the average smoker but the reality is they litter all the time, just look down the next time you go to a place they allow smokers. I'm glad that your one of the ones that considers other people as you pursue your disgusting habit, unfortunately your in the minority. Getting even a whiff of those unwanted cancerous toxins ruins the typical non smokers day, can cause my hair to stink as bad as your breath, so please consider the other side. I don't think any law should be made to infringe anyones rights as long as that right doesn't effect others and second hand smoke does in huge ways. The law in Florida is backwards and should be abolished.
I really do consider the source...saying someone has a disgusting habit and that their breath stinks...got you point across loud and clear......not very thoughtful or nicely put on your part however....kinda tacky in my book. Keep in mind your post was of an insulting and condescending mannerso please consider that. PS I think that noxious car and truck toxins should be of more concern...not to mention Florida smells like a combination of raw sewage and dead fish....Every time I travel and return here I wanna wretch from some of the self righteous residents and the foul stink in the air.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
[/b]

No, dude that is not a normal thing. Sunny, humid and 80-90 degrees in summer? Normal. 60 degrees and damp? Not normal. Snow in April is not the norm either. Maybe in the mountains, but not in the southeast part of the state.
Snow in April in Western PA is hardly "rare". In May, yes it is quite rare (though still possible!), but in early April it will happen several times each decade. 60 degrees and damp may be rare in July in PA, but it still happens. The point I was making is that the climate in that part of the country is heavily tilted towards mild and cold temperatures. Some people enjoy that - I'm not one of them. I'll take long, 90-degree summers over long, snowy 20-degree winters without any hesitation...

Quote:
Lot's of different white people outside of the cities? Hi, welcome to most of America.
Actually, there are parts of America where smaller, non-urban counties show diversity as well and are not 99% white. But, Pennsylvania is not in that category. Seeing minorities in suburban and even rural Florida is commonplace; your chance of seeing a non-white person in Pennsylvania outside of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia is about the same as winning the Powerball jackpot.

Quote:
Cities losing population automatically makes the rest of the state undesirable? Even though most are leaving the cities for the 'burbs right outside the cities? Now you're just spouting BS.
Actually, domestic migration tends to flow out of Pennsylvania - when people move, they tend to leave the state for greener pastures elsewhere. Why has the state been steadily losing Congressional districts for decades?

Old 07-04-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
You are leaving out the fact that Pennsylvania is alot smaller than Florida in land. Mr. Realtor, no matter how much you try to hide the condition of Florida, the truth is out and many already know what is happening in Florida.
Let the truth be known: Florida has 65,795 square miles.......Pennsylvania has 46,055 square miles. Therefore PA. IS 69.9999% the size of Florida. THerefore Florida is 31.1111% LARGER LANDWISE than Pennsylvania. source Wikipedia the free encyclopedia . I earlier guestimated from memory....FL. 65,000 and PA. 45,000 square miles so that was pretty close and I rounded. AND the RED TIDE is the most vile smelling phenomena I have ever witnessed in nature...IT stings you eyes and nostrils and really makes many people sick...and it happens a lot...more each year and can last for weeks with MILLIONS of dead fish on the BEACHES, and it occurs many more times per year...just lovely ....but watch out for those digusting and smelly smokers and your hair. And sharks and pythons and BUGS OH MY....LOL...

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 07-04-2009 at 10:53 AM..

Old 07-04-2009, 11:10 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,622,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I am quite aware that an MSA covering 4 states has millions more people than the city that is within it.

And that was a 2% gain over 10 years, the gain over the last year was .3%.

Why does everyone makes these other remarks like it is a bad thing to be working?

Are you unemployed or something?
No, I have a good paying job at a growing, Harrisburg-based IT firm. July 3rd is a paid holiday

Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 AM

I forgot about the alligator that ripped off that old lady's arm and the little girl killed by a python last week. Welcome to Florida.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:19 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,949,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I forgot about the alligator that ripped off that old lady's arm and the little girl killed by a python last week. Welcome to Florida.

Awww, sad

Old 07-04-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Awww, sad
Really is very sad and terrifying! The pythons were let loose by our "smarter" floridians and now number over 300,000. A few years ago a python "ate" a 12 foot gator...but got so sluggish from meal that another gator killed the snake. Anyway they WILL soon be our top predator in Florida...SCARY. They can withstand a larger temperature range than gators and will eventually reach Georgia and beyond. Plus they can climb trees and "fall" on their victim(adult people too) They can reach 30 feet in length and I think(I may be off a bit) 200 pounds. I'm outa here when the market improves...but here they worry about smoking on the dead fish encrusted beaches?

Old 07-04-2009, 02:20 PM

LOL! There are some serious Florida-phobes on this forum. Amazing....

In perspective, I'm fairly certain that the probability of death/incapacitation from sliding off of an icy road in Pennsylvania far surpasses the chance of being swallowed by a python or an alligator. Hell, given Pennsylvania's notoriously derelict infrastructure, one could probably argue that merely crossing a bridge in that state poses a higher risk to life and limb than taking a hike through the Everglades!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City