Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:52 PM

976 posts, read 1,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer222 View Post
Wisconsin is bad, but not as bad as Minnesota.

More people are more familiar Texas or NY, but that's jsut becasue there are more people from those states. People from Minnesota and Wisconsin are obsessed with their states. And the only thing both of them hate more than each other is people from Chicago.

Typical Minnesotan response if you tell them you aren't from there:
"Oooh yah? Didja know dat we got more lakes den you guys dere."

Not saying it's bad though. It';s a great state.
LOL! You think it's bad there? You should come to FL and hear about how much better NY is, and then, they dont leave, they just keep complaining and then more and more keep moving here and then the natives and long-time residents leave as they get so fed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 02:01 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,346,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
LOL! You think it's bad there? You should come to FL and hear about how much better NY is, and then, they dont leave, they just keep complaining and then more and more keep moving here and then the natives and long-time residents leave as they get so fed up.
That's an exaggeration, who would move because someone was getting on their nerves?

I know people who are from FL and CA and I never hear the end of it, its always "oh Miami this" or "oh LA that", so I think the same could apply to everywhere.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:09 PM

199 posts, read 220,448 times
texans have a huge ego but its more of a defense mechanism or somethin... like they brag about the most pointless things that don't benefit them at the very least.
and they often say things like "the republic of texas" and even recently they tried to secede. they're like the fat kid in class who bragged about kicking the ball the hardest during kickball. then went home and cried over a bowl of hot pockets.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:08 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,964,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaSwagger View Post
Yea that is the difference with Californians ... we already know we are on top so we don't really have to "take away" any positives from other states unlike new yorkers. Case in point every time someone posts about why they like CA , insecure new yorkers(except rachael) come in and try to dissect every notion of greatness...like the weather..the beaches, the diversity, etc.

They even do it with Florida when you tell them how great the beaches are and how you don't have to deal with the frigid temps they go "so ...i like 4 seasons and our beaches our better" or some absurd statement.
So true.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
Definitely Texas and people who live in the deep south also have to let you know where they are from (though you can usually tell anyway by their accents). I love Wisconsin, but, as much as I hate to say it, alot of them are egoists too. Alot of people that I know from there think that WI is at the center of the universe and that no place else can compare. I give them hell over it all the time. They just can't figure out why everybody wouldn't want to live in Oshkosh or Sheboygan.
I've experienced that Wisconsin pride 1st hand. When I lived in TX I had a teacher from Wisconsin. And that's AALLLL she would talk about, as if Wisconsin is god's gift to man.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
I used to live in FL, and that holds true for every other state NY invades. I now live in NC, and that is all you hear. We all love NYC, it's a great city, why must you let us know you're from NYC EVERY 5minutes. Geez. Insecure maybe.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
That's an exaggeration, who would move because someone was getting on their nerves?

I know people who are from FL and CA and I never hear the end of it, its always "oh Miami this" or "oh LA that", so I think the same could apply to everywhere.
You may be right, but it's nothing like NY'ers. I'd put Texans and NY'ers toe to toe. NY would probably come out on top.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:19 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,572,066 times
Texas and California for States. You ain't nuthi'n if you ain't from Texas..and don't you forget it, pardner!
22 years being a Yankee down there did me in.
For cities, New York City definitely has the biggest ego. They are really proud of themselves. Maybe for good reason?
When I was in LA, I couldn't get over people telling me they wished they lived in Chicago (where I lived at that time). I couldn't believe it: here they are in what was supposed to be Mecca and movie stars, and they were unhappy there. Go figure?

Old 08-21-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion View Post
texans have a huge ego but its more of a defense mechanism or somethin... like they brag about the most pointless things that don't benefit them at the very least.
and they often say things like "the republic of texas" and even recently they tried to secede. they're like the fat kid in class who bragged about kicking the ball the hardest during kickball. then went home and cried over a bowl of hot pockets.
Indeed Texans have a LARGE ego. But at least it's love of there state and not hatred of others. New Yorkers will move to your state put down your state, and brag about theres. As a matter of fact it was a New Yorker that I met, they asked me where I used to live before I moved to NC, and I told them TX. He sort of rolled his eyes and said TX was a racist state, because GW was from there.. And this guy hasn't even been to TX. I just laughed, it wasn't too big of a deal, then I talk about NY and an argument unsues. I'm telling you man, TX is like:Were TX, were awesome, were, the best, NY is like:Were NY, Were the best, Were awesome, and YOUR state sucks, and I wanna move back to NY, You guys are country yadi yada yada. And I'm sure not ALL New Yorkers are this way.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:55 PM

754 posts, read 1,923,802 times
I forgot to mention that I had a friend who was born in NY and moved to Texas during grammer school. She was the worst; "I am a NY Jew from Texas". Nothing was as good as NY unless it came from Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City