Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 09:56 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,947,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkspice23 View Post
I don't live on a 800 dollar studio Thats what those silly people on new York will pay for.. If I wanted to go to broadway plays,, art museums, concerts sports venues clubs, lounges,etc I can do that right here in Atlanta Ga..I live in a 4 bedroom home me and my lover in sandy springs..which I'm getting ready to sale when I move to DC and the market value of my home is still worth what it was when I first bought it..I have a job that I been on for the last 10 years fianicially I'm doing Great.. I have all the amenties an needs right here on Atlanta Ga.. What do I look like going all the way too NYC to live
and spend ridiculous amounts of money to be piled up next to a bunch of
people... You can enjoy your performing arts, journalism etc none of that
interest me anyway.. Some of the things I like to enjoy NYC can't offer mr especially during the winter...

lmao, that's funny how you compared Atlanta's art museums, venues and lounges to NYC. Wow, just wow...I suppose you can see the Rockettes at Radio city music hall in Atlanta too, right? or how about the world famous paintings like at the MoMa?

I must be wasting a lot of time seeing things in NYC. I have to go to Atlanta to go to all the world-class venues.

And for the record, Atlanta isn't even that much warmer than NYC in the winter.

I mean, I'm glad you enjoy where you live since not many people do....but please, do not compare Atlanta to NYC.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 AM

324 posts, read 659,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
lmao, that's funny how you compared Atlanta's art museums, venues and lounges to NYC. Wow, just wow...I suppose you can see the Rockettes at Radio city music hall in Atlanta too, right? or how about the world famous paintings like at the MoMa?

I must be wasting a lot of time seeing things in NYC. I have to go to Atlanta to go to all the world-class venues.

Don't respond to my post if u can't read.. I never compared Atlanta venues to NYC I stated that if I wanted to go to Art muesums concerts broadway plays sports venues, strip clubs lounges and regular clubs I can do that right here and have a wonderful time.I can do that here in Atlanta.. 2 who said I spend my winters in Atlanta Ga??? All I said was what I like to do I can't do in NYC especially during the winters... Get it together Racheal 84

Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 AM

3,546 posts, read 8,565,642 times
Quote:
lmao, that's funny how you compared Atlanta's art museums, venues and lounges to NYC.
I don't believe he/she was putting Atlanta's museums on par with NYCs, but was rather simply pointing out that Atlanta isn't devoid of cultural amenities.

Or, not everyone feels the need to make the sacrifices (financially and otherwise) to constantly surround themselves with "the best" when "good" will frequently do. I enjoy fine dining, but am not particularly interested on spending $200 on every meal I eat, so I'm content to dine out at "good" restaurants most nights the Mrs. and I decide to venture out.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 AM

403 posts, read 1,394,816 times
Quote:

I mean, I'm glad you enjoy where you live since not many people do....but please, do not compare Atlanta to NYC.
When I lived in ATL, locals would frequently tell me that ATL was the "NYC of the south". It made me sick. I mean how provincial can you get?? I wanted to be like, "ummmm have you BEEN to New York? because this is NOT EVEN CLOSE."

I went back to Atlanta recently and was struck (despite spending years there) how small and suburban it really is.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
I don't believe he/she was putting Atlanta's museums on par with NYCs, but was rather simply pointing out that Atlanta isn't devoid of cultural amenities.

Or, not everyone feels the need to make the sacrifices (financially and otherwise) to constantly surround themselves with "the best" when "good" will frequently do. I enjoy fine dining, but am not particularly interested on spending $200 on every meal I eat, so I'm content to dine out at "good" restaurants most nights the Mrs. and I decide to venture out.

Spending $200 on dinner is very rare in NYC. We have never spent that much on a restaurant. I would say the average dish of a good restaurant in midtown is around $20. Really not that bad at all. The bill will be $200 if you order an expensive bottle of wine though, which my husband and I don't drink. We have date night every Friday, and never manage to spend more than $30 at a restaurant. We go when they have special deals or use coupons. We recently ate at a really good sushi restaurant--getting like $60 worth of sushi for $20, thanks to the awesome coupons on restaurant.com.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambos View Post
When I lived in ATL, locals would frequently tell me that ATL was the "NYC of the south". It made me sick. I mean how provincial can you get?? I wanted to be like, "ummmm have you BEEN to New York? because this is NOT EVEN CLOSE."

I went back to Atlanta recently and was struck (despite spending years there) how small and suburban it really is.

I know, it's pretty sad. I've been to Atlanta a few times, and there was honestly nothing ever exciting going on. I mean, my friends who live in Atlanta take me to chains like ESPN zone...

Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post

Right lol They keep talking about world class when alot of citizens in the USA it don't take world class venues to satisfy them. They can go to a nice good broadway play and be happy. They act like you can't do anything in other cities. Only in NYC there is city life in every major metro..

Old 05-06-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Spending $200 on dinner is very rare in NYC.
I'm sure that it is, but that wasn't my point.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I mean, my friends who live in Atlanta take me to chains like ESPN zone...
Wow, how lame.

ESPN Zone, a Taste of ESPN - New York Zone (http://www.espnzone.com/NewYork/ - broken link)

Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I know, it's pretty sad. I've been to Atlanta a few times, and there was honestly nothing ever exciting going on. I mean, my friends who live in Atlanta take me to chains like ESPN zone...
Well sorry that there is nothing ever exciting for u here in Atlanta.. I feel the same way about NYC it's gotten a bit dull I must say.. It's how my friends in NYC are dying to get out of NYC...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City