Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 11:36 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkspice23 View Post
When I visit places I don't stay in tourist traps I happen to know plenty of people in NYC that were born and raised there and that's who I hang with they know the city quite well. There a lil tired of NYC themselves and are ready to move on. So please dont come to me with this tourist trap thing that u always bringup when someone tells u that NYC gets boring. I've had far better moments and times in other places... We know how u love NYC, the funny thing about it is when u pass
away NYC is not going to care a rats a$$ about u as much as u brag and care. About it. Your not goin to leave no kinda legacy behind where the city will acknowledge your name.. The only legacy your going to leave are your sickening post u leave on city data ............

Um, where did I EVER mention on CD that I care about what type of legacy I leave with this city? lmao, I never even once considered something so ridiculous. I'm not THAT high and mighty...never heard of something so strange in my life.

So what neighborhoods did you stay in with your friends to experience the city life? What places did you check out in those neighborhoods?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:37 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carverR View Post
You are simply breaking my heart. Go back to your county fair.

I like you, good post

Old 05-05-2010, 11:47 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,703,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkspice23 View Post
Almost every NY that comes on city data have these same boasting mentality.. As if the whole world revolves around NYC, like You can't be entertained in another city . I will go to LA Chicago Vegas Miami just as fast as I go to NY and after u have been to NYC several times it becomes a bit dull anyway.. So enjoy your world class Venues that some people don't even
care about attending....
After going to NYC several times it gets dull? How can it be dull when everything is 24/7? How can it be dull when is the largest city in the US? hahaha that was a good laugh In NYC, not just Manhattan as some tourists think that Manhattan is NYC, we have different types of foods, different types parks museums, Little Italy, broadway shows etc.... Now in a city that is much smaller you will get bored but in NYC? come on...

Old 05-06-2010, 12:08 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,699,687 times
NYC
San Francisco
Chicago
DC
Philly
Boston
Seattle (to some extent)
Miami (to some extent)
LA (to some extent)

Old 05-06-2010, 12:22 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,055,953 times
Best city for city life? Chicago, IMHO.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:22 AM

245 posts, read 215,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
After going to NYC several times it gets dull? How can it be dull when everything is 24/7? How can it be dull when is the largest city in the US? hahaha that was a good laugh In NYC, not just Manhattan as some tourists think that Manhattan is NYC, we have different types of foods, different types parks museums, Little Italy, broadway shows etc.... Now in a city that is much smaller you will get bored but in NYC? come on...

Of course one can get bored in NYC but it reflects on one's personality rather than on the city. If one gets bored in a 10M city often considered the cultural hub of the western hemisphere then one is probably a very boring person himself/herself.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Of course one can get bored in NYC but it reflects on one's personality rather than on the city. If one gets bored in a 10M city often considered the cultural hub of the western hemisphere then one is probably a very boring person himself/herself.
Or they just don't have a nack for the things offered by a city with nearly 10 million people.

Some people can have the time of their life out in a farm, and not be thrilled in a city.

It's highly subjective and should pertain to one's own interest and opinions.

But yes, there is no doubt plenty to do in New York City, museums, theaters, monuments, art galleries, tall buildings, sums up everything I care about there.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:08 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,737,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
800 for a studio vs a townhome for the same amount in some other areas of the USA . Does not sound like your getting you moneys worth to me 700,000 dollars for a house vs the same type of house elsewhere for 200,000 Sound like your paying more than you should....
we're talking about city life, not the housing market.
you get more bang for your buck in the best city in the country. the economic opportunities, the ppl, lifestyle, food, sights, etc. are what i'm referring to when i say you "get what you pay for."

nyc is the only answer to the question the OP asked.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:32 AM

245 posts, read 215,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Or they just don't have a nack for the things offered by a city with nearly 10 million people.

Some people can have the time of their life out in a farm, and not be thrilled in a city.

It's highly subjective and should pertain to one's own interest and opinions.

But yes, there is no doubt plenty to do in New York City, museums, theaters, monuments, art galleries, tall buildings, sums up everything I care about there.

Some people may have the time of their life picking their nose but what does it change? If one is bored with what NYC offers in terms of "city life" then one must be a very boring person.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Some people may have the time of their life picking their nose but what does it change? If you one is bored with what NYC offers in terms of "city life" then one must be a very boring person.
Whatever...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City