Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkspice23 View Post
Almost every NY that comes on city data have these same boasting mentality.. As if the whole world revolves around NYC, like You can't be entertained in another city . I will go to LA Chicago Vegas Miami just as fast as I go to NY and after u have been to NYC several times it becomes a bit dull anyway.. So enjoyed your world class Venues that alot people don't even care about attending....

haha ok, you really don't think a lot of people care about seeing a show in Radio City, or a broadway theatre? I'm sorry, but no where else in the country can compare. London and NY are the best cities when it comes to the popularity of venues for seeing shows.

NYC gets dull to you because you probably only stay in Manhattan. Probably just like the typical tourist who stays in midtown and really only sees downtown and midtown. I've been living in the area my entire life and still have not seen everything this city has to offer

Old 05-05-2010, 09:25 PM

324 posts, read 659,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
haha ok, you really don't think a lot of people care about seeing a show in Radio City, or a broadway theatre? I'm sorry, but no where else in the country can compare. London and NY are the best cities when it comes to the popularity of venues for seeing shows.

NYC gets dull to you because you probably only stay in Manhattan. Probably just like the typical tourist who stays in midtown and really only sees downtown and midtown. I've been living in the area my entire life and still have not seen everything this city has to offer

When I visit places I don't stay in tourist traps I happen to know plenty of people in NYC that were born and raised there and that's who I hang with they know the city quite well. There a lil tired of NYC themselves and are ready to move on. So please dont come to me with this tourist trap thing that u always bringup when someone tells u that NYC gets boring. I've had far better moments and times in other places... We know how u love NYC, the funny thing about it is when u pass
away NYC is not going to care a rats a$$ about u as much as u brag and care. About it. Your not goin to leave no kinda legacy behind where the city will acknowledge your name..

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-06-2010 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-05-2010, 09:39 PM

245 posts, read 214,933 times
Quote:
Almost every NY that comes on city data have these same boasting mentality.. As if the whole world revolves around NYC, like You can't be entertained in another city . I will go to LA Chicago Vegas Miami just as fast as I go to NY and after u have been to NYC several times it becomes a bit dull anyway.. So enjoyed your world class Venues that alot people don't even care about attending....
And who cares what you think? There are milions around the world who consider New York the cultural center of the Western Hemipshere and pay a lot of money to experience the city and its culture. Yeah, we all going to come to your town and enjoy the ever popular county fair.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:54 PM

324 posts, read 659,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carverR View Post
And who cares what you think? There are milions around the world who consider New York the cultural center of the Western Hemipshere and pay a lot of money to experience the city and its culture. Yeah, we all going to come to your town and enjoy the ever popular county fair.
Yep just like people spend a whole lot of money on vegas LA Miami and Chicago with all it's amenities..and things to do.. Like i said before I've had better times in other places than NYC so no NYC is not my #1 place to visit with cultural amenties and things too do. Evidentally u care since your responding to my post.. Yes there are millions who don't care if they saw NYC a day in there life..

Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 PM

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Answer to the thread question: New York City

Other than that, I would leave the U.S. and head for cities like London, Tokyo or Paris for the "best city life" experience.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 05-05-2010 at 10:13 PM..

Old 05-05-2010, 10:07 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,124 times
1. New York City
2. Washington, D.C.
3. Chicago
4. Philadelphia
5. Boston

Old 05-05-2010, 10:08 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,559,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
1. New York City
2. Washington, D.C.
3. Chicago
4. Philadelphia
5. Boston
You're missing San Francisco.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:11 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
You're missing San Francisco.
yea that too, and the whole bay area.

I would add LA too, but LA to me is one big suburb.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
1. NYC
2. SF
3. LA
4. Philly
5.Etc..

Old 05-05-2010, 10:47 PM

245 posts, read 214,933 times
Quote:
Yep just like people spend a whole lot of money on vegas LA Miami and Chicago with all it's amenities..and things to do.. Like i said before I've had better times in other places than NYC so no NYC is not my #1 place to visit with cultural amenties and things too do. Evidentally u care since your responding to my post.. Yes there are millions who don't care if they saw NYC a day in there life..
You are simply breaking my heart. Go back to your county fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City