Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 AM

324 posts, read 659,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carverR View Post
Yeah and Atlanta is just like London and Tokyo

I never said that!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 AM

245 posts, read 215,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkspice23 View Post
1600 lol and its probably 400sq ft Thats a mortgage you might as well go buy you a town House lol Thats why majority of the people in NYC have roomates they cant afford to live on there own
And they still would rather live in NYC than in Atlanta. Mind bogling, isn't it?

By the way, you can still buy a nice, new condo in very live part of Brooklyn, two stops from Manhattan for about 400K. Rachael you wnet to Poland, right? You may like Greenpoint, Brooklyn then

Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 AM

245 posts, read 215,378 times
Quote:
I never said that!!!

Give us break babe. Stay in Atlanta and enjoy local arts and culture just don't expect others to jump on the plane and visit.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:01 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,630,059 times
Quote:
And they still would rather live in NYC than in Atlanta. Mind bogling, isn't it?

By the way, you can still buy a nice, new condo in very live part of Brooklyn, two stops from Manhattan for about 400K.
How much are townhomes in White Plains?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times
Quote:
It was the trains stations that were driving me nuts. I Just spent alot of money just catching cabs because I couldnt take the smell.. There are a few New trains and alot of the old ones are still there... But those train stations MY GOD!!! when it comes to world class clean train systems London and tokyo are good examples...

Why do you wanna know so bad where I was in NYC. Again Im going to wite 2 senteces , I DONT NEED TO VALIDATE THAT THRU YOU

This is why the trains smell like pee

YouTube - peeing on the F train

I've been riding the subway my whole life, and have never seen anyone pee in the subway. You make it seem like this happens all the time.

You're insulting our subway system when Atlanta's world class transit looks like this:

http://people.reed.edu/~reyn/MARTA.gif

And it's common sense that a subway system that started in the 1890s vs. a system that began in the early 70s, lol.

There's a reason why people move to NYC if they want to experience the city life and not living in a car-dependent city.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:

By the way, you can still buy a nice, new condo in very live part of Brooklyn, two stops from Manhattan for about 400K. Rachael you wnet to Poland, right? You may like Greenpoint, Brooklyn then

Never been to that neighborhood, but my family is from Maspeth, which has one of the highest populations of Poles in the city too. I sometimes go to the Polish grocery stores there. Gotta get my fix of pierogies sometimes, lol. But I ate so many there, that I won't want any for about 6 months or so

I'll check out Greenpoint sometime.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:09 AM

I'm still waiting to see what neighborhoods a certain poster has experienced the city life in the outer-boroughs. Me thinks someone has never left midtown Manhattan

Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM

324 posts, read 659,859 times
Quote:

Yep just like all the transplants from NYC jersey that live in Charlotte and Atlanta would rather stay in Atl with a nice house on huge property.. Than cluttered. I'm pretty sure u would like some of the homes off sugarloaf pkwy

Old 05-06-2010, 11:15 AM

Most people dont expect the outer-boroughs of NYC to be exciting, but honestly, I find the neighborhoods more exciting and real close-knit:

YouTube - Jackson Heights

YouTube - Broadway in Astoria Queens

YouTube - Egypt African cup 2010 win Celebrations in Astoria Queens

And those are just 3 neighborhoods...

Old 05-06-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Yep just like all the transplants from NYC jersey that live in Charlotte and Atlanta would rather stay in Atl with a nice house on huge property.. Than cluttered. I'm pretty sure u would like some of the homes off sugarloaf pkwy

Oh yeah? might want to check out this thread and see how many people moved to Atlanta say that the bigger house isn't worth it; that they would much rather be in a smaller house and in NYC:

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...thing-out.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City