Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Orlando 75 39.27%
Tampa 116 60.73%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:19 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Well boy from Orlando, I was obviously talking metro areas with the link I posted. Your post before this one made no sense. I'm sure others will understand what I was meaning and not get confused.
Oh it made no sense when confronted about it when this whole time it seems as though your talking about city limits then switch it to Metro? Hmmm Ok. Yeah I made zero sense.

Your not even from here so I'm quite sure you have little Idea as to what Tampa or Orlando is like. You may was well be an idiot to Houston too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 11:26 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,951,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Oh it made no sense when confronted about it when this whole time it seems as though your talking about city limits then switch it to Metro? Hmmm Ok. Yeah I made zero sense.

Your not even from here so I'm quite sure you have little Idea as to what Tampa or Orlando is like. You may was well be an idiot to Houston too.
Think about it, if I'm referring to international and domestic migration, as well as natural increase, how can I be referring to city limits? The Census does not take not of that for city limits, or at least they aren't available online. I'm willing to bet GLS2010 knew what I was talking about. And I've been to both Tampa and Orlando, thank you, and not sure why the facts I posted are getting you so upset. And I'm an idiot for Houston as well? Now you throw out insults? Grow up boy.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Think about it, if I'm referring to international and domestic migration, as well as natural increase, how can I be referring to city limits? The Census does not take not of that for city limits, or at least they aren't available online. And I've been to both Tampa and Orlando, thank you, and not sure why the facts I posted are getting you so upset. And I'm an idiot for Houston as well? Now you throw out insults? Grow up boy.
First of all your threw an insult. If I was upset you would clearly know. That being said I'm likely taller than you since you want me to "Grow Up"..Yeah

And You Said ORLANDO - Clearly That Does Not Speak For The Whole Metro. Point Was If Your Speaking For The Whole Metro You Should Clarify Yourself. When You Say Orlando - One does not know your speaking of Seminole, Lake, Osceola and all of Orange County as well. Their are other individual municipalities situated in the Orlando area. Same as you could be saying "Miami" and be talking about Ft. Lauderdale West Palm etc. But one from that area would literally think of Miami-Dade County alone. Same with Tampa. Your not going to state "Tampa" and be referring to St. Petersburg or Brandenton.

Doesnt matter. Clearly misunderstood. maybe you should grow up. Oops too late.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
First of all your threw an insult. If I was upset you would clearly know. That being said I'm likely taller than you since you want me to "Grow Up"..Yeah

And You Said ORLANDO - Clearly That Does Not Speak For The Whole Metro. Point Was If Your Speaking For The Whole Metro You Should Clarify Yourself. When You Say Orlando - One does not know your speaking of Seminole, Lake, Osceola and all of Orange County as well. Their are other individual municipalities situated in the Orlando area. Same as you could be saying "Miami" and be talking about Ft. Lauderdale West Palm etc. But one from that area would literally think of Miami-Dade County alone. Same with Tampa. Your not going to state "Tampa" and be referring to St. Petersburg or Brandenton.

Doesnt matter. Clearly misunderstood. maybe you should grow up. Oops too late.
Um...you are really going to start talking about height, etc.? You are clearly getting too into this and taking it way too seriously. Check my edit on my last post on the last page. It'll explain why I just said Orlando. Now, maybe I should have said Orlando area, but when talking about domestic/international migration and natural increase, I thought it was pretty clear I wasn't meaning city limits.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Um...you are really going to start talking about height, etc.? You are clearly getting too into this and taking it way too seriously. Check my edit on my last post on the last page. It'll explain why I just said Orlando. Now, maybe I should have said Orlando area, but when talking about domestic/international migration and natural increase, I thought it was pretty clear I wasn't meaning city limits.
The height thing, ha, you said grow up, sure you were talking about maturity but I'm no idiot, you were bashing my name as it reads ----BOY----. have you know a name does not speaketh for my age besides it was a Joke lighten up.

Well I just clarified how a local would take it is what I'm saying. Lets say someone from Winter Garden (City in orlando Area) was being asked about statistics of Orlando. They would be inaccurate giving information about Orlando itself as Winter Garden takes it's own statistics. Not to say it is established and important to the. Economy. I guess Natural increase would include the Metro.

Kind of difficult to comprehend because I drive all around Orlando knowing when you cross this jurisdiction or this city line statistics change.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:45 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,690,477 times
Quote:
Think about it, if I'm referring to international and domestic migration, as well as natural increase, how can I be referring to city limits? The Census does not take not of that for city limits, or at least they aren't available online. I'm willing to bet GLS2010 knew what I was talking about. And I've been to both Tampa and Orlando, thank you, and not sure why the facts I posted are getting you so upset. And I'm an idiot for Houston as well? Now you throw out insults? Grow up boy.
I knew what you were saying. When I say Orlando the majority of the time I mean metro Orlando. I thought this whole thread was comparing the metros. I hate city limits because they vary in size (land area) from city to city.

The recession is the reason for those numbers. 2008-2009 the two worst years of the recession.. We will see what this year brings. So far its looking better.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I knew what you were saying. When I say Orlando the majority of the time I mean metro Orlando. I thought this whole thread was comparing the metros.

The recession is the reason for those numbers. the two worst years of the recession.. We will see what this year brings. So far its looking good.
Exactly.

I think Orlando will bounce back. Part of that from the tourist attractions. As long as they are there, there will always be strong investments in Orlando. Not to mention the growing IT and medical industries, plus NASA isn't too far away. Orlando is good. The only city in Florida with more potential in my opinion is Miami, because it's Miami.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 PM

Well if it is, a mistake on me when he said Orlando. No Big deal geesh!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:06 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,748,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I'm done, this isn't worth it. I speak with facts. You asked me where I heard it, I gave you a link. Whether you want to believe it or not believe it is your own choice. To dismiss science is when I leave the conversation, irrationality doesn't interest me in the slightest.
The fact is, it is nearly impossible to project where a hurricane is going, and meteoroligists have been doing that for many years. So how can you trust projections on an oil spill? You read one article that said the oil spill could reach Tampa Bay and you take it to heart so you could use it against Tampa in favour of Orlando. That is a fact.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:11 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,690,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
The fact is, it is nearly impossible to project where a hurricane is going, and meteoroligists have been doing that for many years. So how can you trust projections on an oil spill? You read one article that said the oil spill could reach Tampa Bay and you take it to heart so you could use it against Tampa in favour of Orlando. That is a fact.
Its not nearly impossible to track a hurricane now a days. MOST of the time, the projections are fairly accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City