Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Orlando 75 39.27%
Tampa 116 60.73%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 05:37 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Projections? like the same projections that said Hurricane Charley was going to hit Tampa?
That was funny, Tons of people from Tampa evacuated and fled to their friends and family's homes in Orlando, then Charley made a last min turn and hit Orlando and Tampa barely had any damage haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 08:28 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Projections? like the same projections that said Hurricane Charley was going to hit Tampa?
I'm done, this isn't worth it. I speak with facts. You asked me where I heard it, I gave you a link. Whether you want to believe it or not believe it is your own choice. To dismiss science is when I leave the conversation, irrationality doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:11 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Disney was a gift I guess, but now Orlando is a mecca for family friendly entertainment. Who cares about the what ifs. Walt Disney picked Orlando for a reason, I hate when people say "if Orlando never got disney... blah blah blah" WHO cares..

Btw, Tampa is barely bigger than Orlando, and sooner or later our populations are going to merge anyways.
Only if the growth in Orlando picks up. Orlando was growing fast but has actually started losing people domestically. Tampa, surprisingly, has not lost people domestically like Orlando.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:30 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Only if the growth in Orlando picks up. Orlando was growing fast but has actually started losing people domestically. Tampa, surprisingly, has not lost people domestically like Orlando.

Orlando was growing faster when the recession hit, so it was effected worse. But as the economy picks up, Orlando will again attract more people than Tampa.

do you have any statistics showing Orlando loosing more people domestically than Tampa? They are basically in the same general housing market.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,209,678 times
Quote:
Our Population actually increased....

Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Orlando was growing faster when the recession hit, so it was effected worse. But as the economy picks up, Orlando will again attract more people than Tampa.

do you have any statistics showing Orlando loosing more people domestically than Tampa? They are basically in the same general housing market.
Metropolitan Statistical Area (CBSA) Population and Components of Change

So, two years in a row did Orlando lose people domestically, with HIGH dropoffs before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Our Population actually increased....
From international migration and natural increase.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Metropolitan Statistical Area (CBSA) Population and Components of Change

So, two years in a row did Orlando lose people domestically, with HIGH dropoffs before that.

From international migration and nayural increase.
How are you going to debate about Orlando but show Metro Statistics?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
How are you going to debate about Orlando but show Metro Statistics?
Are you serious? Just scroll down and click on the Orlando area and/or Tampa area. It's not that hard. Unless you all were talking strictly city limits, which I doubt. You can't determine the figures I was talking about going off of city limits.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Are you serious? Just scroll down and click on the Orlando area and/or Tampa area. It's not that hard. Unless you all were talking strictly city limits, which I doubt. You can't determine the figures I was talking about going off of city limits.
Guy from Houston, that is what I was asking basically. I just reiterated what you posted as a statement. I wasn't sure whether you yourself were referring to city limits or Metro's.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Guy from Houston, that is what I was asking basically. I just reiterated what you posted as a statement. I wasn't sure whether you yourself were referring to city limits or Metro's.
Well boy from Orlando, I was obviously talking metro areas with the link I posted. Your post before this one made no sense. I'm sure others will understand what I was meaning and not get confused.

I'll say this for future reference: usually when someone says a city name, they are referring to metro areas on forums like these. Rarely does it mean solely city limits. Especially in a thread like this one where that wasn't even the case. You were comparing metro areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City