Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 08:45 AM

858 posts, read 2,993,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Pair View Post
1 - POA FEE is $790 per year, paid semi-annually.

2 - To use the CLUBS facilities, you begin by paying the INITIATION FEE of $15K nonrefundable or $30K refundable (not a full refund)
Isn't the "Initiation fee" only for golf? I didn't think there was an initiation fee for the other club activities like the fitness center, tennis, etc., just monthly fees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 09:49 AM

78 posts, read 199,773 times
My understanding is that everyone who wishes to join the "Clubs" pays either 15k or 30k initiation fee.This entitles you to the basic social membership(fitness,club pools etc) for around $160/month fee.Tennis and golf are the next levels for additional $/month.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:14 AM

38 posts, read 91,248 times
Default Fees & dues

Texas Tim is correct. You must pay the $15K or $30K INITIATION FEE to use any of the CLUB facilities plus DUES based on the LEVEL of MEMBERSHIP you choose, be it GOLF, TENNIS or SOCIAL Membership.

ANYONE can eat at any of the Clubs. That's it.

I refer you back 2 or 3 pages to my REPLY message titled "Dues and Golf Fees from the horses mouth."

Old 03-27-2012, 10:45 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,018 times
Interesting Article:

Southport, NC (PRWEB) March 24, 2012

The focus for many seems to remain on the real estate market’s many challenges. It’s hard NOT to be skeptical of the positives there hasn’t been a lot to get excited about over the past few years. But with these challenges, St. James Plantation, in Southport, North Carolina, has managed some positives. Some positives that are unbelievable. After 20 solid years in the real estate business, St. James is proud of the continued accomplishments. In 2011, St. James Plantation….

*Welcomed 160 families!
*Celebrated real estate sales totaling over $30 million.
*Remain #1 in the hearts of over 4,000 property owners!
*Remain the top real estate company in St. James for total listings AND sold property.
And, in 2012 – St. James is off to an unbelievable start. In fact, there’s never been a better time to be at St. James Plantation. Why, you ask?
*The weather! Spring has officially arrived with a warm breeze, Carolina blue skies and flowers a’bloom.
*Interest rates! They remain at an all-time low.
*Construction Activity! Over 100 homes are currently under construction in the 6,000 private, gated community.
*46 Hours! Someone new calls St. James “home” every 46 hours!
*New-New-New! New neighborhoods in St. James are offering plenty of new home options at very appealing prices.

The excitement continues to build this spring as St. James Plantation reveals endless real estate opportunities in some of its newest neighborhoods. The scoop:

*New condominiums in Harborwalk will put you steps from the 475-slip marina (155 wet slips, 320 dry) and all the action that the boardwalk brings – including Tommy Thompson’s Grille and Tiki Bar, a fresh market, The St. James Artisans Gallery and more. Priced from the $290’s.

*Perfectly-priced homes in Regency Lakes offer high-style, low-maintenance living with a traditional feel. New choices – including smaller and smarter floorplans – offer the perfect solution for all the fun (and freedom) you’re looking for in your next home. Priced from the upper $200’s.

*See SeaSide’s new cottages! Each cozy costal floorplan is open and airy, offers great space for entertaining, features quality designer finishes and doesn’t compromise on storage. The resort-style swim club and great location help round-out the neighborhood’s perks. Priced from the low $200’s
*The debut of 5 new model homes in Woodlands Park – built by some of the area’s best builders. The Parkview Collection is the biggest model row in St. James Plantation and will feature beautiful custom homes from Kent Homes, Jack Satterwhite Builders, Barker & Canady Homes, Bill Clark Homes and Logan Homes. Priced from the $400’s.

•Let’s not forget the homes and homesites. St. James sales team focuses exclusively on St. James Plantation – who know it better than anyone because they are St. James – 24/7! Visit St. James Plantation’s website to search available homes, homesites, condos and boat slips!

Or, visit one of the two convenient sales center locations – across the street from our main entrance on Highway 211 or at our marina.

Mark Your Calendars!
Tour the models, as well as other custom homes throughout the neighborhood at the Memorial Day Open House Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, May 26th and 27th. Stay tuned for more details.

Spring is definitely off to a great start at St. James Plantation. Find out more about St. James by visiting http://www.StJamesPlantation.com, calling us at (800) 245-3871, or emailing us at Information@StJamesPlantation.com.

About St. James Plantation
Ideally located along the North Carolina coast, near Wilmington, Southport and Myrtle Beach, St. James Plantation offers homes, home sites, and completed private amenities in a gated community that's ideal for retirement and active adult living. Residents enjoy the North Carolina coastal setting, signature golf courses, a private beach club, and an Intracoastal Waterway marina and marketplace. To discover the golf, waterfront, and coastal lifestyle of St. James Plantation, the number one-selling community in the Coastal Carolinas for over 20 years, visit http://www.stjamesplantation.com or call 800.245.3871.

*Data sources: The M.O.R.E. Report and Brunswick County Association of Realtors

Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9320680.htm

Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
That's not an "article". It's a press release aka an advertisement. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But let's be clear about it's source, please - PRweb contains press releases written my the companies themselves - it's advertising and a way of building a higher SEO profile on Google.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:44 PM

140 posts, read 317,462 times
Sorry, but I'm a little skeptical when I hear 100 active home building sites in St. James right now.

There would be a line of white contractor vans on Rte. 211 every morning trying to enter St. James that would reach into Southport, as would the 5PM exit.

100 active home building sites, I think not...

Ron W.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:48 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,018 times
JKgourmet: i never stated where the source was but if you read the whole "ARTICLE" you would have seen where it was written from.

Sheesh!!, Did I hit a nerve or something?? Calm down Tiger!!!

*Data sources: The M.O.R.E. Report and Brunswick County Association of Realtors

Old 04-05-2012, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,068 times
Hi all, I just returned from a trip to SJP to check it out as a place to semi-retire; I am a single female looking for a safe place to live with a lot of amenities, like trails, pools,fitness center; I don't play golf or tennis,but being surrounded by all that beautiful scenery is uplifting. I would move to SJP in a heartbeat. I met all kinds of people in their 40's on up; everyone was extremely cordial, and not one bit "uppity". No matter where you live you are going to find nice people, snobby people, etc. Several thousand people live at SJP-so I know I can find people I like to do things with. I am looking at housing at the lower end of the houses available/being built and found at least a dozen so far. I agree that the club memberships are confusing but talk directly to one of the realtors at the sales center to find the best membership that suits you. Granted, SJP is a bit remote, but leave SJP and you will find plenty of places to shop, eat, see movies, plays, dance, etc. You will have to do some research to find your places for entertainment, but that's true of any new place you move to. If you are expecting SJP/Wilmington to offer what big cities offer, then you are looking at the wrong area to move to. Yes, SJP has a lot of people from the Northeast, but so does Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, and in Santa Fe where I live. If people from the Northeast(or from any other geographic area) are a concern to you, then look for other areas of the US to live in. I also like that you can fly from the Wilmington airport, about 25" minutes from SJP, to anywhere fairly easily. Lots of direct flights to major US cities. I took advantage of the SJP visitor program, staying 2 nights, etc. It was a great way to see what's available at SJP, meet some of the people who live there now and to meet others who are checking out SJP as a place to move to.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-16-2014 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: tos violation

Old 04-05-2012, 03:40 PM

805 posts, read 2,005,017 times
Dear Biscy...... sheesh, you must have hit a nerve or something ! Ya know, it's very hard to listen to such unhappy people that can be "skeptical" of the actual realities of life.... they allow their tongues to flap around without any actual facts.... but then again, that's how we got the president we currently enjoy. Even someone that may have just driven through the place quickly for 16 or 17 minutes would have notices the new construction going on.

I realize that I am a... let's see now.... yep, a cheerleader for the place as we are quite happy with our choice but that doesn't actually come into the picture...... all one has to do is actually drive through this massive place for an hour and they would lose count trying to keep track of all the new construction going on. I'll bet it's higher than 100 units right now..... very difficult to drive down ANY street in the place and not see new construction everywhere.... 1 here 2 over there everywhere you go on almost every street you drive down.... in the Reserve section alone there must be two dozen new homes under construction within a few blocks of the clubhouse, one would have to be fairly blind not to see them and comment on the amount of new construction going on..... plus Kent has 9 new ones that I just counted on one new street in the Seaside section not counting the two dozen or more townhouses by the developer near the Seaside pool that were just started..... and that's just the Reserve..... you have to get a pad and pencil to count the ones in the Woodlands, there are simply too many to count on your fingers..... and that's just two sections of the place.

But, I digress. The fact is that new construction is happening at quite a brisk pace just as stated in that article and I am pulling the permit for my house tomorrow..... very excited.... I must admit though that the most interesting yet inane comment was the one about there having to be a long white line of contractor vans to prove something or other.... got a good chuckle on that one. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:26 AM

1,531 posts, read 2,419,967 times
As mentioned in a prior post I spent last weekend on Sunset Beach and played the 4 courses at Ocean Ridge. First off SB is in my opinion the nicest of the barrier beaches in the area. Up scale homes, wide beach and extensive dune system set it apart from the rest. The OR beach house has no pool and limited parking. Not sure if that is an issue in the summer months.

The 4 tracks at OR are all great with Tigers Eye being over the top and IMO better than the Reserve at SJ. Seems to be much less housing on the course at OR vs SJ but that could be the build rate. The golf staff were all from other plantations which leads me to believe you don't work where you live.

From a housing standpoint OR is all free standing top of the line homes. No cookie cutter's in site and no slight facade changes on the same model for the most part though there was one area on Lions Paw that was close. Some highway noise off of RT 17 could be heard which was a bummer on two holes and probably for the housing nearby. Gate off of RT 17 was manned but the two others were wide open during the day. Not sure on the status of those entrances at night.

No Tommy Thompson's but the bar had a good crowd for happy hour with $1.50 drafts. When I mentioned to anyone that I was looking at SJ or OR for a move in 4-5 years they all pushed OR, no surprise. The comments on SJ were traffic on 211 and being isolated. They said OR gives you a wider variety of courses in the area and access to NMB and all it has to offer.

Everyone I met was a relo mostly from the Northeast and love it there. I suppose all that didn't have packed up and moved back north. I was leaning toward SJ but OR is now in the mix for me as I like the single family home concept in the development. I have time to study the matter over the next few years as I see no change in pricing in the near future that would make me buy earlier than plan.

Last edited by caco54; 04-06-2012 at 06:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina