Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 PM

1,534 posts, read 2,426,318 times

Advertisements

Headed down that way at the end of the month for a long weekend of golf and I am sure a few too many "holy waters". Staying on Sunset Beach and playing all four of the courses at Ocean Ridge. Even though SJP is in my future (5 years and counting) I am anxious to take a hard look at the "Ridge". I will post my review.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 02:21 PM

805 posts, read 2,006,394 times
Caco.... FYI, whilst at Sunset beach..... there is an "excellent" Italian restaurant that we went to last week right behind the Food Lion..... thought I was in Hoboken, great food....

La Cucina Italian Grill - Home

a really nice young gentleman named Ricardo owns it and he is doing a beautiful job..... every seat was filled.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:57 PM

383 posts, read 892,727 times
Stone,

Is there a bakery down there that rivals Carlo's in Hoboken?

Pony

Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM

1,534 posts, read 2,426,318 times
Thanks for the tip Stoney, nice menu indeed. In my many golf trips down to Myrtle it always appeared to me to be fast food and chain restuarant heaven (or hell). Give me a family owned joint where they put their heart and soul into the place and you'll have a good meal. As I recall you had foul weather on your OR visit. We are hoping for clear skys and long drives. Tough to get a flavor of a community looking at the back of houses from the golf course but I am sure I will run into a few residents who want to chat and answer questions.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 AM

805 posts, read 2,006,394 times
Pony, you really pushin' the wish list now.....

HOWEVER, the Butcher of Brunswick AKA Randy's Meat Market on Rt 17 South in Holden beach, just about 20 minutes from here, has what I personally would call VERY good pastry items..... he brings them in frozen ( along with frozen bread dough that he bakes fresh each day ) from a bakery in Brooklyn where he is from ( don't know which bakery ) and has a deli case filled with all sorts of items from the bakery..... if you close one eye and carefully look over your glasses you definitely might think you were looking at a deli case in Hoboken..... pretty good stuff IMO.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:03 AM

10,037 posts, read 15,698,242 times
Hey guys, could anyone give me rough idea of what the total is of all the fees? I know there's a POA fee and a golf membership fee. Is there still an initiation fee, and if so, how much is it currently?

Old 03-17-2012, 12:03 PM

38 posts, read 91,289 times
Default FEE Total is up to you.

1 - POA FEE is $790 per year, paid semi-annually.

2 - To use the CLUBS facilities, you begin by paying the INITIATION FEE of $15K nonrefundable or $30K refundable (not a full refund)

3 - Your other fees are based on which level of CLUB membership you choose. For details, go back 1 or 2 pages, to my message titled "Dues and Golf fees from the horses mouth."

4 - Get out your calculator and add them up.

5 - If you live in a condo/townhouse or a maintanance free neighborhood like Regency Lakes or Seaside, you will also pay an HOA Fee for the maintanance of your lot. The fee is different for each development.

Hope this helps you.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Thanks.

The POA fee is reasonable. Is the $495 golf membership per member or per family?

Old 03-17-2012, 03:24 PM

38 posts, read 91,289 times
Default FEES (continued)

Family

One "FEE" I neglected to mention:
As a CLUB member, at any level, you will be required to spend a minimum of $600 per year in the restaurants/grills at the CLUBS, or be billed for the shortage. It works out to $50/month (figured that out without a calculator), which is easy to do by having dinner for two, once a month, at THE RESERVE CLUB. Recommend it highly.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:39 PM

Thanks again. I'll pass the information along to my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina