Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 11:55 AM

805 posts, read 2,005,905 times

Advertisements

OK boys and girls.... a new tidbit of info...... according to the boys "in the know" at the Town of St James, the new Loewes on RT 211 is waiting for some work to be completed on the new Loewes being built over in Leland on RT 17 near the Walmart, when that is completed, "shortly" ( whatever that means ), the work will begin in earnest at the 211 site.... in addition they tell me that a Holiday Inn Express has "committed" to go in right next to the loewes at the same location. Just trying to keep you up to speed and out of the darkness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 02:54 PM

65 posts, read 157,165 times
we have our condo rental at winding river, moving down in three weeks! Can`t wait. Thanks for all the help and advice from everyone. Hope to see you there

Old 02-26-2012, 03:22 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,423,993 times
Stoney, nice to see Lowes coming to town. How have you found the supermarkets compared to what you had in NJ?

Old 02-26-2012, 05:16 PM

805 posts, read 2,005,905 times
The supermarkets are very well stocked, so far not missing anything, Loewes and especially Harris Teeter in Leland ( on par with Wegmans ) are pretty nice..... AND of course you buy your wine in the supermarkets.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 PM

78 posts, read 199,809 times
Stonereek,Pony Pride,Poodlecamper and CanalsLB etc

We will be down to SJP to take a look at our lot and talk to some builders April 21-25.I would like to meet up with any of you guys on ths forum for a drink and thank you for providing us with your opinions and insight. It really did help us with our decision to pick SJP.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:00 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,423,993 times
Sorry Stoney I was thinking of Lowes/Loewes as in Hardware store rather then a supermarket chain.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:06 AM

556 posts, read 623,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas tim View Post
Stonereek,Pony Pride,Poodlecamper and CanalsLB etc

We will be down to SJP to take a look at our lot and talk to some builders April 21-25.I would like to meet up with any of you guys on ths forum for a drink and thank you for providing us with your opinions and insight. It really did help us with our decision to pick SJP.
We'll be meeting with builders the same week but we may be staying with friends in Myrtle Beach. I'm sure that we'll have time for a cocktail!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 AM

43 posts, read 113,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
The supermarkets are very well stocked, so far not missing anything, Loewes and especially Harris Teeter in Leland ( on par with Wegmans ) are pretty nice..... AND of course you buy your wine in the supermarkets.
Especially now that Lowe's and Wal Mart both have Martin's Rolls

Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 PM

383 posts, read 892,508 times
Hi Texas, I will probably not be at SJP during that week. If you have any questions, just PM me.

Pony

Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,816 times
Default Your thoughts, ideas & opinions...

Good Day,

We have just started looking along the East coast (born/raised in MA) - mostly using the internet to narrow down the places we would like to visit in person - to "find" that close to perfect place to eventually retire to. Saint James is included on our list. As we plan for a possible spring/fall visit, we have a few random Q's that we hope any or all of you would offer your thoughts, ideas and opinions on:

1. Is there a best time to visit to give us the most realistic feel of SJP? When do all the pools, etc.. open up?
2. Which "neighborhoods" are close knit - socialize, get togethers, etc..? (all of our family/friends would be back in MA)
3. I have found that there are a lot of bank owned lots - are there certain areas/sections of SJP that we should focus on - if we choose to go that route?
4. What are the demographics like? We are around 50ish and may not move for a few years after we buy. Do many at SJP still work - not at having fun but at paying jobs! - as we may (or most likely I) continue to work after we move.
5. Anything we should focus on, look at or be concerned about when we visit?

Thank you for your time,

Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina