Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 AM

858 posts, read 2,992,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Ok marc, I understand your point..... just like Jethro I went clear through the 5th grade. .
A grade higher than me Stoney. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:11 AM

38 posts, read 91,203 times
Default Lock the Gates! The Active Pair are on the way!

All seriousness aside, we are on the way. Just bought a lot and plan to build next year.
Why SJP? You might have noticed that we are the "ACTIVE PAIR." Active as in golf (big surprise), fitness, swimming, bicycling (how we met 11 years ago), scuba diving, dog training, Masons, hiking, beach activities, sipping wine while watching the sunset etal. We wanted a community where we could do something different everyday of the week. At first, we thought THE VILLAGES, in FL, was the place for us until the oppressive summer heat discouraged us. This time last year, we received promo material from SJP. After reading the "Coasting" booklet and watching the DVD, it hit us. SJP reminded us of a mini VILLAGES.
After spending most of the year caring for a mother who left us in December, we were finally able to go down last month, for the "Eyetalian Weekend." It exeeded our expectations.
We found a great deal on a lot and now "have our foot in the door."
Now we are researching the "Guild Builders." Any recommendations or opinions?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Default Stoney

Quote:
biscy.... you read my mind !

In fact.... my new house has a dedicated pool room on the first floor for just such pleasuring...... after all, I heard somewhere that you only live once.
Ahhh, another sharp Jersey Guy who has all the angles covered. Atta boy Stoney. Love to play pool with the boys and have a number of beers. Also love to play poker with a group. Don't need high stakes, just quarters, dimes and nickels. Not about the money, just downing some brewskies and jabbering with the boys or couples.

The Good life is near soon.....

Old 03-10-2012, 08:07 AM

Default A Question??

Stoney, you might be able to answer this as well as some other posters. Does anyone know the ins and outs if one buys a resale or lot or whatever now but they don't plan on moving to SJP for 4 years or sooner, how does the Memberships work out. Assume we will pay the 775 annual dues but my question is more directed at the Golf Memberships. Would i be required to pay the 250.00 a month food assessment? Based on what plan I would sign up for would I have to pay the 350.00 or 450.00 Golf membership dues during this period as well even though i am still considered a full time resident of New Joisey??
Just trying to line my ducks up as they say.

Go Duke!!!!!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:51 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
Dear biscula... 1st of all "some" beers and "a number" of brewskies are very subjective terms..... I believe you might like to be more specific....

Next, IF I have it correct, the least expensive membership plan is $160 per month, which is what I have, which allows you to use all the facilities, clubhouses and play golf anywhere except the "Reserve" course.... in point of fact one does not actually need to be a "member" at all to actually play golf, there are outside players although not a preponderance of them.... the food mimimum for members is $600 annually, but again, one does not actually need to be a member to dine at the restaurants ( again, except the Reserve Club ).... theoretically there ARE outside diners at the clubhouses but the POA says that is also very minimal, mostly limited to those playing golf and then having lunch before leaving the plantation. So to answer your question, it is not a huge financial burden to own a lot / house here while waiting to move here full time, there are a lot of others in that very position.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Dear biscula... 1st of all "some" beers and "a number" of brewskies are very subjective terms..... I believe you might like to be more specific....

Next, IF I have it correct, the least expensive membership plan is $160 per month, which is what I have, which allows you to use all the facilities, clubhouses and play golf anywhere except the "Reserve" course.... in point of fact one does not actually need to be a "member" at all to actually play golf, there are outside players although not a preponderance of them.... the food mimimum for members is $600 annually, but again, one does not actually need to be a member to dine at the restaurants ( again, except the Reserve Club ).... theoretically there ARE outside diners at the clubhouses but the POA says that is also very minimal, mostly limited to those playing golf and then having lunch before leaving the plantation. So to answer your question, it is not a huge financial burden to own a lot / house here while waiting to move here full time, there are a lot of others in that very position.
Ahhhh, Very good catch brother Stoney, You caught me on the "some" versus "few". The wifecerous would say I don't know the meaning of either of those terms when it comes to quaffing a # of brewskies. Especially in the warm weather.
Once again you have answere my questions with the answers I like as well.

Now back to my research, thanks dude....

Old 03-10-2012, 04:24 PM

65 posts, read 157,012 times
Quote:

Stonecreek, Does the $160.00 include the price of golf? If not how much is a round of golf?

Old 03-10-2012, 06:26 PM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
It does not include golf / greens fees.... we have not played yet so I do not recall the fees at the moment, if someone else doesn't chime in soon I will look it up.... but as I recall off hand it does not break the bank.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM

38 posts, read 91,203 times
Default Dues and Golf Fees from the horses mouth.

The Initiation Fee plus $160/month gets you a Signature SOCIAL Membership. This entitles the SOCIAL Member "to use of the fitness, swimming, dining, Clubhouse and other social facilities" at the four Clubs. It also gets you complimentary use of the golf practice facilities and 7 day advance tee time signup EXCEPT at the Reserve Club. The Green & Cart Fees for a SOCIAL Member are $65 in the AM and $45 in the PM. again EXCEPT at The Reserve Club.

A SOCIAL Member cannot play tennis. To do so requires a GOLF or TENNIS membership.

The GOLF Membership, at $495/month gets you golf privileges at ALL four Clubs WITHOUT payment of Green Fees. Also Comp use of practice facilities, 14 day advance tee time and use of the same items listed for a SOCIAL Membership. A GOLF membership also allows you to play TENNIS and access to the Troon Prive' Privilege Program and Troon Golf Advantage Program, whatever they are.
This info comes right off the 2012 MEMBERSHIP DUES and GOLF FEES sheet that we just received.

Last edited by Active Pair; 03-10-2012 at 08:04 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 AM

18 posts, read 50,310 times
Is it possible to sell your memebership independently of the house? We have a house at St James and will sell when the price gets to the cost of building it. We hate to pay all these fees for nothing when we do not live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina