Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 09:45 AM

383 posts, read 891,465 times

Advertisements

I will be down at SJP next week. I can do a Wegmans stop for by City Data friends! We have one in Bridgewater, NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 06:52 PM

9 posts, read 17,018 times
Thanks for the input! The more I hear, the better I like SJP!

So, if we take the plunge, I'd be happy to lobby for a Wegman's. My wife loves the place! However, it would be as a "concerned citizen" of SJP and NOT an elected official. My wife has made it crystal clear that when I retire, my public duties have been fulfilled (10x over)!

Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Harris Teeter pretty close to Wegmans up here. They are the cleanest Grocery store chain i have ever shopped in all the states we have lived. Charlotte flooded with them but might change now that they were bought out. I think it was Piggly Wiggly. Am i right?

Old 04-14-2014, 08:23 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
I "heard" that it was Kroger that bought Harris Teeter.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:29 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Your right Stoney, i read that too a few months back. Had a senior moment thinking it was Piggly Wiggly.....

Old 04-18-2014, 04:02 PM

19 posts, read 39,184 times
Default SJP Communities

Can anyone provide comments or comparisons of the various communities within St James?

Old 04-19-2014, 10:07 AM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
Mbeckes,

That is a pretty broad question and the forum has many previous posts on this but here is my view of the different sections of the community.

Founders, Players and Members club are the original parts of the community. They are pretty similar with a mix of wooded lots and golf course lots. Founders also has the Marina in its footprint and Founders and Members are the only sections with Condos.

Woodlands Park is all wooded lots. It has the Amphitheater, beautiful walking trails and dog park.

Seaside is part of the Reserve and has zero entry pool. It also has the cottages in that area. The Reserve in general has larger lots in the community and special building requirements. It has both wooded and golf course lots.

Seaside, parts of the Reserve and Woodland are best served by the Seaside gate. Players has its own non maned gate and the rest of the community users the main gate. They will be building a gate for access from the Marina to Midway road, but not sure when that will be complete.

That is just a brief summary and Stoney will be able to correct any mistakes I made, LOL. The entire community is beautiful.

Pony

Old 04-20-2014, 12:32 PM

Pony, is Willow walk just a new section of Woodlands Park...or is that Woodlankds Park. I cant tell from the maps. Do you know what the homesites run in that section? From google map it doesn't took like building has begun there but looks to be plenty of wooded lots. We are in KY, the grandchildren are in Wilmington. We've visited briefly on two occasions so barely have the lay of the land. We are certainly impressed however and looking for a return visit in June. So glad I found this forum as there is fabulous information here! Thanks to all of you

Old 04-20-2014, 03:15 PM

16 posts, read 46,350 times
Willow Walk is a section of Woodlands Park. If you're biking in Woodlands, you don't realize you've entered another area. I think it's just a way to brand a new section and differentiate (sell). We bought and built in Members Club in 2006 and have loved it but fell in love with Woodlands - so wooded, nature emphasis - and bought a lot there last year. Will re-build once we retire from MD. I think if you look at a map with the amenities and think about what is important to you, that's a good way to approach. They are all lovely neighborhoods, the amenity package is the same regardless of where you live but consider: Are you a boater and want quick access to marina? Are you a beach person? You might enjoy Woodlands Park and Seaside, which have quick exit to Seaside gate. Do you think you'll enjoy club life - tennis, eating at clubhouses? May like to be in Members, Players, Reserve, Beaver Creek area. BUT to be honest, no matter where you are, you are just a few minutes from any of these things. One difference geographically is that some areas/lots are in flood plain (100-year I think) but you would need flood insurance for those lots. For people who love the marsh and the water, it's a no-never mind. But it's just something to consider.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:02 PM

So is willow Lake in the flood plain? And has building started there or are they just opening that section up? The wooded areas, nature trails and music venue are appealing to us. As you said for everything else, it is close by...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina