Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 10:56 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times

Advertisements

Any fence you install will have to be approved by the archicectual control committee (ACC). Tim has it right, I think the limit is 4 ft in height and they usually require some type of shrubs around the perimeter. I also think that if you have a golf course lot, you have to have a gate so golfers can have access to balls that may roll into your yard. I am not 100% positive about that, but that is what I heard. The POA office can give you all the requirements and procedure of getting approval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Damm, and i thought i would never have to buy golf balls again after the balls were hit in my yard....
Thats one of the benefits of having a lot on the course.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:22 AM

39 posts, read 102,464 times
How many of you living in SJP have your crawlspace encapsulated? I understand that most of the houses in that part of county need encapsulation.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:29 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple View Post
How many of you living in SJP have your crawlspace encapsulated? I understand that most of the houses in that part of county need encapsulation.
We don't live in SJP - but own a lot in Ocean Ridge Plantation and we were told by many people we met there during events we flew down to attend that absolutely you should encapsulate your crawlspace and in fact there is also some kind of system where you have tubes somehow put into your walls so the exterminator just has to fill that once a month for termites, etc. hope this helps you!

Old 05-30-2014, 06:33 AM

39 posts, read 102,464 times
I was wondering about the fees for SJP? I realize that you need to pay the $15k or $30K fee plus the $500 to gain access to the pool ect. (not interested in golf). I believe the beach place comes with your purchase without paying the $15k or $30k? What are the monthly fees for social and HOA? Are there restaurant mandatory expenses? A would like a fee breakdown from a owner at SJP?

Old 05-30-2014, 09:37 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Quote:
I was wondering about the fees for SJP? I realize that you need to pay the $15k or $30K fee plus the $500 to gain access to the pool ect. (not interested in golf). I believe the beach place comes with your purchase without paying the $15k or $30k? What are the monthly fees for social and HOA? Are there restaurant mandatory expenses? A would like a fee breakdown from a owner at SJP?

You do not need the 15k or 30k stroke if you just want the social membership which includes the pools, only if you want the golf memberships.

jf

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-31-2014 at 06:36 AM..

Old 05-30-2014, 06:48 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
Biscman,

I though you had to pay the $15K or $25K to use the clubs, gym, tennis courts and pool. If you pay the $15K it is a sunk cost. If you pay the $30K, you get 80% back when you sell your home. After you pay the one time membership, you pay your monthly fees. You can pay different fees depending on how much golf you pay or a social monthly membership. The only pool you can use without being a member is the one by the beach club, as that is part of the POA. I could be wrong.

PonyPride

Old 05-31-2014, 10:04 PM

19 posts, read 39,184 times
Can someone give me a run down on the various clubs...members, founders, reserve, players...I'd assume they each have a distinctive personality and amenities available. Does one normally settle in at one or utilize all.. Depending... And is the 15/30k fee required if not playing golf?

Old 06-01-2014, 06:54 AM

19 posts, read 39,184 times
Mayor, how was your visit? We are doing the same in two weeks. Any advice to make the most of the time?

Old 06-02-2014, 07:23 PM

59 posts, read 137,246 times
Quote:

Ponypride is correct. To join the Clubs, you pay either $15k (nonrefundable) OR $30k (80% refundable if you sell your home) and then decide which membership you wish: social, tennis or golf. Each membership has single or family and then resident or nonresident. You can pay nonresident for up to five years; after that you have to pay resident fee. Social membership includes discounts at all clubs for food and merchandise, pools, gym, golf with advance notice at nonpeak times; tennis is not included. Tennis includes everything that social does and obviously includes tennis. The golf is for serious golfers and includes everything. Nonresident minimum is $200/year and resident is $600/year. My husband and I were there last week and met the nonresident minimum easily while there. The POA (HOA) depends on where you live: Regency Lakes, Seaside, Harbor Watch, Club Villas, etc. Someone had posted a link to the fees earlier on this thread. I don't know what the $500 is you mentioned. Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina