Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times

Advertisements

This is what I found for on line ticketing:

CSU PUEBLO

Or anyone can call them directly. Contact the CSU-Pueblo Ticket Office at (719) 549-2050.

Tickets are reasonable priced. From 5 dollars a ticket for general admission, people sit on the grass around the north end zone, to 10 or 20 dollars. I usually pay 10 dollars a ticket and am by the 40 yard line on the west side.

Parking is plentiful and costs 5 dollars.

For the regular season games there is tail gating by the alumni association and friends of football (the group who were instrumental in bringing back football) and the cost for food, drinks and beer (people over 21 obviously) is 6 dollars a person. I am not sure if they will have it for post season play.

At the game there is typical football game food and drinks with venders on both sides of the stadium.

With general admission the stadium can hold over 12,000 people. I think it would be a great atmosphere if it would sell out and with Pueblo having a metro population of 160,000 people I dont see why we can't sell it out. Not that they don't get a decent crowd as the last nationally televised game on a Thursday had over 9,000 people, more then regularly attend the division 2 title games. However, when Pueblo hosts the payoffs I really hope every game is sold out to give the team a boost and if they make it to the last playoff game and its on ESPN it would really make Pueblo look good for the national audience if the Thunderbowl is just that, a thunderbowl with the crowd being loud.

Last edited by Josseppie; 11-09-2011 at 11:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Link to playoff ticket page.

Here's the key aspect for buying tix:
"....If you are interested in purchasing post-season tickets, visit the CSU-Pueblo Bookstore website to purchase your seats online. This offer is only available for current season ticket holders and will expire by November 11, 2011. Playoff tickets for non-season ticket holders will be available starting the Monday prior to each game. ..."

If one is not a season ticket holder, they can start buying playoff single game tix on the Monday before each playoff game.

Assuming the team is in the playoffs (a fairly sure thing at this time), then on Monday, 14 Nov, anyone can buy tix, which certainly are cheap enough, and hopefully people will buy tix and fill up the place. Hopefully the Pueblo Chamber of Commerce is providing lots of info to the network TV folks about the cooler things in the city, like the riverwalk, sloppers, good eats, DOT test track, etc.

Now, name several good places to get eats in the area, sloppers, or whatever. Here's the Pueblo Food thread for starters.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:55 PM

^

Great post.

People can, also, buy the tickets there in person at the athletic department. They will open at 8 am on Monday as well. This is mainly for locals who find it easy to drive out to the university. That is what I do as I can pick up the tickets the same time I buy them. Next year I am getting season tickets, don't ask me why I have not got them yet as I have gone to almost every home game for years now.

One thing to bring to peoples attention is the November 14 date. It is officially 2 weeks before the first playoff game CSU Pueblo is in as they will have a bye next weekend and will be playing on Saturday November 26. They decided to give them 2 weeks to sale the tickets to have a better chance of selling out the stadium. The one week rule applies to the other playoff games if CSU Pueblo wins.

If anyone has any questions about CSU Pueblo or Pueblo in general and do not want to ask in the public forum feel free to DM me and I will help you to the best of my ability.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:19 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Thx Mike.

We should throw up some pics in the food thread showing bingo burger and a couple of the favs. Bingo burger is pricey but the burgers and homemade fries are tasty.

Has anyone eaten at the Holiday Inn by Sams?

I'll probably be working during these games.

It would be nice to see the Pack get some playoff home games.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:27 PM

I have had dinner twice at the Holiday Inn by the Sams Club and its nice. If someone would choose to stay the night I think they would be happy.

I am still amazed when I think Pueblo and playoffs in the same sentence as that was something reserved for a university in or near Denver or the Broncos. I am sure I will be that way this entire season.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:40 AM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
It's an obscure and very distant memory, but I think these football playoffs are best experienced one game at a time.

That being said, how far could the Pack ride the home field advantage?

Old 11-11-2011, 10:14 AM

I'm not sure I understand the question.

If you are asking how many games could they play at home if they keep winning the answer is all of the playoff games. If you are asking a strategic question, how will it help them, the jury is still out on that one. So far in the regurlar season it has been a big help as the Pack have been strong at home then again they play much better teams in the playoffs who should be better on the road.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:32 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
...That being said, how far could the Pack ride the home field advantage?
IIRC from the website, there are 4 home games in Pueblo if they keep winning, the 5th game being in Alabama.

2011 NCAA Division II Championship Schedule
Date...........................Round.............. ..........Location
November 19..............Preliminary Round...........Campus Site
November 26..............Second Round.................Campus Site
December 3................Quarterfinals..................Ca mpus Site
December 10...............Semifinals.....................Ca mpus Site
December 17...............Championship................Flore nce, Alabama
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 AM

What I don't understand is how they break down who plays who in the playoffs and title game.

There are 4 super regions so my guess is 2 regions play each other (region 1 and region 2) then (region 3 and region 4) then the winner of region 1 and 2 plays the winner of region 3 and 4 in the title game much like the winner of the AFC plays the winner of the NFC in the superbowl. I keep looking it up but can't find anything on line.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:09 PM

There is a High Wind Warning for game time tomorrow with winds gusts that could top 60 MPH maybe get close to 80 MPH. This is the third game the Pack has played in during strong winds so they should be use to it but it wont be a fun day for passing and field goal or extra point attempts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football